Official Firearms Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Winnner is like playing with the cheat codes on.

Ouc, I cant see an image but I assume its just a stripped lower?       Buy a fire control group, which has the trigger, hammer, disconnector, safety, and the pins and springs. I like DPMS parts. S

I take it back. She's flippin' gorgeous!   http://i.imgur.com/f38kVtJ.jpg       Boooooo, I don't know the code to make that show up as a pic instead of a link.

• 3 months later...
Shotgun revolver makes Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum look wimpyDirty Harry might have thought that his .44 Magnum was "the most powerful handgun in the world", but I guess he never ran into a Chinese gangster with one of these. Home made handgun revolvers using standard 12 gauge shotgun shells are becoming increasingly popular with Taiwanese gang members, and this one was confiscated from a 19 year old gang gun runner.While it's not the first shotgun shell revolver, Taurus makes one called the Judge, this is the only one I've encountered that fires a regular 12 gauge round. That handle on the front isn't just for looks, as it's hard to imagine the kick this thing would deliver. Of course if you just want to intimidate people without firing anything, you could simply get this prop version.The going street price for one of these suckers in Taiwan is around $7000-9000, just in case you're tempted.shotgunrevolver2-thumb-600x481-33887.jpgshotgun-revolver-2.jpg

Well that's practical...I liked Kurt Russell's little bullpup from Dark Blue personally...unfortunately they're illegal just like every other cool shotgun in the world (Spas12, AA-12, Striker)...600px-DarkB_023.jpg

Shotgun revolver makes Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum look wimpyDirty Harry might have thought that his .44 Magnum was "the most powerful handgun in the world", but I guess he never ran into a Chinese gangster with one of these. Home made handgun revolvers using standard 12 gauge shotgun shells are becoming increasingly popular with Taiwanese gang members, and this one was confiscated from a 19 year old gang gun runner.While it's not the first shotgun shell revolver, Taurus makes one called the Judge, this is the only one I've encountered that fires a regular 12 gauge round. That handle on the front isn't just for looks, as it's hard to imagine the kick this thing would deliver. Of course if you just want to intimidate people without firing anything, you could simply get this prop version.The going street price for one of these suckers in Taiwan is around $7000-9000, just in case you're tempted.shotgunrevolver2-thumb-600x481-33887.jpgshotgun-revolver-2.jpg
Wow a new killing machine we really needed one of these.
  • 4 weeks later...

Dutch needs a rifle:Dutch is very bored this week, and is invented new chores instead of taking care of meaningful ones. For instance, for a variety of complex reasons, I plan to start deer hunting next season, but mostly I just like sweetass rifles I won't use. I know very very little. I'm thinking about some sort of Remington 700, but am willing to pay unnecessary money for an unnecessary gun just because I like the idea of it.Also, I literally have no clue at all about scopes. Anyone have advice?

Well if you wanna get ridiculous, let's get ridiculous.The Barrett .50 caliber. Used in confirmed sniper kills of about a mile.vfc_m82a1_430x230_1.jpgIf you want to go ridiculous but a bit more rarified there's the Cheytac M200, as made famous in the movie Shooter. Why would a gun made famous in a movie be rarified? Because it is a customed designed .408 round which costs approximately $7 a shot.3436.gifI'll try and think of more.

Why would a gun made famous in a movie be rarified? Because it is a customed designed .408 round which costs approximately $7 a shot.
I feel like that shouldn't be an issue. Using that fucker, you shouldn't need more than one bullet to bag a...well, a whatever the hell you want to kill. Unless we talkin' 'bout practice.
I feel like that shouldn't be an issue. Using that fucker, you shouldn't need more than one bullet to bag a...well, a whatever the hell you want to kill. Unless we talkin' 'bout practice.
Well you would have to at least zero the scope. Could spend $42 bucks just doing that.
Well you would have to at least zero the scope. Could spend $42 bucks just doing that.
You have to do that every time you take it out of the case?Still, $49 ain't so bad for all that venison.
I'm sure those are both illegal for hunting in GA. In fact, I think anything that holds more than like 6 rounds or something is illegal for hunting here.
So just put them in one at a time.
So just put them in one at a time.
Well if you're going that route, just try to buy a minigun and tell them you're only loading 6 at a time.But don't legit sniper rifles, as a general rule, chamber only one at a time?
Well if you're going that route, just try to buy a minigun and tell them you're only loading 6 at a time.But don't legit sniper rifles, as a general rule, chamber only one at a time?
Yes, as do pistols, assault rifles and shotguns. He's talking about a magazine fed rifle (which most of them are) and the magazine holding more than 6. More than one round in the chamber is how guns REALLY go boom. If you really wanted to hunt with a Barrett (in which case I'd have to assume you're hunting rabid moose or polar bears), I'm sure you can purchase magazines that hold 5 or less if that isn't the way they come from the factory (pretty sure they come with 5 round mags though).
  • 4 months later...

It's official: I'm arming myself. So the obvious question is...what do I get? I'm thinking in the $300-$400 range, and I've been going back and forth between a .22 and a 9mm. I've always wanted a semi-automatic handgun, but then my buddy who's got a handful of guns showed me the picture below, and all of a sudden it became an option. I'm not really looking for home-security...I'm more comfortable with my baseball bat for that. I'm not a hunter, so this would be purely for fun at the firing range. I thought a 9mm would be the best for that, but my friend was telling me that besides feeling slightly badass with the whole assault rifle feel of the .22 (like the picture below), it has a big magazine, is more accurate, and can would be decent for longer distances at the range. So now I don't know.So, I guess there are two questions. Which do I go with and then which would be the best within the categories to take a look at. Right now I'm still leaning towards the 9 mm...although the .22 would be better in case of a zombie apocalypse. Thoughts?GSG5Rgt.jpg

Honestly you should get both.I only have two guns right now, a .22 Springfield rifle and Smith & Wesson 9MM.Ultimately, I think you would have more fun with a rifle. What do the people you will go shooting with have? Because with my friends we all shoot each others guns, so it's cool when everyone has different guns, so you can shoot a lot of different types and caliber of guns.This is a really fun gun. Its a Sig Sauer Mosquito. It's a .22 pistol. Very light.SIG_MOS-22-RT.jpgAlso, not sure if this factors in, but .22 shells are a lot cheaper.

I'm not really looking for home-security...I'm more comfortable with my baseball bat for that. Thoughts?
Does "LOL" count as a thought?Get real. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to defend your home and you own a firearm, that baseball bat won't even be a consideration.If you're just looking for a range toy, then get whatever strikes your fancy. Those 'mean rifle' clones in .22 are pretty neat and it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to walk into a gun store and buy them as a newly produced product... 2 years, 4 years, 8 years, whenever.Nothing wrong with a 9MM, as long as you learn how to hit what you're shooting at. It's harder than it sounds. A 22 is pretty much a no-brainer and everyone should own a .22 handgun and a .22 rifle. Getting a 'mean-rifle' clone in .22 is flashy and fun and probably a good investment in years to come... I don't know how reliable they are, since those came after I was out of the game. If I had to pick a 22 rifle to get odd looks at the range or impress duck hunters, it would be one of those. If I had to pick a 22 rifle to be stranded on a deserted island with, it would be a 10/22 (you can get big mags for those too). Again, back during the ban years, those big 10.22 mags were ****ing pricey as hell.
Does "LOL" count as a thought?Get real. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to defend your home and you own a firearm, that baseball bat won't even be a consideration.
True. I guess the only consideration would be how long it takes to get a gun out of a safe. Baseball bat stays under the bed.
If you're just looking for a range toy, then get whatever strikes your fancy. Those 'mean rifle' clones in .22 are pretty neat and it's only a matter of time before you won't be able to walk into a gun store and buy them as a newly produced product... 2 years, 4 years, 8 years, whenever.Nothing wrong with a 9MM, as long as you learn how to hit what you're shooting at. It's harder than it sounds. A 22 is pretty much a no-brainer and everyone should own a .22 handgun and a .22 rifle. Getting a 'mean-rifle' clone in .22 is flashy and fun and probably a good investment in years to come... I don't know how reliable they are, since those came after I was out of the game. If I had to pick a 22 rifle to get odd looks at the range or impress duck hunters, it would be one of those. If I had to pick a 22 rifle to be stranded on a deserted island with, it would be a 10/22 (you can get big mags for those too). Again, back during the ban years, those big 10.22 mags were ****ing pricey as hell.
This is helpful, thanks.
It's official: I'm arming myself. So the obvious question is...what do I get? I'm thinking in the $300-$400 range, and I've been going back and forth between a .22 and a 9mm. I've always wanted a semi-automatic handgun, but then my buddy who's got a handful of guns showed me the picture below, and all of a sudden it became an option. I'm not really looking for home-security...I'm more comfortable with my baseball bat for that. I'm not a hunter, so this would be purely for fun at the firing range. I thought a 9mm would be the best for that, but my friend was telling me that besides feeling slightly badass with the whole assault rifle feel of the .22 (like the picture below), it has a big magazine, is more accurate, and can would be decent for longer distances at the range. So now I don't know.So, I guess there are two questions. Which do I go with and then which would be the best within the categories to take a look at. Right now I'm still leaning towards the 9 mm...although the .22 would be better in case of a zombie apocalypse. Thoughts?
A .22 just isn't much of a weapon. Yes, it is better than nothing and Scram is right everyone should have one, but even when it comes to the range "fun factor" it isn't all that. A good 9mm is a much better option for just about any scenario ranging from good defense to target practice fun. Although I'd suggest something like a S&W .357. Great weapon. You can load with .38 Special all the way up to full load 357. The .38 spl loads are easy to plink at the range, and a .357 sounds like a cannon and gets EVERYONE''S attention up and down the line. The belching flame is an added bonus.