Official Firearms Thread

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Winnner is like playing with the cheat codes on.

Ouc, I cant see an image but I assume its just a stripped lower?       Buy a fire control group, which has the trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety, and the pins and springs. I like DPMS parts. S

I take it back. She's flippin' gorgeous!   http://i.imgur.com/f38kVtJ.jpg       Boooooo, I don't know the code to make that show up as a pic instead of a link.

yep, they're great, but only if you can, you know, FIND AMMO for them. you ever get yours that you ordered?
not yet. but the eta was something ridiculous like 6 weeks or more.
not yet. but the eta was something ridiculous like 6 weeks or more.
well, good luck. I checked my regular site last night and things might be starting to turn around as they were starting to get a little more stock of the really really expensive stuff and the ridiculously cheap stuff. might mean production has been ramped up to meet demand finally. it'll probably still be crazy expensive for the next few months though.
well, good luck. I checked my regular site last night and things might be starting to turn around as they were starting to get a little more stock of the really really expensive stuff and the ridiculously cheap stuff. might mean production has been ramped up to meet demand finally. it'll probably still be crazy expensive for the next few months though.
Ammo companies have been working 3 shifts to meet demand since January, those shipments are now starting to reach retailers.
Ammo companies have been working 3 shifts to meet demand since January, those shipments are now starting to reach retailers.
yay!seriously, I hadn't heard this and it makes me exceedingly happy. can somebody call springfield arms and get them to do the same? lazy fucks.

I have an old .22 sprigfild rifle from when I was a kid. It has a 5 shot clip much like this. I have had it in a buddies gun safe for years because I don't know how/where to get a replacement clip or possibly a banana clip instead. The springs on the clip are shot.Group_Marlin_22_Rifles_3_.JPGAny ideas?

Guap, get me a model# and I'll see what I can find. I think we have a gun show or two in the area in the next few months so I'll keep my eyes open. There's also a gunsmith not too far from my house that might be able to turn something up.

Guap, get me a model# and I'll see what I can find. I think we have a gun show or two in the area in the next few months so I'll keep my eyes open. There's also a gunsmith not too far from my house that might be able to turn something up.
OK I will have to talk to my buddy and see if he can look at it. I have not even looked at the gun in probably 3 or 4 years.
  • 1 month later...

I just got this in an e mail, I have no idea if it is true, but it's funny.

Barack Obama at a recent rural elementary school assembly in East Texas, asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence. Then he said into the microphone, 'Children, every time I clap my hands together, a child in America dies from gun violence.' Then, little Richard Earl, with a proud East Texas drawl, pierced the quiet and said: ''Well, dumbass, stop clapping!'
Also, if he clapped once every 10 seconds, that would put children deaths from gunfire in the U.S. at 140,000 per year. A quick google search said there was a total of 30,000 deaths by guns last year in the U.S. and over half were suicide.
I just got this in an e mail, I have no idea if it is true, but it's funny.Also, if he clapped once every 10 seconds, that would put children deaths from gunfire in the U.S. at 140,000 per year. A quick google search said there was a total of 30,000 deaths by guns last year in the U.S. and over half were suicide.
3,218 gun deaths in 2006 for youths under the age of 19, according to the Brady Center. 1,940 of those were homicides in the 15-19 age bracket, we can use common sense to determine that gang and drug violence drove those numbers up. That leaves 1278 total deaths for persons under 19 years old, and 763 of those were suicides. 515 deaths not "covered" by the filtering process above (obviously I know that a percentage of the 15-19 year olds killed by guns weren't on drugs or in gangs, but you don't jump from 175 homicides in the 10-14 bracket to 1,940 homicides without taking that into account in a big way). 4 times as many kids under 14 years old (approximately 2000) were killed in car accidents last year, and 250,000 were injured. We have a much bigger media problem in this country than we do a gun problem. Gun violence is a sexy story that always gets a read or a click, and that's why you hear so much about it, not because there's statistically any greater chance that your kid will get killed that way. Sensationalist journalism. Want to protect your kid? Teach him/her to swim, because it's statistically 10 times more likely that he or she will die of drowning.
  • 3 weeks later...

Went shooting this weekend with a guy from work. Shot his Ruger .357. Been a long time since I shot one, forgot about the recoil on those puppies. Really liked the Ruger though, felt good in the hand and shot well with it. I thought I'd shoot like crap given how long it's been since I last went but my first clip I landed 75% in the 10 or X ring and the other 25% were in the 9 ring.

Went shooting this weekend with a guy from work. Shot his Ruger .357. Been a long time since I shot one, forgot about the recoil on those puppies. Really liked the Ruger though, felt good in the hand and shot well with it. I thought I'd shoot like crap given how long it's been since I last went but my first clip I landed 75% in the 10 or X ring and the other 25% were in the 9 ring.
yeah, but where you holding two of them, each one parallel to the ground? I thought not, fag.
yeah, but where you holding two of them, each one parallel to the ground? I thought not, fag.
No. But I was wearing my grill.
  • 4 weeks later...
should've killed the fat fuck.
when his friend in the background was saying "It's over get off him" I thought: Nope. He pulled a gun, ain't over until he's dead or out.

I finally figured out how to shoot my gun with accuracy. I didn't know what I was doing wrong but every time I shot, I was was hitting about 5-8 inches left. I asked a few buddies that are cops and a friend of a friend that is a state champ with his pistol. I think I was holding the grip way too tight and when I squeezed the trigger it was turning the barrel just a little. I burned 100 rounds this weekend and now I am hitting 8s and 9s almost every time. I will be able to qualify in my concealed carry class. Just a little more practice and my groups will be even better.

I finally figured out how to shoot my gun with accuracy. I didn't know what I was doing wrong but every time I shot, I was was hitting about 5-8 inches left. I asked a few buddies that are cops and a friend of a friend that is a state champ with his pistol. I think I was holding the grip way too tight and when I squeezed the trigger it was turning the barrel just a little. I burned 100 rounds this weekend and now I am hitting 8s and 9s almost every time. I will be able to qualify in my concealed carry class. Just a little more practice and my groups will be even better.
cool.
I just bought some Hornady 115fr critical defense round. I shot abot 100 ronds throgh my gun and they shot very accurately. I'm going to go to the range one more time with these, but they may be my new defense round.
damn, that's some 'spensive plinking.
  • 2 weeks later...
$1200...I'm skeptical, but I didn't study all the info to find the loopholes. On a related note a local investment guy here is really appealing to the repubs in NE. If you go through him for investments he kicks some cash to you for a firearm purchase.
$1200...I'm skeptical, but I didn't study all the info to find the loopholes. On a related note a local investment guy here is really appealing to the repubs in NE. If you go through him for investments he kicks some cash to you for a firearm purchase.
lol,