• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I READ A THING IN THE PAPER AROD TALKS WITH THE ANGELS JUST WHAT SEATTLE NEED SHIT
You can read? You should learn how to write. Reading and writing go hand in hand.
You can read? You should learn how to write. Reading and writing go hand in hand.
U SHOULD LEARN TO SUCK A BETTER DICK **** WAD !!! AND STRONG CAN **** U RIGHT IN THE ASS
U SHOULD LEARN TO SUCK A BETTER DICK **** WAD !!! AND STRONG CAN **** U RIGHT IN THE ASS
Buster Olney reports for ESPN that Arod and Yankees have agreed in principle to 10 year $220 million contract.
That would be funny, and significantly less than the $30 million Boras wanted.It's also right about what market ACTUALLY dictates he should get.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Never ban this guy, he's hilarious.

I hope the Jays can offload Burnett...I would love to see them make a move for Bedard or Jason Bay who both have been rumoured to be on the move. I don't think they'd have a shot with Bedard seeing they are in the same division, but Jason bay, Vernon Wells and Alex Rios in the same outfield would be just dirty!! three canons

Why do people want the Jays to trade Burnett? Hes a very good pitcher with a reasonable contract. Bedard would be awesome to get. It seems that he is very underrated. He has probably as much trade value as Santana but I think if he gets traded it will be for alot less than Santana. Still dont see much of a chance of the Jays getting him. We dont have many prospects to trade and our rotation is pretty solid as is. Not sure if Bay would be worth adding.

no doubt. As a Yankee fan, I'd take Burnett. When healthy, and that's always the biggie, he's got electric stuff.Then again, I'm the guy that hoped to god that we wouldn't sign Pavano 3 years ago. Last year, then he's off the books.

Why do people want the Jays to trade Burnett? Hes a very good pitcher with a reasonable contract. Bedard would be awesome to get. It seems that he is very underrated. He has probably as much trade value as Santana but I think if he gets traded it will be for alot less than Santana. Still dont see much of a chance of the Jays getting him. We dont have many prospects to trade and our rotation is pretty solid as is. Not sure if Bay would be worth adding.
Maybe offload was too strong of a word...but I think with the emergence of Marcum and McGowan they really need to add a lefty to the rotation, I feel like having 4 power pitchers is a recipie for disaster. Teams will most likely be able to just prepare for three hard throwers, with Marcum being the more "finesse" pitcher they have. They need to rid themselves of Towers, and bring in a real crafty lefty and a solid bottom of the rotation 10 wins type of pitcher. Essentially they need a Jimmy Key to break up the heat and keep hitters off their heals. I may be mistaken but don't they have a blue chip lefty in the minors?I saw some talk about them signing Liebrathal to back up Zauny, I would really like that if they are not prepared to give Thigpen the super sub designation until he's ready to take over starting duties. As for Bay, I think for one he'd be an AWESOME marketing tool for them, Canadian, solid player, just had a bad year last year, and even his numbers aren't THAT bad, concidering he had NO ONE to protect him in Pittsburgh. Plop him in the line up with Wells, Thomas, Glaus, Overbay protecting him, and he'll put up a .300/25/100 season again. I only say this cause I fear that Reed Johnsons back is going to be a career ruining type habitual problem, and unless they have magically turned aroudn John Ford Griffen they are a few years away from their recent draft picks being ready.I still this Short Stop is a big hole for them too! I love John Mac, but they obviously need the extra pop in their line up for when their offense craps out for long stretches of time. oh how i wish we didn't trade Mike Young.
power pitchers rule in the postseason. Stockpile them
Can i bring up Jimmy Key again? he was never a power pitcher, and he was one of the most consistant post season performers. I think two power pitchers and one hi brid (marcum) is solid. Not to mention bring able to trot out Brandon League, BJ Ryan in the late innings.

Hey, being a lefty and a Yankees fan, nobody is a bigger Jimmy Key fan than me, and he was a PTP'er, but he's certainly the exception to the rule. I mean, soft tossing control pitches have had plenty of success, but as a rule, power pitching is king in the post season.I don't have the stats and I'm not invested enough to do the research, but take a peek at the post season stats of say, Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine vs John Smoltz and (random other power pitcher) I'd say the numbers skew towards the hard throwers. Then again, I could be wrong.

I'd say the numbers skew towards the hard throwers. Then again, I could be wrong.
By Baseball Prospectus' reckoning, there are certain team characteristics that have a predictive relationship with postseason success. For pitching, the characteristics with the most impact are Strikeouts/9 and Closer Effectiveness. The hard throwers tend to rack up more strikeouts and closers tend to be hard throwers, so this supports your observation.

Yeah the guys at BP write about it in Baseball Between the Numbers I believe. I have the book beside me but cant find it in there right now. I think the Jays should just try to get the best 5 guys period. I dont really care whether or not they have a lefty or not in their rotation. They may benefit slightly towards softtossers only for the fact that they would be more likely to put the ball in play and that would help the Jays because of their good team defence.

There was a trade that went down yesterday.Angels get:RHP Jon GarlandWhite Sox get:SS Orlando Cabrera I like the addition of Garland to the Angels rotation. It looks like they're going to have a nice pitching staff next year.

There was a trade that went down yesterday.Angels get:RHP Jon GarlandWhite Sox get:SS Orlando Cabrera I like the addition of Garland to the Angels rotation. It looks like they're going to have a nice pitching staff next year.
I don't get this trade at all. Garland is a total middle of the road starter, and Cabrera had overall a very solid year at the plate. I guess maybe they're trying to sell high on Cabrera... but Garland is average. I think this was a bad trade for the Angels, which is fine with me as a Mariners fan.