January Goals

I played three more times. I only post about my live results but onlines been break even lately. Anyway heres what I played..5/1 NLHE/PLO +1272-10 full kill spread limit hold'em +121$10 sng -10For the month I'm +583

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little late but..Simply turn $200 BR into $1000 with MTT's ($3R+, $5+), 9 man SnG's ($11+), $11 HUAt the moment ~ $850 so going well.Side targets Beat my previous best in a $3R (39th) - Not AchievedGet deep in an $11+ 3k starting chip MTT - 34th in the $11 20k guarantee Beat $20 9 man SnG's - so far 20+% ROI, not keeping exact record but good so far.Go deep in an $11R -Play in a Sunday Million - Probably do it this weekend.If I have the chance improve my limit games - moderate success @ LHE and FLO8b NO NLHE cash games until I get the BR to play 25c/50c, can't stand grinding out micro limits (30 Buy-Ins so $1500 BR)

I'm happy that I've played 10k hands so far this month which puts me on pace for the most I've ever played in a month.. however I'm running horribly.. still up over the stretch but not much. As bad as I'm running in cash games doesn't compare to tournaments.. bbfidts but AK<AQ on AKx flop with 10 left in 5r when i was 3rd in chips, AA<77 on A 10 7 x 7 board all in on turn on bubble, and AA <88 with 10 left when i was chip leader button vs. BB 2nd in chips AIPF. /end rant/no one cares anyway/someone give me a tissue.

God, lost a 800.00 pot tonight after such an ugly beat.managed to claw bac today and finished up, but finished this 1st week of january down -300.also, if anyone is interested, i watched Jaime Gold, Antonio Esfandiari and Johnny chan play 2k 4k tonight.aaand 1 more Questionfor NL holdem players.besides winning a big pot with a big hand, do you find your other income throughout a session comes from running bluffs, or picking off bluffs?

Even though I've been running a little bit better lately, I think my general frustration with the month plus the realization that I'm not going to get to go with my friends to the LAPC unless I get lucky doing something stupid and degenerate put me on tilt. Was actually 4-tabling playing 2 tables of 2/4 and 2 tables of 5/10 for a while tonight. Made a little bit of a comeback and escaped without going completely busto. My internet started acting a little sketchy too which helped push me over the edge and get me off my tables.degenagainvg0.jpgIt's super depressing trying to grind 0.5/1 and struggling to break even there considering how recently I was hammering the 1/2 games though. My long-term winrate is still about as high as is possibly sustainable according to 2+2 (6 PTBB/100), but I'm now in a 50,000 hand downswing in terms of BB. It takes a really strong person to deal with that kind of variance and I'm not sure that's me.I find there are two completely different types of tilt I deal with. One is the "immediate crushing loss" tilt where you just lost a larger amount than you feel mentally equipped to deal with and you can't quit until you get some of it back because you'll be too depressed. That's what I dealt with right after losing the prop bets and what caused me to jump to 5/10 when I was losing on my 2/4 tables tonight. But the other one is just as bad and is why I sat down at 2/4 in the first place tonight. I'd call it "make something happen" tilt. It happens whenever I'm in a really long downswing time-wise. It's where I start to doubt myself and feel like grinding is getting me nowhere and that I'm never going to make a significant number of buy-ins. I feel like the only way I'm going to make any money is just to jump stakes and get lucky and I get this really strong urge to play higher just to finally make some progress.Anyway, sorry if that was kind of long. Cliff notes: The variance in PLO is soul-crushing and will eventually make you do something stupid if you're a weak-minded individual like myself. Still not busto yet though.

God, lost a 800.00 pot tonight after such an ugly beat.managed to claw bac today and finished up, but finished this 1st week of january down -300.also, if anyone is interested, i watched Jaime Gold, Antonio Esfandiari and Johnny chan play 2k 4k tonight.aaand 1 more Questionfor NL holdem players.besides winning a big pot with a big hand, do you find your other income throughout a session comes from running bluffs, or picking off bluffs?
not really. Unless the table conditions are really good for bluffing, it's not really something I focus on. Only when someone else's hand is transparent and I can represent something and I know he's not a station etc. will I bluff. Well, at least on a good day.Then you have bluff happy me who just bluffs cuz it's funny. "Tee hee I tricked you!"
Only when someone else's hand is transparent and I can represent something and I know he's not a station etc. will I bluff. Well, at least on a good day."Tee hee I tricked you!"
KTo vs 56o FTW?Technically that was a value bet though, not a bluff.
1/ 20k hands minimum. Preferably 30k.2/ If I'm playing bad or tilting, leave the tables regardless of how good the games are.Nothing specific monetarywise, but I want to be:3/ Very comfortably rolled for $100pl by the middle of the month.4/ Well on the way to $200pl by the end of the month.It's ambitious, but I want to have a real drive for success.
1/ Somewhat likely. I'm at 7400 hands so far.2/ Check. Despite some horrible sessions I haven't felt like I've been tilting or playing bad. Occasional lapses in concentration and odd mistakes here and there, but no real tilt.3+4/ Not a ****ing chance. I lost 14.4 buyins last night, and overall for the month I'm down 19.5 buyins. I'll be lucky if I'm still at $50pl by the end of the month. I'm running 11 buyins below expectation on allins for the month.The one thing I'm proud of is that I dropped over 14 buyins in one session, ran worse than should be mathematically possible, and I still wasn't tilting. I was still making good laydowns.
1/ Somewhat likely. I'm at 7400 hands so far.2/ Check. Despite some horrible sessions I haven't felt like I've been tilting or playing bad. Occasional lapses in concentration and odd mistakes here and there, but no real tilt.3+4/ Not a ****ing chance. I lost 14.4 buyins last night, and overall for the month I'm down 19.5 buyins. I'll be lucky if I'm still at $50pl by the end of the month. I'm running 11 buyins below expectation on allins for the month.The one thing I'm proud of is that I dropped over 14 buyins in one session, ran worse than should be mathematically possible, and I still wasn't tilting. I was still making good laydowns.
every time i feel like sitting at a plo table i just open up this thread and read some posts by you and iggy. i flip out if if i'm ever down more than three buy ins at plo8. i don't know how you guys handle this stuff.
Jamie Gold was playing a limit game? He's got to be a huge fish in most FL games.In my NL sessions a lot of my pots come when I take people off of hands. If you have solid live reading abilities sensing weakness and knowing when you can force people out of a pot can make you a winner in a card dead session.
Jamie Gold was playing a limit game? He's got to be a huge fish in most FL games.In my NL sessions a lot of my pots come when I take people off of hands. If you have solid live reading abilities sensing weakness and knowing when you can force people out of a pot can make you a winner in a card dead session.
I may be wrong, but i think the concensus is that Jamie Gold's a pretty big fish in any game above 100/200
FYP I may be wrong, but i think the concensus is that Jamie Gold's a pretty big fish in any game.........FYP
i have a feeling that with all the high stakes games hes been playing jammie gold would kick quite a few of our asses.
That certainly is possible/probable but my point is he has TERRRRRIBLE game selection.
I don't really understand this, after taxes and the money he paid off in the settlement, Jamie Gold can only dust of 500k so many times.
I've thought about that too, because you sure as shit don't see him winning too often.
besides winning a big pot with a big hand, do you find your other income throughout a session comes from running bluffs, or picking off bluffs?
1/2 : Big hands2/5 + : Picking off bluffs
I don't really understand this, after taxes and the money he paid off in the settlement, Jamie Gold can only dust of 500k so many times.
I've thought about that too, because you sure as shit don't see him winning too often.
he has cash outside of poker.He is co-owner of Buzz Production, which is a reality TV production company/talent agency. I dont know how much money, but I think he'll still be fine even if he spewed all his ME winnings

i can't even play poker anymore now that i am back in usa. The trifecta of getting high, eating good food, and hanging with friends is the absolute nuts right now.

January Goals240 SNGs per weekObtain 12% ROI or higherPlay MTTs Friday to SundayWin a TournamentProfit Goal: $1000
Already reached my profit goal, currently at +$1117 this month. Easily my best ever and its barely 1/3 done :club: Obv running really well at 20% ROI and started crushing the 16s a few days into Jan. Will also reach GoldStar at the rate im going :D