Official Firearms Thread

I have lived in the Detroit Area for 33 years. Not once have I ever needed a gun to protect myself. I can think of one specific time where a gun had a good chance of making the matter actually worse.But I would love a MP5 .22 to f around with fo sure.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Winnner is like playing with the cheat codes on.

Ouc, I cant see an image but I assume its just a stripped lower?       Buy a fire control group, which has the trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety, and the pins and springs. I like DPMS parts. S

I take it back. She's flippin' gorgeous!   http://i.imgur.com/f38kVtJ.jpg       Boooooo, I don't know the code to make that show up as a pic instead of a link.

Don't buy a .22 as ANYTHING more than a "fun gun", something to train with and mess around with. Trust me when I tell you that the knockoff MP5 chambered in .22 will be fun for screwing around (it looks cool and all), but it won't take long for you to realize that it's worthless for any situation you can think of other than paper targets.
Yeah, that's all I want it for at the moment. If I decide I'm comfortable with it in the future if and when I have a family, I'd consider a shotgun or handgun. But I don't know...I can't picture myself ever having a gun that's not in a safe, so the baseball bat might still be the first option in case of home invasion, depending on what's happening. Not that I plan on my home ever being invaded while I'm there, as the odds are astronomically against, but you never know. Everything I've read about the GSG-5 says it's extremely dependable, plus it's scary looking and a bullet's a bullet, even if some might cause more damage than others. You really think it's useless for any situation except paper targets?
Everything I've read about the GSG-5 says it's extremely dependable, plus it's scary looking and a bullet's a bullet, even if some might cause more damage than others. You really think it's useless for any situation except paper targets?
Ya, unless you hit someone exactly right (head/heart). A .22 bullet isn't going to stop anyone.If you start doing gun and ammo research you will see the term "knock down power" A .40 or .45 or large caliber, should knock down most people. A .22 is going to be like getting hit with a pellet gun.
Ya, unless you hit someone exactly right (head/heart). A .22 bullet isn't going to stop anyone.
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.But, you know, with guns.
If you start doing gun and ammo research you will see the term "knock down power" A .40 or .45 or large caliber, should knock down most people. A .22 is going to be like getting hit with a pellet gun.
I thought it was "stopping power".If a .22 would go into someone's head or heart, it's going to be severely painful when it goes into a limb, internal organ, etc. I guess, in the case of a true "kill or be killed" situation against someone that's going to keep shooting until his heart stops beating, my .22 will make it a little tougher for me to survive. I'll concede that point, and, at the moment, I'm willing to take that chance.
I have lived in the Detroit Area for 33 years. Not once have I ever needed a gun to protect myself. I can think of one specific time where a gun had a good chance of making the matter actually worse.But I would love a MP5 .22 to f around with fo sure.
I can't remember the last time I needed a spare tire. Perhaps twice in my life. I still want one in my car in case I need it.
I can't remember the last time I needed a spare tire. Perhaps twice in my life. I still want one in my car in case I need it.
I can't remember the last time I felt like an analogy added anything to a discussion.
So when you guys say "everyone," you're referring to the subset of "everyone who wants a gun," right?
I was going more for everyone most likely to be reading a thread about firearms, mostly.
Not everyone has your raw animalistic anger to fall back on Steve. A tag team of Capone and Escobar would take one look at you and head the other direction.
spare tires can't usually be turned on you, accidentally go off or provide an unhealthy fascination for small children who may decide to try and "play" with them.
I was going more for everyone most likely to be reading a thread about firearms, mostly.Not everyone has your raw animalistic anger to fall back on Steve. A tag team of Capone and Escobar would take one look at you and head the other direction.
Damn skippy! lol
spare tires can't usually be turned on you, accidentally go off or provide an unhealthy fascination for small children who may decide to try and "play" with them.
you're just doing it wrong.
spare tires can't usually be turned on you, accidentally go off or provide an unhealthy fascination for small children who may decide to try and "play" with them.Damn skippy! lol
No but they are used on cars that kill millions. And my kids learned how to properly and safely use guns at a very young age and also learned how to change a flat tire safely.
I have lived in the Detroit Area for 33 years...
The key here is Detroit AREA, which is not the same thing as "Detroit".You have an entirely different life experience traversing the mean streets of Farmington Hills than you do actually being in "Detroit".Believe me. If you actually lived in Detroit, you'd want a gun. Come to my neighborhood in Chicago for a day and I promise you will not leave the house, even if I gave you a 12 gauge to carry with you. Your life-experiences aren't not sufficient anecdote to determine why someone should or shouldn't own a gun. That's a personal decision. The fact that you actually tried to cite your "Detroit Area" life experiences as being relevant to this discussion tells me you probably can't fold straight or flush draws.
The key here is Detroit AREA, which is not the same thing as "Detroit".You have an entirely different life experience traversing the mean streets of Farmington Hills than you do actually being in "Detroit".Believe me. If you actually lived in Detroit, you'd want a gun. Come to my neighborhood in Chicago for a day and I promise you will not leave the house, even if I gave you a 12 gauge to carry with you. Your life-experiences aren't not sufficient anecdote to determine why someone should or shouldn't own a gun. That's a personal decision. The fact that you actually tried to cite your "Detroit Area" life experiences as being relevant to this discussion tells me you probably can't fold straight or flush draws.
LOL. Boy you missed it by a mile. Nice try though.I won't go into too much detail now but...I have lived in "Detroit" for over 5 years, woodward/cass area, you know where the people you hate live, yeah that Detroit. I have been robbed at gunpoint. I have had a rock thrown through my car window while driving on I-94 at night in "Detroit" and we pulled over because we had glass in our faces and 4 guys came down and robbed us. Found out at the trial they had guns.I have had my car broken into by a bum who used it as a shelter at night and stole things out of it and soiled it up.I could tell you a fun story about dragging one them dark people you hate down woodward ave in "Detroit" because he stole a friends purse minutes earlier.I would love to go on but I made my point. Take some time and come up with some awesome response to make you feel dominant again.I am sorry I no longer live in the heart of Detroit and I am now in a suburb not 10 minutes away, not Farminton Hills, which by the way is not that nice of an area, you should have said Bloomfield Hills, that is where the rich live.But other than that you are right, I now live in suburbia. You know because I don't have the desire to live in a shithole where I have to worry about having a gun with me at all times. I strive for a better life. Sorry you don't. Not my fault you made poor decisions in life and now are living in the mean streets. But hey, you wear it like it's something to be proud of so...good for you.As I posted elsewhere today, last Tuesday a man was shot dead in his driveway. In broad daylight. Where is his driveway? I can see it right now as I sit here and type up this response. I don't know if you are aware, but crime is all over, not just in the "city". Then I hear now as I type this that the burger place down the street had a armed robbery of two men this afternoon, took their money, their cars, their cells, and their burgers. Also 6 homes have been broken into this past week in my neighborhood. And I live with all the whiteys! WTF?None of my experiences ever made me feel the need to own a gun. And one of the few cool things about living here in the US is that I have the freedom NOT to own a gun just like you have the freedom TO own a gun. I never said no one should not own a gun, I said I don't want to own one. Spend less time trying to come up with a cool response to fit your online persona and try to read more.Anyway, look forward to see what insults you will come up with when I get to work tomorrow. I am french, maybe you can use that? Oh and I have red hair, that should give you a ton of material.Good night. Don't forget to lock your doors.
None of my experiences ever made me feel the need to own a gun. And one of the few cool things about living here in the US is that I have the freedom NOT to own a gun just like you have the freedom TO own a gun. I never said no one should not own a gun, I said I don't want to own one. Spend less time trying to come up with a cool response to fit your online persona and try to read more.
Very well put Steve, I wish there were more like you.
LOL. Boy you missed it by a mile. Nice try though.I won't go into too much detail now but...I have lived in "Detroit" for over 5 years, woodward/cass area, you know where the people you hate live, yeah that Detroit. I have been robbed at gunpoint. I have had a rock thrown through my car window while driving on I-94 at night in "Detroit" and we pulled over because we had glass in our faces and 4 guys came down and robbed us. Found out at the trial they had guns.I have had my car broken into by a bum who used it as a shelter at night and stole things out of it and soiled it up.I could tell you a fun story about dragging one them dark people you hate down woodward ave in "Detroit" because he stole a friends purse minutes earlier.I would love to go on but I made my point. Take some time and come up with some awesome response to make you feel dominant again.I am sorry I no longer live in the heart of Detroit and I am now in a suburb not 10 minutes away, not Farminton Hills, which by the way is not that nice of an area, you should have said Bloomfield Hills, that is where the rich live.But other than that you are right, I now live in suburbia. You know because I don't have the desire to live in a shithole where I have to worry about having a gun with me at all times. I strive for a better life. Sorry you don't. Not my fault you made poor decisions in life and now are living in the mean streets. But hey, you wear it like it's something to be proud of so...good for you.As I posted elsewhere today, last Tuesday a man was shot dead in his driveway. In broad daylight. Where is his driveway? I can see it right now as I sit here and type up this response. I don't know if you are aware, but crime is all over, not just in the "city". Then I hear now as I type this that the burger place down the street had a armed robbery of two men this afternoon, took their money, their cars, their cells, and their burgers. Also 6 homes have been broken into this past week in my neighborhood. And I live with all the whiteys! WTF?None of my experiences ever made me feel the need to own a gun. And one of the few cool things about living here in the US is that I have the freedom NOT to own a gun just like you have the freedom TO own a gun. I never said no one should not own a gun, I said I don't want to own one. Spend less time trying to come up with a cool response to fit your online persona and try to read more.Anyway, look forward to see what insults you will come up with when I get to work tomorrow. I am french, maybe you can use that? Oh and I have red hair, that should give you a ton of material.Good night. Don't forget to lock your doors.
The entire point here is that people live in areas where owning a firearm is called for. You don't? OK. I'd wager a substantial sum of money that a condo or house in my neighborhood rents/sells for significantly more than one in yours, so spare me the whole "you're stuck in a bad situation" bullshit. You're a classic monkey who moved from the city to suburbia to keep his ideals intact, then proclaims how he doesn't feel the need to own a gun, as if it's some moral badge that should apply to everyone. It's equally hilarious that someone who's basically had his ass kicked up around his ears by life is so delusionaly naive that he continues to maintain a posture contrary to his own (somewhat awful) life experience... I mean...
I have lived in the Detroit Area for 33 years. Not once have I ever needed a gun to protect myself.
I have been robbed at gunpoint. I have had a rock thrown through my car window while driving on I-94 at night in "Detroit" and we pulled over because we had glass in our faces and 4 guys came down and robbed us. Found out at the trial they had guns.I have had my car broken into by a bum who used it as a shelter at night and stole things out of it and soiled it up.I could tell you a fun story about dragging one them dark people you hate down woodward ave in "Detroit" because he stole a friends purse minutes earlier.
So the fact that you came out of these situations alive means, what? You're lucky? Or just have an enormous cock up your ass and are some sort of idealistic pacifist who has come out on the favorable side of situations with a negative life/death statistical expectation and thinks that's a shining example of why people shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves? Posts like yours make me hear carnival music in my ears... And LOL at Farmington Hills not being a decent area. Just massive, massive LOL at that... You don't even have a fucking clue about your own backyard.
The entire point here is that people live in areas where owning a firearm is called for. You don't? OK. I'd wager a substantial sum of money that a condo or house in my neighborhood rents/sells for significantly more than one in yours, so spare me the whole "you're stuck in a bad situation" bullshit.
And LOL at Farmington Hills not being a decent area. Just massive, massive LOL at that... You don't even have a fucking clue about your own backyard.
Wait...are you arguing that he lives in a decent suburb, you live in an area where the average whitey would be afraid to walk out the front door, yet the property value is higher in your neighborhood? I feel like this would break some kind of real estate law. Or maybe the laws of nature themselves.
So the fact that you came out of these situations alive means, what? You're lucky? Or just have an enormous cock up your ass and are some sort of idealistic pacifist who has come out on the favorable side of situations with a negative life/death statistical expectation and thinks that's a shining example of why people shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves?
The one interesting point I took from his story about getting robbed by the four dudes (that it turns out had guns) was that there's a good chance in that situations someone with a gun (and the will to use it when only his wallet is in jeapardy) very well could have gotten himself killed. That's a nightmare...pulling a weapon only to realize that you're down 4-1 and no amount of training can overcome those odds in close quarters.Of course, it's just one very specific situation so it has very little to no bearing on the overarching argument, but it's a mildly interesting case. Just as I'm always interested by stories about a guy with a gun who manages to stop a crime.
The entire point here is that people live in areas where owning a firearm is called for. You don't? OK. I'd wager a substantial sum of money that a condo or house in my neighborhood rents/sells for significantly more than one in yours, so spare me the whole "you're stuck in a bad situation" bullshit. You're a classic monkey who moved from the city to suburbia to keep his ideals intact, then proclaims how he doesn't feel the need to own a gun, as if it's some moral badge that should apply to everyone. It's equally hilarious that someone who's basically had his ass kicked up around his ears by life is so delusionaly naive that he continues to maintain a posture contrary to his own (somewhat awful) life experience... I mean...So the fact that you came out of these situations alive means, what? You're lucky? Or just have an enormous cock up your ass and are some sort of idealistic pacifist who has come out on the favorable side of situations with a negative life/death statistical expectation and thinks that's a shining example of why people shouldn't feel the need to defend themselves? Posts like yours make me hear carnival music in my ears... And LOL at Farmington Hills not being a decent area. Just massive, massive LOL at that... You don't even have a fucking clue about your own backyard.
You are such an angry person. How sad. I really love how you make these huge assumptions. I didn't think you would keep trying to pretend to know my life. I am a city boy who moved to the suburbs. Wrong. I was a suburb boy who grew up in Troy, a better city than your Farmington Hills in means of income and status. I then moved to Detroit when I went to school, in Detroit at Wayne State. Then I moved to Hamtramack with some friends, then back to Troy, then to Birmingham when I met my wife and now live in Royal Oak. So take another stab at it I guess. I will tell the story of the I94 incident later, it might be interesting.Edit: speedz is pretty much right. long story short, few guys came down to rob us, up on top of the hill, in the dark, there were 2 more guys with guns monitoring the situation. So if we pulled a gun, they were waiting ready to protect their boys.Again, why do you continue to argue that I don't feel people should defend themselves? Do you literally just makes this shit up for the fun of it? I have no issue with any person owning a gun for fun, hunting, safety, or all of the above. I respect it. It's your right. It's my right too. But I personally, YES PERSONALLY, have decided that prior to this point in my life and up to this minute, I have no need to get a gun for play, hunting, or safety. I am not at all telling anyone that they can't own a gun. My dad has guns, my father in law has guns, friends have guns, and I don't. They don't get their vagina all sandy over it so why are you?
If I decide I'm comfortable with it in the future if and when I have a family, I'd consider a shotgun or handgun.
Definitely wait until you have someone important in your life to shoot!