January Goals

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just had my first winning session in like 15 days
Did you take 2 weeks off or something?edit: That's shitty Matt. I won't play even if I've only had a couple drinks.

Gotta look for the hand histories...i should have PT them allthe gist is that I went out with the fiancee and her freinds...had a 3 shot drink whiskey and coke and 3 beers prior to leaving for the barStarted ordering 2 double wells whiskey and cokes at once...( I think I ended up with 6 that I can remember). Some how got home and pourded another drink (strong by this point) and blacked out....came to to find I had lost half of my roll I had online (roughly 1k) before I realize I am sitting at 30/60 and not 3/6. Obviously switch to nl and have a beauty like this hand: Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($1096.50)Hero ($489)Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 :) , 2 :D . Button raises to $21, Hero calls $12.Flop: ($39) 3 :D , Q :D , T :club:(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $30, Hero calls $30.Turn: ($99) 9 :)(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $90, Hero raises to $441 (All-In), Button calls $351.River: ($0) 9 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $981Hero has 3c 2h (two pair, nines and threes). Button has Kh Kd (two pair, kings and nines). Outcome: Button wins $981. I can post more hands of the downfall that was my night though most are just spewin money at 30/60...I was runnin at 60/50 and 80/50 haha...So I bust my account (actually still have $.04 left) which fortunately for me I dont keep my whole roll online b/c this isnt the first time (not even the first time this month). I then try to redeposit more of the br which fortunately for me, I chose a number that froze my wellsfargo card so I couldnt continue to play. I tried to find my phone to call (woulda been an awesome drunken call i bet) only to realize I cant find my phone (left it at the bar). I go in..pass out...wake up...have drunken sex with the g/f and rehash with zach the trainwreck that was my lifeI need iggy to post something good so I dont feel like the degenerate of teh forums anymore

oh interesting! Is stud your main/only game? What stakes do you play?
yes i usally 2 table stud .04/.08 and 1 table .01/.02 NLHE.
I need iggy to post something good so I dont feel like the degenerate of teh forums anymore
Here's a hand I played pretty awful yesterday. Oh wait, does it still count if I won?PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($64.85)MP ($198)CO ($697.35)Button ($319.95)SB ($797.80)Hero ($796.35)Preflop: Hero is BB with 3 :) , T :club: , 6 :D , A :D . 4 folds, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $18, SB raises to $54, Hero calls $36.Flop: ($108) 8 :icon_dance: , 4 :) , 6 :D(2 players)SB bets $100, Hero raises to $405, SB raises to $743.8, Hero calls $337.35 (All-In).Turn: ($1592.70) 7 :)(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($1592.70) 9 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $1592.70Results in white below: SB has 4d 8s Qd 5s (straight, nine high). Hero has 3h Td 6s Ad (straight, ten high). Outcome: Hero wins $1592.70. Anyway, I was tilting and playing 43/28 for 6-max, but I still ended up about $20 for the session thanks to a couple big hands like this one and the fact that I was playing in the softest games ever.
I need iggy to post something good so I dont feel like the degenerate of teh forums anymore
Aaaand right on cue.....For some reason I decided I'd play a little 5/10 NLHE against a short-stack that was sitting last night. He had $300 so I bought in for $600. Then someone else sat in and their very first hand, we ended up all-in on the turn for my $600 with me being about a 2:1 favorite, but he rivered a straight. Then, a little later I lost with AK vs. KK on a 543 board in a 3-bet pot and ended up down $2500 in about 50 hands.Then, while I was still tilting, I did something smart in at least getting back to PLO where I know what I'm doing. I had a long 3/6 HU match with someone where I got up $3000 or so (and didn't quit for some idiotic reason), then got stuck $1200 and finally finished up about $1000 when the guy I was playing quit me. Then, since I was still down a little, I decided that this was the day I was finally going to win at Triple Draw. The 30/60 game was ridiculously soft as it was 3-handed most of the time against one tilted regular and another player that was just atrociously awful. He'd draw 4 regularly, would draw 3 after I stood pat, etc., etc., but somehow he managed to hit every draw in sight. I went from stuck $3600 there to almost even which would have been another perfect spot to quit. I was winning at 2/4 PLO at the same time, so I got to where I was only down $500 for the night at one point. Figured that I was so close I might as well keep going though, and ended up losing about $1500 back before the game broke.Then, there was no 2-7 going and the only PLO at high enough stakes that I could win quickly was some nitty 6-max games, so I decided to play LHE. Now, I used to be good at LHE, for quite a while I thought it was my best game, and I've probably played almost as many hands of it as I have of PLO. Every time I've tried to play in the last 8 months or so though, I've just got smoked so badly that it seemed like I couldn't even win by getting lucky. So I hopped into the 50/100 game and lost $2800 in about 15 minutes. Then, all I had left was what was on my 2/4 PLO table so I waited for the blinds to come around and then got in a 30/60 game with the $1400 I had left. I lasted just a little bit longer there, but I again couldn't hit a ****ing hand and now I'm bust again.So yeah, my Stars account's bust again. I know that I was playing too much and I really should have just given myself some time off, but I didn't. I played over 30,000 hands just of PLO this month and combined with playing fast and loose during my downswing and some of my recent flipping travails, I got to the point where I really didn't care about using good BR management at all. I can't really say I'm "busto" since I have a $5,000 check from Stars on the way to my house right now and I've got over $1,000 worth of FPPs, but I still didn't really want to lose $6,500 last night. Oh well, I guess now I'll have to take a little bit of a vacation from poker. Hopefully, by the time I go down to LA I'll be all refreshed and ready to beat some of those boring hold'em games.Edit: Just remembered, played some 30/60 TD before I started playing 5/10 NLHE. Lost about $900 there at the beginning of the night too.

i played 6 cash table sessions yesterday online and 1 mtt with 4200 people. i had a profit every session was a good day i played around 7 hours. my first all profir day in months.

Whatever, I'll be fine again in a few weeks. What happens is whenever I gamble outside my roll at all, even once, I start doing it progressively more and more until I go broke again. I was good for 2.5 months, then I had the drunken flipping night, and then ever since then I've kinda been teetering on the edge with it not really taking much to set me off.Luckily, going online busto is usually enough to straighten me out again, I don't have to be real-life busto or anything. So I'll get a week off from poker, I'll have a fun poker trip to LA, and then I'll come back and I'll be back grinding better than ever. Right now I've still got:1) About a 60% chance to come back from LA with at least $5,000 to start grinding with.2) A 25% chance of having at least 10K to start with if I win 2 HU PLO tourney matches3) At the very least, $1,000 worth of FPPs to fall back on if the LA trip's an absolute disaster.So my finances are still fine. This was a necessary step to get me back to using good BR management, and I've just got to avoid the pitfalls when I get back on the online horse in a couple weeks.

omfg so tilted right now. just got back from AC with a friend and ran absolutely terrible at 2 5 NL. Honestly, how do people play 10 handed live for a living. The preflop play is limp calling so every ****ing flop is 7 handed and its whoever is the luckbox of the day that wins the pot. I am glad this just happened to me actually as it will help me grind online for the rest of the month since I have hardly been playing. **** Ceaser's Palace.

Well thats it, Absolute has been fist ****ing me for 2 months now. I cashed out $500 leaving me with $150. Moving down to $5 and $6 SnG's, .25/.50 LHE , .50/1.00 or< Stud8 and .05/.10 PLO/PLO8. If I somehow donk that off I'll be in the local paper for strangling puppies. Any low limit grinders want some easy money I'm Draco Malfoy at AP. Apparently I have no ****ing clue how to play poker.Also played a live $20 24-man LOLdrunkament last night with friends. Finished 4th for $20. $0 profit. Weeeeeeee!!! :club:

Well thats it, Absolute has been fist ****ing me for 2 months now. I cashed out $500 leaving me with $150. Moving down to $5 and $6 SnG's, .25/.50 LHE , .50/1.00 or< Stud8 and .05/.10 PLO/PLO8. If I somehow donk that off I'll be in the local paper for strangling puppies. Any low limit grinders want some easy money I'm Draco Malfoy at AP. Apparently I have no ****ing clue how to play poker.Also played a live $20 24-man LOLdrunkament last night with friends. Finished 4th for $20. $0 profit. Weeeeeeee!!! :club:
LOLis that really your sn on AP?
LOLis that really your sn on AP?
Yes and before you ask, I'll be 36 in February. :club: I was reading one of the HP books when I created the account. I get berated in the chat every time I suckout or run over some moron." Malfoy you suck ya little punk , did you steal mommys credit card to deposit online?" I've timed out on hands ROFL from some of these clowns. :D
Yes and before you ask, I'll be 36 in February. :club: I was reading one of the HP books when I created the account. I get berated in the chat every time I suckout or run over some moron." Malfoy you suck ya little punk , did you steal mommys credit card to deposit online?" I've timed out on hands ROFL from some of these clowns. :D
hahahahaha