Wine Thread

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially it's Bachelor of Science :club:. But I got it studying Criminology, yes. But it's really not very glamorous, there's hardly any jobs in that field of work. So I'm planning to go to the police academy for two years after I get my Master's, just to make sure I can get a job. (I won't be a police officer, I'd be a manager of a team of detectives :ts )

Officially it's Bachelor of Science :club:. But I got it studying Criminology, yes. But it's really not very glamorous, there's hardly any jobs in that field of work. So I'm planning to go to the police academy for two years after I get my Master's, just to make sure I can get a job. (I won't be a police officer, I'd be a manager of a team of detectives :ts )
but you will have a police grade issue handcuffs and baton, right?
but you will have a police grade issue handcuffs and baton, right?
I'll get to carry a gun :club:
  • 2 weeks later...

went to a big napa tasting the other day, don't have time to go through them all but i'll post a coupleas i said before, try the pahlmeyer chardonnaypahlmeyer-chard-napa-l.gifwe were drinking the 2007 and it is full and richthe 2006 merlot is just plain velvety, sooo smoothpahlmeyerMerlot.jpgand the 2005 proprietary (bordeaux blend) is incredible approachable already, 96 points RP if you need to know that kinda stuffthe schramsberg vineyards blanc de noirs sparkling is great, didn't care as much for the blanc de blanc, thought is was missing a levelSchramsberg.JPGmore to come

• 11 months later...

It's almost 90 degrees here still so I decided to BBQ. Did some chicken skewers on the BBQ tonight along with some sausage and corn. Had some cole slaw and rustic bread on the side. I wanted a summery wine to go with it, went with this:102432d.jpgOn sale for 15 from 25. Really good Chardonnay.

It's almost 90 degrees here still so I decided to BBQ. Did some chicken skewers on the BBQ tonight along with some sausage and corn. Had some cole slaw and rustic bread on the side. I wanted a summery wine to go with it, went with this:102432d.jpgOn sale for 15 from 25. Really good Chardonnay.
I have recently started to like Chardonnay ... and La Crema is the reason why.
  • 2 weeks later...

Barefoot Moscato Spumante. killer bubbly dessert wine for the price, can get it at Total Wine for like 12 bucks. Haven't found a woman yet in our group of friends that doesn't enjoy the shit out of it. That being said, let it warm up a bit before you pour it down an ass crack.

I have recently started to like Chardonnay ... and La Crema is the reason why.
try merryvale, jaysin, berringer private reserve, or my fave ridge monte bello (this is a huge wine) all have great levels

had a couple nice wines last nightpatz and hall mount veeder chardonnay, very good depth with nice fruit and balanced oak undertonesDeLille Cellers Doyenne Syrah, very nice, velvety and rich a really excellent wine, hints of chocolate

Bland de Noirs literally translates to White of Blacks, and that is something I chose not to drink (not that there is anything wrong with that).
blanc de noirs are just sparkling pinots. they tend to be easier to drink and far less sweet than champagnes.
  • 3 weeks later...

Pahlmeyer Merlot 2007...fantastic, nice fruit with a good mineral balance and great finishMerryvale Profile 1999, silky and velvety, great value still