• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, pretty much the easiest Oscar ever.
You can't fool me... you just want to see this movie because Radiohead wrote the score.
You can't fool me... you just want to see this movie because Radiohead wrote the score.
Wasn't it just Johnny Greenwood? I might be wrong (little pun if you get it) but I overhead just Johnny doing the composing.
  • 2 weeks later...
I cant wait. Has anyone read the book?Im going to go get it, probably today. I want to know the whole story.
Did you read it and see the film? I'll be interested to hear your comparison.I just saw the movie... Wow. DDL should be in every movie, starring as every character, forever. Good movie, with excellent acting, about a man who will do anything to win and crush his enemies. I can see why this wont be on wide release though, most audiences probably wont appreciate it.

Totally amazing film. Daniel Day Lewis should 100% win for this movie, and if he doesn't it's one of the biggest snubs ever. Jonny Greenwood should 100% win for this movie, and if he doesn't it's one of the biggest snubs ever.

Totally amazing film. Daniel Day Lewis should 100% win for this movie, and if he doesn't it's one of the biggest snubs ever. Jonny Greenwood should 100% win for this movie, and if he doesn't it's one of the biggest snubs ever.
You lucky SOB. Its not playing here in Kansas City.

Fantastic movie, one of the best I've seen in years. I've been a big fan of Anderson for awhile, and I think Magnolia is another incredible movie. Daniel Day kills it in this, and the actor playing his son is also great.There have been some serious Oscar snubs in the past, but (having seen very few other new films this year) there's still no way he can lose here. I mean he gives one of the all-time great performances IMO.

I went to this movie knowing it was going to be good. I left feeling it was 10x better than I expected. DDL was ridiculously good in this movie. The Oscar aside, there is only one actor that I can think of that could even compete with this performance, and he's dead. As the movie stands, it is better than some other classics in it's genre (Scarface), and IMO on par with Taxi Driver.

I went to this movie knowing it was going to be good. I left feeling it was 10x better than I expected. DDL was ridiculously good in this movie. The Oscar aside, there is only one actor that I can think of that could even compete with this performance, and he's dead. As the movie stands, it is better than some other classics in it's genre (Scarface), and IMO on par with Taxi Driver.
Brando?
The Oscar aside, there is only one actor that I can think of that could even compete with this performance, and he's dead.
Dolph Lundgren isn't dead.
A kick-ass movie with Daniel Day-Lewis and an unbelievable score.I guess the Jeopardy answer is no longer "What is The Last of the Mohicans?
Actually there is no way that this couldn't still be the answer. That question will just have 2 correct answers now.