Vaswani/ivey Golf Bet Dispute Settled?

We have not heard of any resolution to this matter but will be monitoring the situation closely. Please be sure to post anything you hear including names, amounts and dates in a Public Forum.Sincerely,The IRS

Ivey got what he deservedNothing...............Except a kick in the balls for being a cheating scumbag
Why is Ivey a cheat due to Vaswani taking a bet that he was clearly a dog taking? No one forced Vaswani to play Ivey for that kind of money but Ivey is a cheat because he found a sucker, LOL...
Ivey got what he deservedNothing...............Except a kick in the balls for being a cheating scumbag
Ivey's not a "cheating scumbag". Whether you like it or not, stuff like this happens alot in golf betting. Don't take a bet for that large of an amount without knowing what you're going up against. Would you make a wager in anything involving skill without finding out the skill level of your opponent first???
You do not have a clue.

You even hear these guys saying that 90% of the match takes place before they tee off the 1st hole. Yes it would be better if everyone is completely honest with how they are playing/ feeling but thats not how it works in high stakes golf. Is Ivey in the wrong bc he lied to a higher degree than everyone else? Where do we draw the line with how much is enough lying? If everyone is lying the same amount, wouldn't it just be easier for everyone to play by their real handicaps?I just think alot of people are naive about how these games work. Ivey got his sucker to take a sucker bet.

You even hear these guys saying that 90% of the match takes place before they tee off the 1st hole. Yes it would be better if everyone is completely honest with how they are playing/ feeling but thats not how it works in high stakes golf. Is Ivey in the wrong bc he lied to a higher degree than everyone else? Where do we draw the line with how much is enough lying? If everyone is lying the same amount, wouldn't it just be easier for everyone to play by their real handicaps?I just think alot of people are naive about how these games work. Ivey got his sucker to take a sucker bet.
In a way, cant you relate this to poker?Whoever is the better liar (at times when a lie is needed) is the winner. Without actually SHOWING your skills (akin to showing your cards) you need to get your opponent to believe what you WANT them to believe. After that, its up to the cards.

Playing in a home game tourney - 3 places pay. One guy has about 50% of the chip. I have about 2 BB. Other two are about even. I'm UTG. I say "So even chop 4 ways". The chip leader agrees as do the other two and we chop it. Does that make me a cheater or a scumbag? I offered a proposition that wasn't "fair". Everyone agree to it of their own free will and I profited.

Playing in a home game tourney - 3 places pay. One guy has about 50% of the chip. I have about 2 BB. Other two are about even. I'm UTG. I say "So even chop 4 ways". The chip leader agrees as do the other two and we chop it. Does that make me a cheater or a scumbag? I offered a proposition that wasn't "fair". Everyone agree to it of their own free will and I profited.
who were those guys and can I get in that game?
bingo

i posted about this over a year ago, i actually talked to Ram 3 hours after the golf match, you are only really hearing about one side of the issue, on a side note ram is not here in Melbourne this year.

i posted about this over a year ago, i actually talked to Ram 3 hours after the golf match, you are only really hearing about one side of the issue, on a side note ram is not here in Melbourne this year.
What is the other side?
At the start, Ram thought he was suckering Ivey, so wouldn't that make Ram a "cheating scumbag" too?The current issue of Card Player has a bunch of anecdotes about the late, great Chip Reese, including one from Annie Duke that had me ROFL. Apparently, back in the day, Chip and Howard Lederer made a weight loss bet that involved Chip losing a lot of weight. Since they didn't put any restrictions on the bet, Chip had gastric bypass surgery and won some easy money. I suppose you consider him a "cheating scumbag" also.
At the start, Ram thought he was suckering Ivey, so wouldn't that make Ram a "cheating scumbag" too?The current issue of Card Player has a bunch of anecdotes about the late, great Chip Reese, including one from Annie Duke that had me ROFL. Apparently, back in the day, Chip and Howard Lederer made a weight loss bet that involved Chip losing a lot of weight. Since they didn't put any restrictions on the bet, Chip had gastric bypass surgery and won some easy money. I suppose you consider him a "cheating scumbag" also.
Slight hijack for a moment as your story reminded me of something. Has anyone seen/heard how Matusow is doing on his weight loss bet w/ Ted Forrest?? If I remember right from the WSOP telecast, he has until the start of this year's WSOP to drop X lbs., but I remember thinking there'd be almost no way he'd do it, IMO.
you sure you don't have that backwards?also, gastric bypass surgery is kinda a big deal. it's not like having your tonsils out.
you sure you don't have that backwards?also, gastric bypass surgery is kinda a big deal. it's not like having your tonsils out.
i don't know if he has it backwards, but both chip reese and howard lederer had gastric bypass.as for the golf bet: at this point who gives a shit.