Lynch Him In A Back Alley?

True. It's out of nowhere, some sort of weird reference to how slaves were/are treated, worldwide. I say ,"WTF? What sort of person is this?" Some say,"Awwww, she didn't mean it. It was in poor taste. That's his buddy, his pal. Shes allowed a lynching reference here and there." Nigguh pleez.
have you heard the video clip?
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lynching is not murder in general. It is not assault in general. It is a specific racial term that this woman should be held accountable for," the reverend said. "What she said is racist. Whether she's a racist -- whether she runs around at night making racist statements -- is immaterial."
I agree this was very insensitive, given the last 200 years of history. But it's inaccurate to claim that the very term lynching requires a racial element.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching
Lynching, a felony in some states in the U.S.A., is defined by some codes of law as "Any act of violence inflicted by a mob upon the body of another person which results in the death of the person," with a 'mob' being defined as "the assemblage of two or more persons, without color or authority of law, for the premeditated purpose and with the premeditated intent of committing an act of violence upon the person of another."The term 'lynching' is believed to have originated during the American Revolution when Charles Lynch, a Virginia justice of the peace, ordered extralegal punishment for Tory acts. In the South, members of the abolitionist movement or other people opposing slavery were usually targets of lynch mob violence before the Civil War. After the war, lynching was a method of terrorism used to intimidate freed blacks who were voting and assuming political power. A study of vigilante justice during the period of 1868 to 1871 estimates that the Ku Klux Klan was involved in more than 400 lynchings. Blacks were lynched often because they were accused of crimes committed against whites, however, journalist Ida B. Wells showed in her investigations that many presumed crimes were exaggerated or didn't occur at all.
It reminds me a lot of Bush's post 9/11 press conference when he suggested that he would lead a "crusade" against terrorism. I point this out because it's a good comparison, but also because it will wind up Loismustdie.
have you heard the video clip?
Of course. Sounds like she is joking. That doesn't matter. I could say, "Put a gun to his head and rape his wife" withe a chuckle, and then apologize later. The meaning of this word has dark roots, some of you know this about me but one of my hobbies when I was a teen was the history of slavery, and the area surrounding it's demise. This word holds darker meaning than nappy headed ho ever could- I have zero respect for Jadakis intellect, but that should be fairly simple to see. It matters not that Tiger is cool with it, it's not about Tiger.
I agree this was a very insensitive, given the last 200 years of history. But it's inaccurate to claim that the very term lynching requires a racial element.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LynchingIt reminds me a lot of Bush's post 9/11 press conference when he suggested that he would lead a "crusade" against terrorism. I point this out because it's a good comparison, but also because it will wind up Loismustdie.
Naw, The Crusades ruled. I say kill unbelievers and enslave there young.
Naw, The Crusades ruled. I say kill unbelievers and enslave there young.
It's probably not the best way to inspire your Middle Eastern Allies to fight by your side.
Of course. Sounds like she is joking. That doesn't matter. I could say, "Put a gun to his head and rape his wife" withe a chuckle, and then apologize later. The meaning of this word has dark roots, some of you know this about me but one of my hobbies when I was a teen was the history of slavery, and the area surrounding it's demise. This word holds darker meaning than nappy headed ho ever could- I have zero respect for Jadakis intellect, but that should be fairly simple to see. It matters not that Tiger is cool with it, it's not about Tiger.
So fire someone and ruin their career for saying one word, whether it be unintenional or not? That's ridiculous. This PC bullshit has gotten totally out of hand.
So you studied slavery as a hobby? Yea I call shenanigans on that. Considering some of the arguments I've seen you post that a 3 year old could tear apart with simple logic you are in no place to question anyones intellect. "Oh look, I read a book about slavery and I think it's more offensive than you do so your stupidheads" is about what you are spewing here. Next you are going to tell us how your one black friend found it offensive right?The difference here is intent, something you clearly don't understand.Imus calling an entire team of young female student athletes nappy headed ho's was worse because he meant it to be disrespectful in the first place as part of his joke. It not only had racist overtones but sexual ones as well. The intent of her comment was to imply that Tiger is so far ahead of his competition there is nothing they can do to stop him, her choice of words was poor and no one is saying it wasn't. But before anyone even said word one to her about it she had apologized for it. Imus on the other hand basically had to get called out by everyone and their mother before anything happened and he was forced to apologize.
Tiger wouldn't apologize. You know exactly what I meant. "A term that didn't fly so well, and was in poor taste." Me farting is in poor taste, and then blaming it on you wouldn't fly so well. You are missing the point, as usual. This is 10 times worse than nappy headed ho.
man, u get funnier with each post.too bad it's not your intent.
Like I said, generally, Al Sharpton is the king of pointless, but this time, this stinks of horrendously just wrong and then a quick little sweep under the table. I think it sends the wrong message. It's a step backward.
You keep talking about it getting swept under the table...what country are you living in? This has been a big story since it was said.
Of course. Sounds like she is joking. That doesn't matter. I could say, "Put a gun to his head and rape his wife" withe a chuckle, and then apologize later. The meaning of this word has dark roots, some of you know this about me but one of my hobbies when I was a teen was the history of slavery, and the area surrounding it's demise. This word holds darker meaning than nappy headed ho ever could- I have zero respect for Jadakis intellect, but that should be fairly simple to see.
Like someone said, "lynch" isn't a word that only refers to African Americans. It's extremely obvious that when she said it she did not mean it to have racial connotations. You know why Al Sharpton is taking on this ridiculous cause? Because nobody else cares all that much...because it really wasn't a big deal. She made a mistake with a slip of the tongue...using a word that can be offensive even though she didn't mean it that way. She apologized immediately. Tiger accepted the apology. She was suspended for two weeks. What else do you want here? I hate the fact that we live in a country where this isn't the end of it.
It matters not that Tiger is cool with it, it's not about Tiger.
Well this is just stupid.

All in favor of taking Al Sharpton and Louismust die into a dark alley and lynching them please raise your hand!

What happened to people's sense of humour. It was a joke. Jokes are frequently offensive. Doesn't stop the fact that it is a joke and is not meant seriously. Mel Brook's "The Producer" is a great example. A comedy about hitler is offense. Its also fuckin funny. And these kind of comedies can help people laugh at something that has truly horrified them, which I think is a good thing. I didn't realize that being a fundamentalist christian meant you had to check your sense of humour at the door. Yet another reason not to be a christian.

What happened to people's sense of humour. It was a joke. Jokes are frequently offensive. Doesn't stop the fact that it is a joke and is not meant seriously. Mel Brook's "The Producer" is a great example. A comedy about hitler is offense. Its also fuckin funny. And these kind of comedies can help people laugh at something that has truly horrified them, which I think is a good thing. I didn't realize that being a fundamentalist christian meant you had to check your sense of humour at the door. Yet another reason not to be a christian.
Except it wasn't meant to be a borderline offensive joke. She just used the wrong word for the situation. Even though if you use the word strictly by it's definition, then it was a decent verb to throw in there.

In the event that I ever meet any of you(again).. and we're at the bar and someone says, "Hey, you faggot son of a bitch.." and it turns out we're friends..you have no reason to get mad. ..and my example is more severe than what actually occurred. If she said, "Get three of your biggest friends and take him out back and beat him with a stick," ol' Rev. Al doesn't give a shit. Feigning outrage is so passe.

In the event that I ever meet any of you(again).. and we're at the bar and someone says, "Hey, you faggot son of a bitch.." and it turns out we're friends..you have no reason to get mad. ..and my example is more severe than what actually occurred. If she said, "Get three of your biggest friends and take him out back and beat him with a stick," ol' Rev. Al doesn't give a shit. Feigning outrage is so passe.
To everybody that thinks that this is not a big deal, put it in these terms. You are in a business meeting, let's say you are a car salesman. A black guy, let's call him Michael, is just kicking everybodys ass for 2 years straight. Sales manager says, "My goodness, Michael, week in and week out you make these guys look bad. How are we going to stop you?" White guy pops up, and jokingly says, "Take him out in the back alley and lynch him." Slip of the tongue or not, that dude is fired. Today. Second scenario. "Mrs. Clinton, Obama is ahead in every poll and looks like he is going to get the Democratic nomination. What is your plan, what are you going to do to stop him?" Hilary, as a joke, says, "Take him out in the back alley and lynch him." Slip of the tongue or not, not good for Clinton campaign. When I say it's being swept under the rug, I mean that it is not nearly as big a deal as the Imus thing but it should be, even bigger. This IS, much, much worse.
Except she's not a comedian, and even then it's not a funny joke.
It's probably not the best way to inspire your Middle Eastern Allies to fight by your side.
Oh, so this lady can make a joke about lynching Tiger but I can't make a crusades joke? Love the double standard.
So fire someone and ruin their career for saying one word, whether it be unintenional or not? That's ridiculous. This PC bullshit has gotten totally out of hand.
No, just fire her. Imus is proof that it isn't a career ruiner. Sensitivity is something that companies actually have training for. It's a real issue. If I were to say this in a company setting, in front of the public, I would be fired immediately. Simple as that, and I would deserve it.
To everybody that thinks that this is not a big deal, put it in these terms. You are in a business meeting, let's say you are a car salesman. A black guy, let's call him Michael, is just kicking everybodys ass for 2 years straight. Sales manager says, "My goodness, Michael, week in and week out you make these guys look bad. How are we going to stop you?" White guy pops up, and jokingly says, "Take him out in the back alley and lynch him." Slip of the tongue or not, that dude is fired. Today. Second scenario. "Mrs. Clinton, Obama is ahead in every poll and looks like he is going to get the Democratic nomination. What is your plan, what are you going to do to stop him?" Hilary, as a joke, says, "Take him out in the back alley and lynch him." Slip of the tongue or not, not good for Clinton campaign. When I say it's being swept under the rug, I mean that it is not nearly as big a deal as the Imus thing but it should be, even bigger. This IS, much, much worse.
Convenient that you put your examples in adversarial relationships and not that of commentator/real life friend versus competitior. A better analogy would've been, if someone had asked Obama's campaign manager the best way to stop his run to the White House..and he(She?) had replied, "Oh, I dunno..take him out back and lynch him!" Or better yet, if James Carville made some crude remark about Hillary Clinton and she said she was fine with it. Or if the white car salesman and the black car salesman were good friends and their was no contempt. And no, neither one gets fired.
So you studied slavery as a hobby? Yea I call shenanigans on that. Considering some of the arguments I've seen you post that a 3 year old could tear apart with simple logic you are in no place to question anyones intellect. "Oh look, I read a book about slavery and I think it's more offensive than you do so your stupidheads" is about what you are spewing here. Next you are going to tell us how your one black friend found it offensive right?The difference here is intent, something you clearly don't understand.Imus calling an entire team of young female student athletes nappy headed ho's was worse because he meant it to be disrespectful in the first place as part of his joke. It not only had racist overtones but sexual ones as well. The intent of her comment was to imply that Tiger is so far ahead of his competition there is nothing they can do to stop him, her choice of words was poor and no one is saying it wasn't. But before anyone even said word one to her about it she had apologized for it. Imus on the other hand basically had to get called out by everyone and their mother before anything happened and he was forced to apologize.
Yeah, I gave some examples for you to back up my argument. Interesting enough, I don't have any black friends right now. I also never called you stupidhead, just pointed out your less than stellar intellect. Apparently you read stupidhead, which proves my point. (About you, anyway.)