• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest rumors say it definitely Long at 2 (been out for a little bit) and then Matt Ryan is going to the Falcons at 3. I love this due to the fact that it prevents the Jets from doing something stupid and drafting a 3rd qb to throw into the mix. Ty Atlanta.

If the Cowboys take ANY offensive players in the first round, I'm going to cry.
commence with the weeping
This will almost certainly be final mock until the draft next weekend.1. Miami Dolphins - Jake Long, OT, MichiganWhen talking about the team's starters, Tony Sparano was able to mention one for every position but right tackle, leaving Jake Long as a major possibility. Furthermore, the Dolphins have already entered contract negotiations with Long. Granted, they'll likely do the same with Chris Long and Vernon Gholston, but the fact that they picked Long first could show a higher interest in him.GOOD JOB2. St. Louis Rams - Glenn Dorsey, DT, Louisiana StateThis pick depends on what the Rams plan to do with Adam Carriker. Adam was injured last season and dropped to 270 pounds, way too small for a defensive tackle. If they decide to keep him at his current weight, they'll move him to DE and select Dorsey. If they want him to gain back the weight, then they do that and draft Chris Long. I think out of the two, Dorsey is the better player. Scouts believe that Dorsey is capable of 8-10 sacks per season as a 4-3 defensive tackle. To me, it's about 50/50 between the two.CLOSE3. Atlanta Falcons - Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern CalforniaThe Falcons will not select Matt Ryan. Many signs and articles point to them drafting one in the second round.OOPS4. Oakland Raiders - Chris Long, DE, VirginiaAl Davis might want McFadden a lot. But Davis might get a bit nostalgic and pick Howie's son with this pick. Chris Long is an intense, relentless player with great character. The defensive line for Oakland is very shaky and Long is capable of playing a variety of positions in the NFL. Long is definitely the pick here.GOOD ANALYSIS BUT INCORRECT5. Kansas City Chiefs - Branden Albert, OG, VirginiaThe Chiefs have several players in mind for this pick: Long, Dorsey, Ryan Clady, Ellis and Albert. Three of those five are gone so it's down to Albert and Clady for this pick. It is said that the Chiefs are just super-high on Albert. His versatility could allow him to play any position on the offensive line and with the Chiefs needing the help everywhere, Albert could be a big boost.IF DORSEY WAS GONE AND NO TRADE AVAILABLE I BELIEVE THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN RIGHT6. New York Jets - Darren McFadden, RB, ArkansasThe Jets need an offensive sparkplug on their team. They lack that one big time playmaker that can be threat to score anywhere on the field. The Jets have never been great with picking running backs (Blair Thomas, Roger Vick). But they will make the right pick this time. With the signing of Calvin Pace, Gholston is definitely second on their list.I AGREE IF HE WAS THERE7. New England Patriots - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio StateThe Patriots need help at cornerback and the linebacker positions. Gholston is athletic, workout warrior who could serve as an almost Shawne Merriman or DeMarcus Ware type of presence in New England. This pick could be very tradeable if Ellis is still available at this point. The Patriots don't want to pay a ridiculous sum of money for an unproven rookie.TOUGH TO PREDICT BUT IF THERE MAYBE8. Baltimore Ravens - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston CollegeThe no-brainer pick for the Ravens. McNair has retired and the Kyle Boller era is over with the firing of Brian Billick. Change is needed on this offense and Matt Ryan will bring it.NO DOUBT IF HE WAS THERE9. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers, OLB, Southern CaliforniaI can't name a single decent linebacker on the Bengals. Rivers is a great fit for a very weak linebacking core. The Bengals really need some help on their front seven and Rivers is best defensive player available at this pick.RIGHT ON AND AM AFRAID HE WILL BE A STUD FOR YEARSToo hard to predict from here, but damn you did an excellect job!My post ended up formatted weird but I hope everyone respects The Nuts' predictions.
One glaring thing, to me, is how off alot of the mock drafts were w/ the WR Thomas kid out of Michigan St. Alot of people had him as a top 15-18 pick, and he didn't go until 34. Oh, and Tampa Bay got the steal with Talib at 20. Book it.
Oh, and Tampa Bay got the steal with Talib at 20. Book it.
That kid from Nebraska owned him a bit. Scouts seem to be concerned that he takes too many chances on the ball.
That kid from Nebraska owned him a bit. Scouts seem to be concerned that he takes too many chances on the ball.
He got a bit of a head on him this last year and I think that one big play Jordy Nelson got on him and a couple that the Nebraska kid got on him showed him his shit just might actually stink. Also, KU was KILLING Nebraska in that game. I'm not giving him an excuse for taking some plays off, but that's why, I believe, that happened. I've met him a few times and all the talk of "character issues" is totally ridiculous. The guy was totally chill to me (some random guy) on numerous occasions. I think it shows how hard he works due to the fact that he was a 2 star athlete coming out of HS, and he's busted his ass to get to the level that he's at. My (obviously biased) opinion, obv.

As a Rams fan I'm very happy with Long, Avery seems a little stretchy but should be a role player, love Greco and Scheuning and think we found some potential hole fillers in Chamberlin Burton and Mr. Irrelevent I can't recall his name but he's a tackling monster that could play LB. I also love Justin King as a cover corner out of Penn State. He can't tackle a midget but in this defense he's allowed to be a strictly cover corner.

\ Oh, and Tampa Bay got the steal with Talib at 20. Book it.
It has been said a lot but the cover-2 really suits Talib perfectly. Good job by Gruden of taking the prospect who best fit his system.
As a Rams fan I'm very happy with Long, Avery seems a little stretchy but should be a role player, love Greco and Scheuning and think we found some potential hole fillers in Chamberlin Burton and Mr. Irrelevent I can't recall his name but he's a tackling monster that could play LB. I also love Justin King as a cover corner out of Penn State. He can't tackle a midget but in this defense he's allowed to be a strictly cover corner.
And I'm sure you'll love to hear that Kansas Jayhawk Brandon McAnderson (RB/FB) just signed a free-agent contract w/ the Rams today. :club:
And I'm sure you'll love to hear that Kansas Jayhawk Brandon McAnderson (RB/FB) just signed a free-agent contract w/ the Rams today. :club:
charity work...

As a diehard Redskin fan, I am excited that we got both Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. I know Kelly has the knee issues but if he stays healthy, he is a steal. We need defensive help bad but I guess we plan on outscoring everybody. Two young rookies on offense should be exciting.Well, having a brand new offense in Washington is exciting/scary enough.

As a diehard Redskin fan, I am excited that we got both Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly. I know Kelly has the knee issues but if he stays healthy, he is a steal. We need defensive help bad but I guess we plan on outscoring everybody. Two young rookies on offense should be exciting.Well, having a brand new offense in Washington is exciting/scary enough.
Sorry you lost your weight loss bet.
Sorry you lost your weight loss bet.
Que?I still have 10 months and about 75 lbs to go.
But it's 2008 now....Anyway, Snyder is like the owner who thinks he's playing fantasy football. Get the best O players, and ignore the D til last.
Then you must have a time machine.