King Of Off Topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this thread shows how little you know. i only had to click once for easier viewing.i agree with 98%. if anyone is offended by this, you're the one i'm talking about.also hollywoodafd vs. kaveros in

I'm comfortable with my decision.

I'm sure you are.

Can we use golf analogies or something?
Probably not...I know how a lot of golfers play, but not their personalities. Plus I'm too lazy to think about it for more than 15 seconds.
At least 5 times in the last few weeks, I've been about to post something, when I thought: "Wait, is this a new thread? It's going to count. I dunno, if I put this ball in play it's definitely going to hurt my ratios. I'll just let somebody else handle this one." The most likely result is that a handful of good posters will pull back on the reins a little, but probably only the ones like me that (a) have "something to lose"* and (B) actually give a fuck.
This is a problem for me. One of the best qualities any poster can have is not giving a fuck if any given joke kills or falls flat.
Ugh, sterile use of statistics = (Picture of Diabolical Chinaman)Do we not consider the qualitative, organic, more subjective stuff? That Coke *may*be better than ****ing Pepsi even though Pepsi is technically 'sweeter'?Is a 375 foot scraper HR judged precisely the same as a 525 foot bomb?
First, don't be that "STATISTICS ARE FOR NERDS" guy. Sure, things like "heart" and "desire" and "clutchitude" are difficult to quantify, which is why we:Attempt to only evaluate what the evaluee can control. A good measure of performance removes things like luck and context. Attempt to use the largest sample possible. There can be a lot of variance in small samples, to which anyone who has played a significant amount of limit hold-em can attest, since there's no skill in shorthanded LHE in the shortrun, just variance. If a player can consistently hit 335-foot wall scrapers, than he is really of no less value than the guy that hits 500-foot bombs at the same rate. Now, those cheapies will start turning into flyouts sooner rather than later (see: Mauer, Joe), and as long as we recognize that HR totals in the shortrun are a result of variance/luck, we won't draw any erroneous conclusions.Finally, we decide what we are measuring, and what we're using it for. Are we trying to judge past performance and impact? Or are we building a model to help us predict future performance?In any case, this is a necessarily subjective exercize, but Joey's attempts to rationally and objectively evaluate every poster's performance is both laudable and -- since I won the last bracket -- probably, like, perfect.
"Being liked" is for faggots (and self-loathing Jews).
This is part of your inimitable charm, and why, if you posted even semi-frequently, you'd have a really good chance at being the #1 overall seed in the tournament.As an aside, I am both a faggot and, even though I'm not Jewish by any measure, the closest thing to a self-loathing Jew I know (not counting famous people and fictional characters and shit.)
an example would be getting involved with a land whore in asia
Out of all the funny shit in this thread - and there was a lot of funny shit in this thread - this made me laugh the longest. I re-giggled twice.
Not especially. Just biding my time until you make another ban-worthy post.
Since I am in jeapordy of repeat-offender classification, the next time I go down, I'll be away for a long, long time; possibly, for good. Because of this, I've had to develop a new strategy to 'be me' without 'being me'. You will see this unfold over the coming months.In short, I can no longer make fun of Blacks, Jews or Asians (the latter being the most painful). Making fun of blacks is like shooting fish in a barrel, so that's no big deal. Jews- they've been piping their bullshit into your brains via the TV for generations, thus have cemented a rarefied type of holy-high protected species status that cannot be overcome with humor. They control your brains, and they will not let you stand for that stuff. Asians? This hurts. This hurts bad. There's always been a great deal of 'value' in making fun of them, because it's so unexpected, yet there is just so much to make fun of; stuff that is generally untapped in the realms of racial humor. Sadry, I have to give them up.I've decided to wrap all my racial humor into one bag. I'm 'all in'. From now on, I'm going after the Hawaiians. No, they aren't as fertile a category as blacks, making fun of them isn't as "shocking" as making fun the Jews and whatever ground is broken in making fun of them isn't nearly as meaningful as it is with otherwise trailblazing gook humor, but they seem to be my only out.It isn't likely that they'll be many people intimately connected to native Hawaiians to lament (and complain) over my jokes, plus, there's just enough about them that's funny to potentially make for a valuable little niche (also, there IS an Asian component there, so it isn't like I'm going Cold Turkey)So, watch the **** out, Hawaiians. I've been put in a position where I'm having to make lemonade out of your rotten lemons- and if it's Hawaiians making that lemonade, it's probably filled with ground beef, cheese, six cups of sugar and served on a rock so you have to lick off whatever you don't eat with your hands.
there's just enough about them that's funny to potentially make for a valuable little niche.
Such as? I mean, obviously if there's anyone that could find way to make fun of Hawaiians it's you, but I'm not sure what kind of fodder there happens to be just lying around. Some of them are fat...a few play the ukulele...they eat spam...actually, you're not that far off from that description yourself. Substitute the guitar for the ukulele and corned beef for spam, and all of a sudden Finkle is Einhorn.Wait, am I ruining punchlines here?
Such as? I mean, obviously if there's anyone that could find way to make fun of Hawaiians it's you, but I'm not sure what kind of fodder there happens to be just lying around. Some of them are fat...a few play the ukulele...they eat spam...actually, you're not that far off from that description yourself. Substitute the guitar for the ukulele and corned beef for spam, and all of a sudden Finkle is Einhorn.Wait, am I ruining punchlines here?
Look. Don't tip my hand, asshole. It isn't like I have a lot to work with here. All I need is you coming along and in your "look at me I'm a big hook-nosed sheenie who can use my Jew sorcery to predict the future" sardonic way, killing off what little I have.
Look. Don't tip my hand, asshole. It isn't like I have a lot to work with here. All I need is you coming along and in your "look at me I'm a big hook-nosed sheenie who can use my Jew sorcery to predict the future" sardonic way, killing off what little I have.
I cant stop laughing at this. I dont even find scram's jewish stuff offensive. It's more like a series of whiny backhanded compliments.

Speaking of Spam, I went to the Spam musuem this summer.Well worth the 4 hour drive if you ask me.Don't know why the Hawiaiians like it so much, but probably because it has very few letters

Don't know why the Hawiaiians like it so much, but probably because it has very few letters
9/10.See, retards?There is potential with the Hawaiians.
I'm probably in love with this post.
And on this fantastic note, I'm going to bed, where I'll inevitably wonder where "sheenie" comes from and wish that I had googled it instead of rubbing one out and forgetting all about it before shutting down my computer.
Asians? This hurts. This hurts bad. There's always been a great deal of 'value' in making fun of them, because it's so unexpected, yet there is just so much to make fun of; stuff that is generally untapped in the realms of racial humor. Sadry, I have to give them up.
As someone who delights in asian racial stereotypes, I feel your pain. But i've always gone for the pushing the boundries without breaking them sort of racial slurs over the years, always leaving in the air if I'm just being ironic, making a statement about racism itself, or really hate those shifty nips. You, on the other hand, have cared little about boundries over the years, and (appear) to delight purely in making the politically correct soil themselves in disgust over your comments. It will be a tough row to how from now on, Scram, and I doubt you'll make it. But I, for one, will miss you.
9/10.See, retards?There is potential with the Hawaiians.
Then there's the royal tradition of marrying your sister...Probably because even they don't want to have to pronounce any new last names