Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

PokerStars Game #16643203557: Hold'em Limit ($3/$6) - 2008/04/11 - 03:59:34 (ET)Table 'Campania' 6-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: Steven Bull ($175 in chips) Seat 2: onlyme386 ($222.50 in chips) Seat 3: Djek82 ($100 in chips) Seat 4: ironhwy61 ($128.50 in chips) Seat 5: smacksoup ($116 in chips) Seat 6: Chippycabra ($90 in chips) Steven Bull: posts small blind $1onlyme386: posts big blind $3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to onlyme386 [Kc 9h]Djek82: calls $3ironhwy61: calls $3smacksoup: folds Chippycabra: calls $3Steven Bull: calls $2onlyme386: checks *** FLOP *** [9d 9s Ks]Steven Bull: checks onlyme386: bets $3Djek82: calls $3ironhwy61: folds Chippycabra: raises $3 to $6Steven Bull: folds onlyme386: calls $3Djek82: raises $3 to $9Chippycabra: raises $3 to $12Betting is cappedonlyme386: calls $6Djek82: calls $3*** TURN *** [9d 9s Ks] [2s]onlyme386: checks Djek82: bets $6Chippycabra: calls $6onlyme386: raises $6 to $12Djek82: raises $6 to $18Chippycabra: folds onlyme386: raises $6 to $24Betting is cappedDjek82: calls $6*** RIVER *** [9d 9s Ks 2s] [7s]onlyme386: bets $6Djek82: raises $6 to $12onlyme386: raises $6 to $18Djek82: raises $6 to $24Betting is cappedonlyme386: calls $6*** SHOW DOWN ***Djek82: shows [Kd Kh] (a full house, Kings full of Nines)onlyme386: shows [Kc 9h] (a full house, Nines full of Kings)Djek82 collected $150 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $153 | Rake $3 Board [9d 9s Ks 2s 7s]Seat 1: Steven Bull (small blind) folded on the FlopSeat 2: onlyme386 (big blind) showed [Kc 9h] and lost with a full house, Nines full of KingsSeat 3: Djek82 showed [Kd Kh] and won ($150) with a full house, Kings full of NinesSeat 4: ironhwy61 folded on the FlopSeat 5: smacksoup folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: Chippycabra (button) folded on the TurnI actually have a note on this guy that he limps everything preflop, including big pairs. When do I slowdown on this kind of board?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just call river raise.
I agree. The only thing I question is, is this guy bad enough to spew off that much with AsAx? Still I think it's just a call, but that would make it closer.
I agree. The only thing I question is, is this guy bad enough to spew off that much with AsAx? Still I think it's just a call, but that would make it closer.
Giving the flop and turn action I don't think he ever has AsAx

shawn, i think you're looking at the same hand as yours or you're beat after a raise on the river, especially if he's the kinda guy that limps big pairs preflop. i probably just call that raise, too.well, today was a, uh, day.wowowlb5.th.jpgthe stupid "omg LHE boo" thing is that when i was up almost 60BB, a guy who was 75/10/0.7 sat down and turned or rivered me about 15 times on that downswing on the end. he'd peel KQJ flops with 28 and make running two pairs over and over and over, not only against me. he was up about 90BB in the span of 100 hands or so. sick, imo.still played a longer day than usual, about 1k hands, which is good. i've been working on turn raising (instead of flop) to isolate a bit more than i have in the past in multiway pots, especially when i'm at tables where people are donkbetting a lot. it's probably a small leak in the short term, but it's getting me a lot more action on my turn raises than i normally get, so it's working out in the black, methinks.

so kids, how are we withdrawing from AP now that epassporte ist kaputt?
I assume that they're sending checks to Americans. Their check option to Canada works well.If you use E-Wallet Express it's fine for moving money from site to site as there are no fees but they charge outrageous withdrawal fees. Last I checked it was 10% to a maximum of $150 in fees for a withdrawal.
I assume that they're sending checks to Americans. Their check option to Canada works well.If you use E-Wallet Express it's fine for moving money from site to site as there are no fees but they charge outrageous withdrawal fees. Last I checked it was 10% to a maximum of $150 in fees for a withdrawal.
And I thought $3 on $300 was bad for epassporte. Does ewallet express take long to setup? Do you have to do the account verification thing where they deposit money into your account and you have to tell them how much it was?
yea that's what i saw and was basically like "**** that." how long does it take to get a check from ap?
yea that's what i saw and was basically like "**** that." how long does it take to get a check from ap?
They use a different check processor for Canada and the US so I can't say how long it will take for Americans. In Canada they use Chexx Inc just like most of the large sites do and they're very fast.

I'm in the US and I've always gotten checks within 7-10 days from all sites except Bodog, they suck.I believe my checks from AP came from Chexx, checky. :club:

I'm in the US and I've always gotten checks within 7-10 days from all sites except Bodog, they suck.I believe my checks from AP came from Chexx, checky. :club:
In the past they did come from Chexx inc but I would be very surprised if they still are as Chexx stopped sending checks to the US for online gaming companies.

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your email. Cashouts by check for our US Players pre-UIGEA were normally taking 10-15 business days for delivery. Unfortunately given the lack of credible check processors remaining in this sector, those who do remain are inundated with processing requests. The result is a backup industry wide and expected delivery times of 20-25 business days or longer and at this time we are unable to provide a firm expectation for the delivery of a check to US players. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Kind Regards, Adam Cake Poker Support

Is there anything more tilting than playing an HU match vs a fish, obviously getting crushed, then he sits out and says "ty" and leaves?No, didn't think so.Stuck $1500 already. 36% at showdown over 507 hands. Sigh.

took a few days off. today didn't go as well as i would have liked. it sucks i'm running below expectation at the beginning of this. oh well what the hell.today's final tally: 680 handsday 1: +$712day 2: +$304day 3: -$507day 4-7: DNPday 8: -$165total br: $1342

if anyone should happen to see tokmak333 on the street, please shoot him in the face, get my money back, and ship via AP. tyty :)if anyone should ever play that guy, cap every playable hand preflop, cap any flop no matter what if you play the hand (for value), then call down turn and river with king high or better. just hope he doesn't river you every hand like he did me, lol.so far, stuck 350 against tokmak333 and +200 at more regular tables. ffs.

i may have experienced my first 160BB downswing ever (from day 3 through today). got to recover a bit at the end of the day. hands today: 312day 1: +$712day 2: +$304day 3: -$507day 4-7: DNPday 8: -$165day 9: -$79total br: $1263still in really good spirits though. back to the grind tomorrow. at this point 20K seems out of the question (especially with the few days off), but i don't think 10K is out of reach.

didn't i say 2-7 is the best and funnest game to run like god at?well, in case anyone was wondering, it's also probably the world's best trip to suicidetown when you're running like shit. today i'm 0/9 on one card draws and LOL-under expectation when i'm pat on the last draw.SHIP THE -35BB WEEEEEEEabout -300 on the day now. at least i get paid rakeback tomorrow, so i can imagine that this never happened :club:.

.5/1 Stud plays a lot different from .25/.5. A lot less really dumb call downs, more reasonable moves, and way more HU pots. I'm definitely a strong losing .5/1 Stud player, playing 30 minutes of NLHE 6 max to pay for 2 hours of stud play. I'm thinking of going back down to .5 so I can establish like 10k hands of strong wins before going back up, but I'm not sure if it's worth it if the game is so much different one level up. I've barely played NLHE all week, just enough to pay for the times I've lost at Stud - but I assume I'll log a decent amount of time this week to clear the $120 bonus + pay for some sandwiches before going back to my minbet adventure.

LOL f u today, fo rizzle. it is NOT FAIR to lose boat over boat HU twice and 3handed once in the same day.i also seemed to wear a "omg three bet me every time!" button on my forehead today. ick.stuck around a hundo today. fortunate, really, though--it coulda been a whole lot worse.edit: two missed double draws in multiway pots, and it just got a fair bit worse, lol.edit again: decide to play 10 more min hu against a guy i have a decent but not great edge against. in this ten minutes, he makes a set vs my top two TWICE, AND gets dealt AA vs 99 on an all under board. F ME RIGHT IN THE ASS, PLEASE. kiss another 150 goodbye, blech.

LOL f u today, fo rizzle. it is NOT FAIR to lose boat over boat HU twice and 3handed once in the same day.i also seemed to wear a "omg three bet me every time!" button on my forehead today. ick.stuck around a hundo today. fortunate, really, though--it coulda been a whole lot worse.edit: two missed double draws in multiway pots, and it just got a fair bit worse, lol.edit again: decide to play 10 more min hu against a guy i have a decent but not great edge against. in this ten minutes, he makes a set vs my top two TWICE, AND gets dealt AA vs 99 on an all under board. F ME RIGHT IN THE ASS, PLEASE. kiss another 150 goodbye, blech.
I miss you