Perhaps the Padres GM Towers should take his head out of his a$$ and realize that he's not going to get six or more players for Peavy. They have pretty much stated that they have to unload the contract......but he's not budging even though there's not much of a market for Peavy at the moment..he's basically been talking with one team at a time and is asking for six good or better prospects...outrageous.
Agreed. At the risk of being biased, I don't see any package being talked about better than the one Atlanta put together built around Yunel Escobar. Even if they decide it's ok to keep Peavy's contract on the books for now, then next year his salary jumps and any potential trade nets them even less due to the increased money and added year of wear on his arm. This is the best time to trade Peavy, and Towers is too intent on pulling off the big coup to make the best deal possible.
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. At the risk of being biased, I don't see any package being talked about better than the one Atlanta put together built around Yunel Escobar. Even if they decide it's ok to keep Peavy's contract on the books for now, then next year his salary jumps and any potential trade nets them even less due to the increased money and added year of wear on his arm. This is the best time to trade Peavy, and Towers is too intent on pulling off the big coup to make the best deal possible.
Whether the Braves or Cubs package was better, I don't really know, but one of them HAD to have been good enough for the Padres to accept. I don't know what he's waiting for....you don't pretty much directly say "we have to trade Jake Peavy" and then start out negotiations with ridiculous expectations on a return and then refuse to budge. Just stupid. I hope the Padres keep him, Peavy has a 4.40 ERA next year and then they have to trade him for two decent prospects and nothing more. Then Towers will be crying on the unemployment line for being a complete idiot.
Whether the Braves or Cubs package was better, I don't really know, but one of them HAD to have been good enough for the Padres to accept. I don't know what he's waiting for....you don't pretty much directly say "we have to trade Jake Peavy" and then start out negotiations with ridiculous expectations on a return and then refuse to budge. Just stupid. I hope the Padres keep him, Peavy has a 4.40 ERA next year and then they have to trade him for two decent prospects and nothing more. Then Towers will be crying on the unemployment line for being a complete idiot.
It looks more and more that he's just humoring the Padres' owner Moores. Towers knows baseball wise trading Peavy is not the best option, if he can hold out until Moores sells the team, he won't have to do it.The only way Peavy is going to have a 4.40 era next year is if he's hurt. You know how good he his right?
It looks more and more that he's just humoring the Padres' owner Moores. Towers knows baseball wise trading Peavy is not the best option, if he can hold out until Moores sells the team, he won't have to do it.The only way Peavy is going to have a 4.40 era next year is if he's hurt. You know how good he his right?
I know how good he is. I'm not saying he will have that bad of a year, I just think it would be funny to see the Pads pass up such offers and have to settle for much less when they try to trade him later.
I know how good he is. I'm not saying he will have that bad of a year, I just think it would be funny to see the Pads pass up such offers and have to settle for much less when they try to trade him later.
I feel exactly the same as this wise fellow.

As a huge Blue Jays fan that watched Burnett last year, the Yankees will be hugely disappointed with this guy..He had a career year in wins, but if you look at the core numbers, he was average at best..His ERA sucked, and he got tons of run support...Spending all that money on Burnett and a 300 lb pitcher is going to back fire..But whats the difference, its only money.