I just saw this article in the Baltimore Sun about drugs to help people pay attention better. In the article, Paul Phillips credits some of his poker success to using Adderall. Other applications would be school, medicine, music, and any occupation where it is not really good to be dumb.Have you used anything like this for poker? For anything else? Would you? Is it an unfair poker advantage? Discuss.Peace,Davehttp://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/i...0,2913701.story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall"Professional poker player Paul Phillips claimed that the use of Adderall and other medications prescribed to him for ADHD treatment made him a much better player and helped him earn more than $2.3 million in poker. The drugs improved his concentration during high-stakes tournaments, he said, allowing him to better track all the action at his table."

Adderall has quite possibly saved my life. It provides all the positive effects that coke did, like energy and concentration, but very few of the negative side effects. I suggest that no one use it to play poker. Please.

Checkmate824: u done?MrsSmokey1: nahCheckmate824: ?Checkmate824: sit out?MrsSmokey1: gotta smoke this bluntCheckmate824: play or im going to bedMrsSmokey1: ill be back in 5Checkmate824: wtfCheckmate824: u cant smoke and playCheckmate824: ur not a stonerMrsSmokey1: ill be ready to play in 3Checkmate824: nopeMrsSmokey1: i need to do it out the windowCheckmate824: im outCheckmate824: dont sit with me againMrsSmokey1: i wanna playCheckmate824: fcking annoying as hellFull Tilt Poker Game #5026751685: Table Aspect (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:10:02 ET - 2008/01/28Seat 1: MrsSmokey1 ($2,378.50)Seat 2: Checkmate824 ($2,499)Checkmate824 posts the small blind of $10MrsSmokey1 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Checkmate824 raises to $60MrsSmokey1 raises to $210Checkmate824 raises to $570MrsSmokey1 calls $360*** FLOP *** [Ks Kd Jh]MrsSmokey1 checksCheckmate824 has 15 seconds left to actCheckmate824 bets $700MrsSmokey1 raises to $1,808.50, and is all inCheckmate824 calls $1,108.50MrsSmokey1 shows [Th 6h]Checkmate824 shows [Kh 8d]*** TURN *** [Ks Kd Jh] [6d]*** RIVER *** [Ks Kd Jh 6d] [Jc]MrsSmokey1 shows two pair, Kings and JacksCheckmate824 shows a full house, Kings full of JacksCheckmate824 wins the pot ($4,756.50) with a full house, Kings full of JacksMrsSmokey1 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $4,757 | Rake $0.50Board: [Ks Kd Jh 6d Jc]Seat 1: MrsSmokey1 (big blind) showed [Th 6h] and lost with two pair, Kings and JacksSeat 2: Checkmate824 (small blind) showed [Kh 8d] and won ($4,756.50) with a full house, Kings full of JacksCheckmate824: ?why

Then........Full Tilt Poker Game #5026772102: Table Aspect (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:15:02 ET - 2008/01/28Seat 1: MrsSmokey1 ($2,809.50)Seat 2: Checkmate824 ($4,066.50)Checkmate824 posts the small blind of $10MrsSmokey1 posts the big blind of $20The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Checkmate824 raises to $60MrsSmokey1 raises to $210Checkmate824 calls $150*** FLOP *** [3h 8d 4d]MrsSmokey1 bets $345Checkmate824 raises to $950MrsSmokey1 has 15 seconds left to actMrsSmokey1 raises to $2,599.50, and is all inCheckmate824 calls $1,649.50MrsSmokey1 shows [Ac Qh]Checkmate824 shows [5d Ad]*** TURN *** [3h 8d 4d] [6c]*** RIVER *** [3h 8d 4d 6c] [As]MrsSmokey1 shows a pair of AcesCheckmate824 shows a pair of AcesMrsSmokey1 wins the pot ($5,618.50) with a pair of Aces*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $5,619 | Rake $0.50Board: [3h 8d 4d 6c As]Seat 1: MrsSmokey1 (big blind) showed [Ac Qh] and won ($5,618.50) with a pair of AcesSeat 2: Checkmate824 (small blind) showed [5d Ad] and lost with a pair of AcesCheckmate824: wtf?Checkmate824: win that pot and insta sit out?MrsSmokey1: im too high for this right nowCheckmate824: omfg dudeCheckmate824: do not hit and run me right nowCheckmate824: are u kidding meCheckmate824: smokey, never sit with me againMrsSmokey1: chillCheckmate824: what a piece of shtCheckmate824: guy wins that huge pot, insta sits outMrsSmokey1: im so high right nowMrsSmokey1: i thought i lost that handCheckmate824: ur a moronCheckmate824: ui fcking asMrsSmokey1: hahaMrsSmokey1: sorryMrsSmokey1: wnna play more?Checkmate824: no sht?Checkmate824: i want to 4 tableMrsSmokey1: ok okCheckmate824: ur the one sitting out not meMrsSmokey1: lemme have this pasta and spark another bluntMrsSmokey1: ok?MrsSmokey1: i need to roll itCheckmate824: w/e im going to bed thenMrsSmokey1: no i wanna playCheckmate824: u want to haev dinnerMrsSmokey1: plzCheckmate824: and get highCheckmate824: or playCheckmate824: wtfCheckmate824: ok fck offMrsSmokey1: chill

I have had ADD for a long time...I know when I start getting made because I can't stop moving my feet and legs, or I'm constantly tapping with my hands and no one else notices it but me... I actually play better when I'm tired...My doctor has never prescribed me adderal because i have high blood pressure already and they would make it worse... so instead i'm a twitchy freak with a short attention span, a bad temper and no patience... sweet huh?I used to smoke weed alot, it just made me lazy and I couldn't recall hands for shit!

I re-discovered a new drug this weekend - been off it for quite a while, but it was great to get back on it. The Drug? A proper sleep.I was diagnosed with sleep apnea (apnea means not breathing) last month. Finally got a CPAP machine which is a mask (that you wear) hooked to a machine that forces air into your airway to keep it open so that your lower jaw does not slide back when you fall asleep and close your airway, and you wake up because you stop breathing.When I was tested, it turned out I was stopping breathing over 30 times an hour on average - waking up due to no air every two minutes! No wonder I would be sleepy and cranky all day, and have trouble concentrating.Anyways, had the machine since Friday, cannot believe how alert I feel after a proper night sleep (have not had to have a nap during day all weekend), up today much earlier than normal even though planning to take as a vacation day due to brutal weather. Feel so much more alert.If any of you snore a lot, or are overweight, I would highly recommend getting tested for this. Sleep Apnea, left untreated, is said to be twice as dangerous as high blood pressure, or type II diabetes.There - did my public service announcement for the day.D

Finally got a CPAP machine which is a mask (that you wear) hooked to a machine that forces air into your airway to keep it open so that your lower jaw does not slide back when you fall asleep and close your airway, and you wake up because you stop breathing.
i hope you are already married.

did I mention I also have sleep apnea? yea, and high blood pressure... I'm a goner... I was going through the tests for it, my doctor is like, you def have it, but the sleep apnea dr was like fill out these 100000000 pages and a journal, and I was like i aint so gud at ritin... and I never went back... :club: My brother had the machine for a week and couldn't sleep with it on his face...

i hope you are already married.
Yeah, 16 years, kids, the whole ball of wax. We all had a major laugh the first night when I put on the mask. Could not decide if I looked more like Jar Jar Binks or one of the Alien vs Predator creatures.......Hint - have your bedroom fun BEFORE you put the mask on. Of course, maybe your gal likes doing it with Hannibal Lecter - you actually look like a cross between Hannibal and a Snufflelufagus..........
did I mention I also have sleep apnea? yea, and high blood pressure... I'm a goner... I was going through the tests for it, my doctor is like, you def have it, but the sleep apnea dr was like fill out these 100000000 pages and a journal, and I was like i aint so gud at ritin... and I never went back... :club: My brother had the machine for a week and couldn't sleep with it on his face...
I was lucky since I was able to do a newer take home test (as opposed to spending a night at a sleep clinic) where you attach an oxygen sensor to your finger, attach air tube to nose (like the folks who have oxygen tanks wear) and tape a vibration sensor to your throat (to count your number of snores per night). All these are hooked to a machine which registers things like your number of apneas, oxygen level, and number of snores. Anything more than 10 apneas per hour is severe - I was at 31. You should ask your doctor if they have accessability to that type of test as it is much cheaper than the stay overnight test.I balked at this for about a year - mine has probably gone on for over 10 years - but I tell ya, after 3 sleeps with this thing, I don't think I will be able to go back (unless of course lose weight and the problem goes away naturally).One added benefit of getting your sleep back on track is that it will also straighten out your metabolism and help you lose weight as well (the old thinking was that it was only excess weight that caused apneas). So even if you are not overweight, you can still have this problem. Apparently, there are a ton of undiagnosed folks out there. But if you snore heavily, chances are pretty good you have it.The folks you sleep with will be much happier at the peace and quiet as well - my family all sleep better now that my 5500 snores/night are not rocking the house.Good luck.

@ SCYUKONI know I snore like a bear and when I was home for Christmas, my sister apparently freaked out one night - she was watching TV in the next room and apparently I stopped breathing. While I'm not morbidly obese, I know I could definitely lose a few pounds...but given the stoppage of breathing, I certainly want to get it checked out. I know a few people who have apnea but don't have the machine yet.What's it like wearing the mask thing? how unfomfortable is it? how long did it take you to get used to? I guess my thing is I turn a lot when I sleep...not sure if that's because I stop breathing or just cause I move a lot. I wouldn't want to get tangled in the thing and choke to death either!thoughts?