King Of Off Topic

I think I've made three eligible posts that weren't specifically about this project. Two of those posts were at-bats against the Yankees in Yankee Stadium during their consecutive errorless streak where I hit an easy grounder to Jeter that he misplayed, but the official scorer didn't want to give him an error because of the streak and because, hey, it's Jeter, so I defaulted into a single. And one of them I scored as an out and then thought to myself, "you know, if you're going to give yourself an out, you probably shouldn't have posted it. What do you think, maybe?" I think when all is said and done, I'm going to throw my stats out the window (unless I somehow manage to hit a few home runs) and slide myself into the 4 seed. That way I can probably get through to the Sweet Sixteen and still feel no shame about losing to a #1. I suppose the correct treatment would be to just disqualify myself from it entirely.
I particularly like the visual. Joey is sitting at the computer in his Study one evening, going over the day's posts, mumble-talking to himself as he enters them into a spreadsheet. "Okay SuitedAces, single. Chrozzo, strikeout. NavyButtons, double. JoeyJoJo, out. Spe-...." He then looks up and frowns. "Well. That's less than ideal."There is so much one could do with this idea. A writer reviewing his own book as "so much paperback claptrap," for example. Somebody smart and funny should do something with this. I think you should designate somebody like Tim Wakefield to grade all your qualifying posts. Actually, now that I think about it, Tim Wakefield might be the worst choice on the whole board. Given his line of work, I don't think he'd be a fair scorer.
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this thread shows how little you know. i only had to click once for easier viewing.i agree with 98%. if anyone is offended by this, you're the one i'm talking about.also hollywoodafd vs. kaveros in

I'm comfortable with my decision.

I'm sure you are.

Well, come on, HawthoRNe fucking had to be terrible. I mean, Jada Pinkett Smith playing an edgy, tough-as-nails nurse? Argh.Yes. I am a reasonably high-quality poster, and I'm also a bit of a self-conscious narcissist. At least 5 times in the last few weeks, I've been about to post something, when I thought: "Wait, is this a new thread? It's going to count. I dunno, if I put this ball in play it's definitely going to hurt my ratios. I'll just let somebody else handle this one." The most likely result is that a handful of good posters will pull back on the reins a little, but probably only the ones like me that (a) have "something to lose"* and (B) actually give a fuck. *- I'd say having an objective scoring system can only hurt the perception of my abilities. It's like getting into a fight with a girl, or something. If you win, well, people were already pretty sure you were going to win. If you lose, Holy Crap, you just got your ass kicked by a girl. I'm interested to see the results, either way. I don't know enough about psychology/Jada Pinkett-Smith to really contribute anything meaningful. Luckily this thread was created yearsso ago, so I'm safe.
a new game is on, top of the 1st it is. My most worthy opponent thy sly titical blunder oh how sweet this is yes this tough as nail nurse will ship your ass into shape by time this game gets into high gear. Game On. Reasonable really, How can you be self conscious and a narcissist ass? Fight with a girl, and who did start that first if not you. And yes this girl will ****ing kick your ass
Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong.
oh how true, even some leave lasting impressions ;)let the games begin :)you titical blunder I think you might of been in the wrong division. but that's okay. My worries are not so much you any ways. It's more of one or 2 of the other posters who I think are more finer, and have much more wit and cunning style to there play.

I have to say, Rose has been exceptional this week. I've had to look back at the post count on almost every post to make sure it wasn't the joke account.

I have to say, Rose has been exceptional this week. I've had to look back at the post count on almost every post to make sure it wasn't the joke account.
just chalk it up to life's gravest paybacks lol,

Ugh, sterile use of statistics = GOOKS.jpgDo we not consider the qualitative, organic, more subjective stuff? That Coke *may*be better than ****ing Pepsi even though Pepsi is technically 'sweeter'?Is a 375 foot scraper HR judged precisely the same as a 525 foot bomb?

Ugh, sterile use of statistics = GOOKS.jpgDo we not consider the qualitative, organic, more subjective stuff? That Coke *may*be better than ****ing Pepsi even though Pepsi is technically 'sweeter'?Is a 375 foot scraper HR judged precisely the same as a 525 foot bomb?
Shouldn't toughness also count for something? Learn how to play hurt, scram. You sat out most of the sample period with hemorrhoids.

I didn't sit out. I was benched, and only because I wouldn't submit to the coaches homosexual advances.I will not allow my career to become a "what could've been"...

I didn't sit out. I was benched, and only because I wouldn't submit to the coaches homosexual advances.I will not allow my career to become a "what could've been"...
and back from the disable list is AmScray omfg , look outthe tales of the werewelcome back
He then looks up and frowns. "Well. That's less than ideal."
I read this in Tobias' voice.
you titical blunder I think you might of been in the wrong division. but that's okay. My worries are not so much you any ways. It's more of one or 2 of the other posters who I think are more finer, and have much more wit and cunning style to there play.
What do you mean by your worries? As in worried about who can beat you? Do you want a list? Here it is:1) Not chrozzop.s. Why are you incapable of learning the difference between "have" and "of?"
an example would be getting involved with a land whore in asia
Awesome
What exactly is a titical blunder?
my nick name for tactical bear, have to go to my thread for the reference
3) "Titical Blunder." That is just the worst nickname ever. Am I a blunder? Or is my behavior blunderous? What is a "titical?" I mean, it's obvioulsy not a word, but if it were a word, what would it mean? "Of or pertaining to tits?" When you put them together, my nickname is "Breast Mistake," and we're no closer to figuring out whaaaaaat the fuuuuuuck Rose is trying to say.For the record, she was one single letter away from absolute brilliance. 'Tritical' is the adjective form of the word 'trite.' I don't even know what the implications would have been had she typed something that obscure. It would have been such an easy typo too. You're Titical Blunder now though, and it's gonna stick.
you're a head case, scram. You're not a team player. You're a diva who put's himself and his own accomplishments ahead of the goals of the team. Plus, the black and latino players can't stand you. Basically, you're a club house cancer, and that's never going help you get calls.
you're a head case, scram. You're not a team player. You're a diva who put's himself and his own accomplishments ahead of the goals of the team. Plus, the black and latino players can't stand you. Basically, you're a club house cancer, and that's never going help you get calls.
It doesn't matter. You all have to tolerate me because I can do things no one else can do. "Being liked" is for faggots (and self-loathing Jews).
What is it you can do that others can't? Have multiple bannings?
How straight-forwardly not clever of you... You reiterated what I said in the form of a question, then pointed out the fact that I've been banned MULTIPLE times!Feeling a bit gookish today, are we?
I read this in Tobias' voice.What do you mean by your worries? As in worried about who can beat you? Do you want a list? Here it is:1) Not chrozzop.s. Why are you incapable of learning the difference between "have" and "of?" Awesome
Oh there are a few more on that list, besides chrozzo that I can beat. I know who are my worthy opponents are. I am just going to be a little more choosy now how I post and how I will respond. I want to go after more quality posts with more zip, and get the triples and home run bats. I may make occasional singles or doubles and even some strike outs but every batter has it's bad day at the plate. I am going to follow some old man on the forum here and be wise with the one line punches right El Guapo :club:
How straight-forwardly not clever of you... You reiterated what I said in the form of a question, then pointed out the fact that I've been banned MULTIPLE times!Feeling a bit gookish today, are we?
Not especially. Just biding my time until you make another ban-worthy post.
my nick name for tactical bear, have to go to my thread for the reference
I applaud the decision to give background on the nickname by posting a response that details how horrible it is.
I applaud the decision to give background on the nickname by posting a response that details how horrible it is.
you may think it's horrible but it fits him well. It's better than the nickname he gave me.He will be a blunder after I am finish with him in this game. count on it.