Pretty card dead for the first hour - so played very few pots with nothing close to a showdown. Villain had gained his stack when he flopped a set and doubled thru someone else's TPTK - he seemed like a normal fairly solid player although the shove was sort of out of the blue.Call or Fold?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB (t23725)BB (t15950)UTG (t9050)UTG+1 (t20840)MP1 (t7000)MP2 (t6625)MP3 (t18373)Hero (t8900)Button (t28977)Preflop: Hero is CO with jd.gif, jh.gif. 5 folds, Hero raises to t900, Button raises to t28977, 2 folds, Hero?

In the Sunday Million, I'd consider laying JJ down here, though I wouldn't find a shove too offensive. If villain is indeed solid, he could well have AA-QQ and be hoping to bait a call here. If villain is solid, villain is probably aware this is a tournament of donks who will read such a push as a bluff and call off their stacks. It also depends on how you've played position and when you've had hands to play. If you've been rather aggressive during the times you have played, he may be trying to shove you off of what he thinks is a bluff.

Gross spot. I hate this decision with Jacks but I have to fold since it is the first instance of this player getting out of line. The blinds stack sizes are such that he should have AA or KK or he is an incredible donk. Obviously, shoving AA or KK is not the optimal value play here but this is the Sunday Million (donkfest). Calling off here is bad against a competent player. For now we'll give him credit of competence but he will be put on notice. If he gets out of line again we'll look to exploit it later.

QQ its a push, JJ its a fold.I was sooooo flop dead in this tourney it was gross. I had AK OOP 4 times and had to fold to aggressive play. Wound up down to 4k, then I won one pot with A9 that flopped TPTK and got a call on the flop that got me back to 8300, then back to flop dead and down to 5+k until another AK flopped Kxx and lost to a rivered flush.

This isn't that weird of a spot...when we think about it, you made it about 1,000...and he's basically raising you to 8,000...which is a big re-raise, but it's not like you guys have equal stacks. He obviously doesn't want to see a flop and was just too lazy to type in "8,000" so he just dragged the bar all the way to the right.But I don't think we should call here...we can find a better spot.

I think you gotta lay the Jacks down here.....you shouldn't like having to lay it down one bit, but seeing how random the shove is from villian there is no telling what it means its prob better to save your stack and build through all the donks than risk it here.

call it and either have TT crushed or be racing with AK/AQ.
I called basically because of the range I put villain on. Villain didn't seem like a donk outside of this shove, so why would he play AA/KK like this? I figured that a raise to 2,700 would be his play if he had a monster. I could easily be on a steal from the CO and would fold most hands so I just couldn't see him shoving in 100bbs with AA/KK.I put him on QQ-99 and AK/AQ so I went for the double up. He flipped over AKo and flopped an ace which sent me packing

One thing to consider is that the button is fairly confident in his hand given the shove with 2 pretty big stacks behind him.In my mind, he has AKo+ or QQ+ with AK being a MUCH bigger part of his range than QQ+

I called basically because of the range I put villain on. Villain didn't seem like a donk outside of this shove, so why would he play AA/KK like this? I figured that a raise to 2,700 would be his play if he had a monster. I could easily be on a steal from the CO and would fold most hands so I just couldn't see him shoving in 100bbs with AA/KK.I put him on QQ-99 and AK/AQ so I went for the double up. He flipped over AKo and flopped an ace which sent me packing
He wants to isolate against your shortish stack and is willing to risk a call from the blinds, I really dont think 99-JJ is in his range and AQ not very often (not that you care if its AQ or AK). I really think its too early to be calling off your stack with JJ.

This is a situation where different people are going to make different plays depending on their style of play... it seems like the people who call here will typically always call here, and the people who fold here will typically always fold here... I think it is a leak to call... mostly because I would call, and I have so many leaks I dont have time to fix them all with my job...