Lynch Him In A Back Alley?

Here is the link for those of you who can read:http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/10/tilghman....ref=mpstoryview Now, generally I fight all that is Al Sharpton tooth and nail but in this case, he is right. This comment officially puts nappy headed hoes in it's place in the back of the bus, and it's largely been unreported. Why? Because it's a woman? I don't get it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is the link for those of you who can read:http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/10/tilghman....ref=mpstoryview Now, generally I fight all that is Al Sharpton tooth and nail but in this case, he is right. This comment officially puts nappy headed hoes in it's place in the back of the bus, and it's largely been unreported. Why? Because it's a woman? I don't get it.
Are you kidding me? It was over ESPN all day..
Good god you couldn't be more wrong.I'm not even gonna get into it. But this was such a non story.Even Tiger said that it's fine.
and i get flamed?!lol

Al gives good pun."It's not about Tiger Woods. It's about the station. It's about using public airwaves to offend people," Sharpton said. "Some things are beyond the pale of discussion."

Can someone find a link to the story about Sharpton calling for Whoopi Goldberg's firing when she made the comment that Vick's behavior is at least partly forgivable because he's a southern black, and that's just what they do?

Can someone find a link to the story about Sharpton calling for Whoopi Goldberg's firing when she made the comment that Vick's behavior is at least partly forgivable because he's a southern black, and that's just what they do?
I'm sure I'll stumble across it when I find the article about him apologizing to those Duke Lacrosse players.
It was the first thing I saw when I turned on ESPN today.She apologized personally before it became a story or anyone even complained, Tiger accepted it and said it's a non-issue.
Haven't watched ESPN in days. That being said, Tiger accepting an apology isn't the issue. This was said on public airwaves, and it's despicable. I suspect Tiger just doesn't feel like dealing with it- he is a pretty private guy. Who gives a shit if someone calls for your lynching when you are living on a yacht, right? Just because Tiger apologized doesn't make it all better. This is a sport that still condones all white clubs, no women allowed, etc. Maybe publicly talking of a lynching, joking or not, is crossing, I don't know, some kind of line? Like I said, generally, Al Sharpton is the king of pointless, but this time, this stinks of horrendously just wrong and then a quick little sweep under the table. I think it sends the wrong message. It's a step backward.

Stupid yes, but she didn't mean to be racist with the comment. She was freaking complimenting Tiger by saying that the only way to stop him is to lynch him. Bad choice of words on her part, if she had said take him in a back alley and beat him with a baton, it's a non-issue. But she said "lynch".... Oh my god, no she didn't!! Get over it. People are always so quick to yell "RACIST" in America that we are never going to live in a truly unprejudiced world until people stop seeing everything as black and white and realize there is a gray area.Edit: See I did it there myself. I forgot about Rodney King being beaten with a baton. That doesn't mean I'm racist.Edit: Make that 6 batons.

Haven't watched ESPN in days. That being said, Tiger accepting an apology isn't the issue. This was said on public airwaves, and it's despicable. I suspect Tiger just doesn't feel like dealing with it- he is a pretty private guy. Who gives a shit if someone calls for your lynching when you are living on a yacht, right? Just because Tiger apologized doesn't make it all better. This is a sport that still condones all white clubs, no women allowed, etc. Maybe publicly talking of a lynching, joking or not, is crossing, I don't know, some kind of line? Like I said, generally, Al Sharpton is the king of pointless, but this time, this stinks of horrendously just wrong and then a quick little sweep under the table. I think it sends the wrong message. It's a step backward.
Pretty much. Not a big deal, except that everyone has said this is a HUGE DEAL, oh, except now though, I get it, makes perfect sense.
Just because Tiger apologized doesn't make it all better. This is a sport that still condones all white clubs, no women allowed, etc. Maybe publicly talking of a lynching, joking or not, is crossing, I don't know, some kind of line?
Why would Tiger apologize?Do you ever make sense? We all know about the old white boys club in golf (it's the 5 wood for the record), but while trying to pay Tiger a compliment about how dominating he is she used a term that didn't fly so well and was in poor taste, but it is pretty obvious it wasn't what was intended. It's not like she called his daughter a nappy headed ho now did she?
Have you heard the video clip? You can tell she just said something without thinking about the deeper meaning of what she said, it was totally unintentional.She's very good friends with Woods, and one of the few people he will do interviews with.It's really not even close to to Imus, who has made a living pushing the envelope.
Why would Tiger apologize?Do you ever make sense? We all know about the old white boys club in golf (it's the 5 wood for the record), but while trying to pay Tiger a compliment about how dominating he is she used a term that didn't fly so well and was in poor taste, but it is pretty obvious it wasn't what was intended. It's not like she called his daughter a nappy headed ho now did she?
Tiger wouldn't apologize. You know exactly what I meant. "A term that didn't fly so well, and was in poor taste." Me farting is in poor taste, and then blaming it on you wouldn't fly so well. You are missing the point, as usual. This is 10 times worse than nappy headed ho.
Have you heard the video clip? You can tell she just said something without thinking about the deeper meaning of what she said, it was totally unintentional.She's very good friends with Woods, and one of the few people he will do interviews with.It's really not even close to to Imus, who has made a living pushing the envelope.
True. It's out of nowhere, some sort of weird reference to how slaves were/are treated, worldwide. I say ,"WTF? What sort of person is this?" Some say,"Awwww, she didn't mean it. It was in poor taste. That's his buddy, his pal. Shes allowed a lynching reference here and there." Nigguh pleez.