Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

Without a pretty decent read, I'm c/c the river. Bet/calling is ok but usually stops them from bluffing.Also, I rarely 3 bet this hand preflop. Esp in 6 max games, the LAGs are gonna fire away on A high boards and c/f A high boards if you 3 bet it pre.
it was a HU hand and the first hand of the match.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can chug the math by hand if i have to :club:.i'm mostly just curious about the usefulness of software with my questioning. like, my understanding of math is enough to have my instincts say "call down," which i obv did, but what i was curious about is whether it's fairly easy to get a bit of software like pokerstove to do that for you, and include discounting the probability of certain hands based on villain tendencies in the past. if i can't make pokerstove do the 1/3 discounting thing, it's honestly mostly useless to me.
yeah poker stove won't do that for you. it does pure hot/cold equity.

my day so far. above expectation. although my month is still below expectation slightly so i feel it's owed to me. :club:march132008ww0.jpgi really should play more. but i got owned really hard by this one guy (who i played from about hand 230 to 297) and i want to review that HH in the PT player.

Last hand for the sessionAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $15/$306 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :ts:D4 folds, Hero calls, BB raises, Hero calls.Flop: :D :D :4h (4SB, 2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.Turn: :5c (6BB, 2 players)Hero bets, BB calls.River: :club: (8BB, 2 players)Hero bets, BB calls.Results:Final pot: 10BBRunning at 8bb/100 for my first 2k hands on AP.

Running at 8bb/100 for my first 2k hands on AP.
that will stop when AP decides that you don't deserve to hit any draws ever :club:.navy, who were you playing? a lot of the HU guys start tables with me, i might know a bit about him.
navy, who were you playing? a lot of the HU guys start tables with me, i might know a bit about him.
CHILLIE. i thought i had a pretty good read on him. i'm just not sure if he ran hot or if i wasn't adjusting properly. i was waiting at 2 tables tonight. one of 5/10 and one of 3/6 and he sat at the 3/6. it seemed like he life rolled but i got the better of him there. so maybe he's busto now.
CHILLIE. i thought i had a pretty good read on him. i'm just not sure if he ran hot or if i wasn't adjusting properly. i was waiting at 2 tables tonight. one of 5/10 and one of 3/6 and he sat at the 3/6. it seemed like he life rolled but i got the better of him there. so maybe he's busto now.
yea i've played him. not good at all in a HU setting, though i've never played him when the table got full. can't adapt for shit and you can get him on his heels and playing predictably easily. he prob just ran like god.

whats the most worthwhile site to play LHE on when you factor in all the perks and rakeback etc? I just started looking at ultimate bet again, if I understand their new RAISE promo thing correct if you earn at least 10k points per month you qualify for a 9% interest rate on your account balance if you leave it in all month and have at least 1k, and you can trade in points for $.007 per point, as well as clearing bonus dollars. If I had rakeback there too then it would be a definite that i would try UB for awhile, but Im not sure how it compares to rakeback+bonuses on AP, or rakeback+ironman stuff on full tilt.

i went through the hand history that i had where i got beat up on real bad. i'm really happy with how i played. this was the one hand that i'm not quite sure of. villain is unpredictable and can spew bets with draws and such, and will also try and make big calls on the river. river thoughts (of course in the general sense):Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$102 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with :club::ts SB calls, Hero checks.Flop: :D :D :5c (2SB, 2 players)Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.Turn: :D (3BB, 2 players)Hero checks, SB bets, Hero raises, SB calls.River: :4h (7BB, 2 players)hero?edit: after having posted it, it seems like a pretty easy c/c. oh well. I LOVE the converter looking like that.

whats the most worthwhile site to play LHE on when you factor in all the perks and rakeback etc? I just started looking at ultimate bet again, if I understand their new RAISE promo thing correct if you earn at least 10k points per month you qualify for a 9% interest rate on your account balance if you leave it in all month and have at least 1k, and you can trade in points for $.007 per point, as well as clearing bonus dollars. If I had rakeback there too then it would be a definite that i would try UB for awhile, but Im not sure how it compares to rakeback+bonuses on AP, or rakeback+ironman stuff on full tilt.
AP ainec. full tilt is garbage even with the ironman stuff.navy, i'm drunx0rz now, but since he raised the flop with the ace, which was a heart, you maybe can vb that river, eh?
yes, navy, easy c/c you donkey :D
sometimes i get playing fast and make moves before i realize what the last card is and in this case i accidentally insta-bet. he banked and then raised :club::ts on me. ournqwurnqwuen!! RIGHT IN MY EYE!
navy, i'm drunx0rz now, but since he raised the flop with the ace, which was a heart, you maybe can vb that river, eh?
yeah, i tried to value bet it. he banked and then raised :5c:D on me. ournqwurnqwuen!! RIGHT IN MY EYE!LOLOLOLOLOLOLfor the record, i still like c/c. :4h
sometimes i get playing fast and make moves before i realize what the last card is and in this case i accidentally insta-bet. he banked and then raised :club::ts on me. ournqwurnqwuen!! RIGHT IN MY EYE!yeah, i tried to value bet it. he banked and then raised :4h:D on me. ournqwurnqwuen!! RIGHT IN MY EYE!LOLOLOLOLOLOLfor the record, i still like c/c. :D
haha, yeah, i mean i puss out and c/c like every time, but i think because of his flop and turn play, unless he's doing that with any heart as well (which he apparently is, lol), i think it might be a valuebet longterm. he's calling with an ace, right? are you gonna fold if he raises?
he's calling with an ace, right?
yeah. but i think his range is weighted against an A because of the preflop limp. and if the K hadn't come on the river then i think a vb has a bit more merit but now we're tying with any 5.
yeah. but i think his range is weighted against an A because of the preflop limp. and if the K hadn't come on the river then i think a vb has a bit more merit but now we're tying with any 5.
i didn't notice limp. as i said i'm drunkz0rz :club:. in that case i def c/c. he can't have an ace unless he's showing you he actually might limp one.
i can chug the math by hand if i have to :club:.i'm mostly just curious about the usefulness of software with my questioning. like, my understanding of math is enough to have my instincts say "call down," which i obv did, but what i was curious about is whether it's fairly easy to get a bit of software like pokerstove to do that for you, and include discounting the probability of certain hands based on villain tendencies in the past. if i can't make pokerstove do the 1/3 discounting thing, it's honestly mostly useless to me.fwiw, i also sometimes cap and b/f river, but this villain isn't quite predictable enough in blind situations to do that.
Checky - This piece of software should help, it's essentially the same as stove but you can weight ranges and a few other things.http://www.holdemranger.com/index.html

Good spot for a donkbet?Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $10/$206 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :club::5c UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.Flop: :D :D :4h (10SB, 5 players)Hero checks, BB bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Button raises, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: :ts (9BB, 4 players)Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Button calls.River: :D (12BB, 3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.Results:Final pot: 12BB

I LOVE IT!edit: god damn that's sexy.
I think its pretty flawless here. BB could easily have an overpair or AQ where he can't raise me and the button has a draw here a good amount of the time. BB could also have JJ or TT where I'd be getting value and if the button somehow had a set or JT, I can call teh turn and fold the river for the same price as calling down.

Just got to witness this spiceballAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $5/$106 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :5c:D2 folds, Hero folds, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds.Flop: :D:ts:D (5SB, 2 players)SB checks, Button bets, SB calls.Turn: :4h (3.5BB, 2 players)SB checks, Button bets, SB raises, Button 3-bets, SB calls.River: :3h (9.5BB, 2 players)SB bets, Button raises, SB calls all-in $1.68.Uncalled bets: 0.83BB returned to Button.Results:Final pot: 11.84BBButton has JJ, SB has K :club: 9 :D

I'm going to deposit on AP just to clear the bonus. my main playstage will still be partypoker. so what do you guys recommend when i just want to clear that bonus? is 2/4 just as soft as 1/2 or should i just stick to 1/2? as far as i know, as long as the pot rakes 50 cents, it doesnt matter how much more it rakes after that 50 cents. so 1/2 should do just as well as 2/4 with clearing the bonus right? i mean if the 1/2 games are considerably softer (or more available) than the 2/4 games i wanna stick with that. what do you suggest?