Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'd probably prefer shorthanded. fr would bore you to tears, lol.
FR is waaaay easier to multitable though. For whatever that's worth.
Checky might be right though, even if I multitable I might still get bored. And I like floops.
Checky might be right though, even if I multitable I might still get bored. And I like floops.
Well, I have the same problem. I do better on the boredom front with 2 6-max tables than with 4 FR tables. Looks like 6-max FTW!

Hands like these are why I stopped playing for a while..Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $0.50/$16 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K :D K :4h2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.Flop: 9 :5c K :D 9 :club: (7SB, 3 players)Hero bets, CO folds, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.Turn: A :ts (6.5BB, 2 players)Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.River: 9 :D (14.5BB, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.Results:winner has 10c-9cFinal pot: 16.5BB

my long challenge was to be rolled for the 60/120 or 75/150 game (whichever goes off) at the bellagio this summer. but i'm not gonna post daily results to that end.today's final tally: 1040 hands day 1: +$712total br: $1712
today was a pretty sick day. came out of the gate hot in the first 85 hands. went to the mall, came back and hit this super weird thing where i got crushed on 2 tables for about 90 BBs in 30 hands. i couldn't have lost more if i tried. i don't think i've had so many runner runners and gutterballs hit on me in such a short period in my life. of course i didn't tilt and won back 50BBs off the one who didn't quit me. he originally started with $30 so i lost $19 to rake when i busted him. lately i've been accused of cheating a LOT. i talked to support but accidentally erased the chat. :insert kind of funny chat where i pretend i don't know that i'm cheating:today's final tally: 550 handsday 1: +$712day 2: +$304total br: $2015

I'm running so bad I'm like in a state of shock right now. Amazing things are happening to make me lose almost every ****ing hand. I'm down 140 BBs in the last 250 hands. I'm not on tilt, I'm playing the best that I can play. I just dont know why this is happening.Here is the most recent hand I foolishly attempted to make a few dollars with...PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Preflop: Hero is SB with :4h, :D. 7 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) :ts, :club:, :D(2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.Turn: (4 BB) :5c(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.River: (10 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Final Pot: 10 BBHero has Ac Ks (one pair, aces). BB has 2c Js (two pair, jacks and twos). Outcome: BB wins 10 BB. [/poker dreams]

Yea the problem is though that there aren't or at least there never used to be much money in the FR games. Not to mention the boredom factor is through the roof.
I'm running so bad I'm like in a state of shock right now. Amazing things are happening to make me lose almost every ****ing hand. I'm down 140 BBs in the last 250 hands. I'm not on tilt, I'm playing the best that I can play. I just dont know why this is happening.Here is the most recent hand I foolishly attempted to make a few dollars with...PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)Preflop: Hero is SB with :4h, :D. 7 folds, Hero raises, BB calls.Flop: (4 SB) :ts, :club:, :D(2 players)Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls.Turn: (4 BB) :5c(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.River: (10 BB) :D(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.Final Pot: 10 BBHero has Ac Ks (one pair, aces). BB has 2c Js (two pair, jacks and twos). Outcome: BB wins 10 BB. [/poker dreams]
3bet the flop please..50/1 Full Ring games on stars have been rockish lately, and I'm having difficulty finding 4 tables worth playing. Avg VPIP is less than 20% overall, saw flop < 25%. Thus, I'm entertaining the though of getting into some 6-max. No clue where to start though, as SSHE has been my bible, and I'm under the impression that the shorthanded strategy therein is way less than optimal.Suggestions?
3bet the flop please..50/1 Full Ring games on stars have been rockish lately, and I'm having difficulty finding 4 tables worth playing. Avg VPIP is less than 20% overall, saw flop < 25%. Thus, I'm entertaining the though of getting into some 6-max. No clue where to start though, as SSHE has been my bible, and I'm under the impression that the shorthanded strategy therein is way less than optimal.Suggestions?
If he wants to think he has the best hand on the flop, or think he can muscle me out of the pot, I'll let him, and then I'll make him pay double on the turn, instead of maybe not getting anything else out of him on the turn if I 3bet the flop. Thats the reason for my line, he just lucked out and caught his 2nd pair, which will happen occasionally I guess. In a heads up pot I'm not extremely worried about a flush draw.I'll give you my thoughts on 6 max (whatever they're worth) later tonight, I gotta go to work right now.
I thought double betting would make my hand way too obvious, but getting a fold from aces makes me think I'm still playing my hands super transparent. Comments?http://www.pokerhand.org/?2402007
if you're playing aggressively and bluffing frequently, IPITS. believe it or not, c/ring the river works fairly often at higher levels. doing anything but doublebetting would look far more fishy to most higher level players, and against donkeys, you should just blunt force trauma a hand like that and bet bet bet bet bet.
I have noticed the same thing, so I dropped down to .25/.50 to win some pots. I ran well at first (up like 5.5 BB/100) then had a downswing but am still over 3.5 BB/100 for over 4k hands (I dont play much). If I didnt run into a ton of bad beats I would have been over 4 for sure.Its not the greatest option, but it works.

haha the internet just hit and ran me. played 10 hands vs some donk HU, lost all ten, 3 with tp, -30BB. internet goes out, i come back, he's gone. gg me, lol.

i've had better days. it could have been A LOT worse if the last guy i played was better. he took me for $260. he's TERRIBLE, but holds the deck when we play. :Di don't really have a stop loss, but 85BBs seems like enough for one day.today's final tally: 782 handsday 1: +$712day 2: +$304day 3: -$507total br: $1507back to it tomorrow.

i've had better days. it could have been A LOT worse if the last guy i played was better. he took me for $260. he's TERRIBLE, but holds the deck when we play. :Di don't really have a stop loss, but 85BBs seems like enough for one day.today's final tally: 782 handsday 1: +$712day 2: +$304day 3: -$507total br: $1507back to it tomorrow.
feel free to hit me up on IM for notes on various 3/6 and 5/10 players if you're lacking. i'd imagine i've played most of em.

lol, April kinda sucks. Remember in March when I was crushing 10/20, and losing/breaking even at 5/10? Exact opposite in April, lol.5/10, looks hot:apr182008fivetenlq1.jpg10/20, sigh:apr182008tentwentyup5.jpgCombined, meh, not bad:apr182008wd4.jpg=======================Fun hand from today; I guess I could have just called down as I clearly had the best hand, but whatever, it's far more satisfying for this to happen.Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $10/$202 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with :D :D SB calls, Hero raises, SB calls.Flop: :icon_clap::qh:club: (4SB, 2 players)Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB caps, Hero calls.Turn: :5c (6BB, 2 players)Hero bets, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds.Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: 10BB=======================And this hand, for a fun thought process:Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $10/$202 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with :D:4hHero raises, BB calls."48o, monster, pop it!"Flop: :D:3h:qh (4SB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero calls."Ok, he's a donkfish, he's got air here everytime, I'll pop the turn."Turn: :ts (3BB, 2 players)BB bets, Hero calls."Meh, that J kinda sucks, I'll just call."River: :D (5BB, 2 players)BB bets, "Ugh, fuck you!"Hero raises"Eat shit!"BB folds."Suck it!"Results:Final pot: 7BB

limit has been a lot of fun for me in april. i crushed a guy in a horse HU sng (dusted him before we moved beyond limit hold'em), won a 16$ Stud Hi SnG (got sooo lucky though), and I'm steadily winning @ .2 Stud Hi. I'm learning a lot and it's been real fun, but I've also had to play a ton of NLHE + PLO for $, but it'd be kinda cool to get good enough at the minbet games to be able to make real money there too. I'm a losing .5 player so far, so I'm trying to figure out whether I should keep playing .2 Stud until I crush it or just move up to .5, and bleed until I figure out how to beat it. It's low stakes and so there aren't any bankroll management issues on moving up or down, I just wanna figure out an efficient way to become good.edit: one thing I'm doing is trying to cap on 4th with a four flush unless I'm up against a visible pair and it's working because it is creating better odds for me on later streets and seems to make my hand look less obvious. is this a reasonable way to play? does capping on fourth with the four flush conceal my flush draw or does it make my hand look even more like what it is without a visible pair?

had a decent 40BB day in 500-ish hands. basically ran like ass and was stuck 30BB until i took about 100BB off a HUGE spewtard HU. he'd bet any hand all the way down, but would fold if he didn't have top no pair if i raised, so i just river raised him every time i had a pair and got him for about 600 before he left. outside of that guy, though, i didn't really have a great day. thank god for donkeys, lol.

limit has been a lot of fun for me in april. i crushed a guy in a horse HU sng (dusted him before we moved beyond limit hold'em), won a 16$ Stud Hi SnG (got sooo lucky though), and I'm steadily winning @ .2 Stud Hi. I'm learning a lot and it's been real fun, but I've also had to play a ton of NLHE + PLO for $, but it'd be kinda cool to get good enough at the minbet games to be able to make real money there too. I'm a losing .5 player so far, so I'm trying to figure out whether I should keep playing .2 Stud until I crush it or just move up to .5, and bleed until I figure out how to beat it. It's low stakes and so there aren't any bankroll management issues on moving up or down, I just wanna figure out an efficient way to become good.edit: one thing I'm doing is trying to cap on 4th with a four flush unless I'm up against a visible pair and it's working because it is creating better odds for me on later streets and seems to make my hand look less obvious. is this a reasonable way to play? does capping on fourth with the four flush conceal my flush draw or does it make my hand look even more like what it is without a visible pair?
This really depends on how observant your opponent is. At .1/.2 and .25/.5, they really aren't. I'll get at least one person at the table who always caps 4th with the flush draw, and I love it. I get to call down so much lighter.It's not a bad play by any means, but it tends to have the opposite effect on a competent player who can actually read you.

I just played 3 one hour sessions of .25/.50 Stud Hi and saved every hand I played. Would anyone be willing to look at them and give me their thoughts?http://setsandoverpairs.blogspot.com/2008/...s-for-hour.htmlhttp://setsandoverpairs.blogspot.com/2008/...r-of-hands.htmlhttp://setsandoverpairs.blogspot.com/2008/...hi-session.htmlThanksedit: I've made 56 big blinds @ .5 Stud Hi today over 4 hours single tabling. Obv. not close to what I make @ NLHE, but I've been enjoying this game more than any other and it's a lot more intellectually stimulating so far. It'd be pretty awesome if I can keep this going for the week and get enough hands in to improve and establish to myself I can win at a rate high enough moving up makes sense.edit2: Make that +32 BBs total/5 hours and I get to experiment with going to sleep on a losing session.

started off -50BB, then was +50BB, then -20BB, finally finished +15BB over 600 hands or so. probably will play a session later tonight, but i'm a bit exhausted after that swongy afternoon thing. phew.hahahahah just played some 2-7 to amuse myself, and managed to win 50BB in 120 hands at 3/6. 2-7 may be the funnest game ever to run like god in, lol.