Daniel Is Done.....

Grinding it out should be seen as a stepping stone to true freedom. You work hard when you are young so that when you are older... you don't have to.
This is exactley what it is all about !and a great peice for a sig no ?
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take that action with a tee spot. Stroke a hole and a tee spot sounds fair to me. Remember, I hit the ball like a Vegan so I can't play the back tees :-)
I'm glad you took it and not me. I've only played golf once in my life.
They would crush me eh? Do you know me? Do you know whao I am? Do you know any of my acccomplishments. I didn't think so. I make a very nice consistant comfortable living. That is all I am concerned about. Play low limits with trolls just doesn't do it for me .Have a nice day.....
yet the whole point of your thread is accusing of DN doing the same.
I'm glad you took it and not me. I've only played golf once in my life.
In the event that Oziumrules is busy, or you don't want to play golf for rollz..........I'll play you at miniature golf. Just tell me the stakes that you feel comfortable with, and what putt putt course. I'm assuming that you want to play at Paco Bell. By the way, this isn't about ego. I'm just curious to see how I would match up against someone who publicly calls Oziumrules out. I'm sure that you're a great player and all. So allow me the honor of learning a thing or two.
You actually don't fully understand the goal of playing poker for a living if you think that is true. When I was young I grinded day in and day out with one goal in mind... one day I hope that I can make enough money where I don't "have to" play poker unless I want to. Heard of Chip Reese, Doyle Brunson, Phil Ivey, etc.? They paid their dues and don't have to do anything they don't want to do anymore. Instead, they can golf, go on vacation, play live once in a while, and maybe play in 10k buy in here and there. If I were to have to "grind it out" again I'd be miserable. I paid my dues and am happy with my schedule now. I hardly play poker unless I'm motivated to play my best. The last five tournaments I played my butt off and played great. Made some amazing plays and was reading people very well. Way, way, way, way, better than I did in 2004. Not even close. Only person that could know that is...er... well, me. Not you. I needed a break... and took one! Yeah baby, cause I am my own boss thanks to years of grinding at the poker table. I put in some serious travel hours overseas and now it's time to relax until December's 5 Diamond and then it gets busy again in January as always. As for playing in $1000 and $2000 preliminary events, it has NOTHING to do with me thinking "I'm too good" for those events, but everything to do with me having things I'd rather do besides play in those. You know how many events outside of the WSOP I cashed in 2004 that had a buyin of less than 10k? If you guessed none, you'd be right. Why? Because I didn't play them and and not about to start now. Grinding it out should be seen as a stepping stone to true freedom. You work hard when you are young so that when you are older... you don't have to.
Great post, DN.
In the event that Oziumrules is busy, or you don't want to play golf for rollz..........I'll play you at miniature golf. Just tell me the stakes that you feel comfortable with, and what putt putt course. I'm assuming that you want to play at Paco Bell. By the way, this isn't about ego. I'm just curious to see how I would match up against someone who publicly calls Oziumrules out. I'm sure that you're a great player and all. So allow me the honor of learning a thing or two.
Looking forward to hear your discussion of the details of this match during your 1 hour phone call. :club:
You actually don't fully understand the goal of playing poker for a living if you think that is true. When I was young I grinded day in and day out with one goal in mind... one day I hope that I can make enough money where I don't "have to" play poker unless I want to. Heard of Chip Reese, Doyle Brunson, Phil Ivey, etc.? They paid their dues and don't have to do anything they don't want to do anymore. Instead, they can golf, go on vacation, play live once in a while, and maybe play in 10k buy in here and there. If I were to have to "grind it out" again I'd be miserable. I paid my dues and am happy with my schedule now. I hardly play poker unless I'm motivated to play my best. The last five tournaments I played my butt off and played great. Made some amazing plays and was reading people very well. Way, way, way, way, better than I did in 2004. Not even close. Only person that could know that is...er... well, me. Not you. I needed a break... and took one! Yeah baby, cause I am my own boss thanks to years of grinding at the poker table. I put in some serious travel hours overseas and now it's time to relax until December's 5 Diamond and then it gets busy again in January as always. As for playing in $1000 and $2000 preliminary events, it has NOTHING to do with me thinking "I'm too good" for those events, but everything to do with me having things I'd rather do besides play in those. You know how many events outside of the WSOP I cashed in 2004 that had a buyin of less than 10k? If you guessed none, you'd be right. Why? Because I didn't play them and and not about to start now. Grinding it out should be seen as a stepping stone to true freedom. You work hard when you are young so that when you are older... you don't have to.
I guess I do not see playing often as "grinding it out".I enjoy it way too much.At some point I may get tired of it all myself and take some time off, but I really can not imagine that happening. The competition is great and the everyday challenge is something I look forward to. I guess I just can not relate to the "part time" mentality at this point, and I am older than you, so I am not a newbie with energy to spare. I have no desire to ever be a Doyle, Phil, or Chip. Who needs that headache of being bothered all the time? I want a nice quiet career that lets me do my thing how I want. No schedules, No deadlines, No fans to deal with.I guess I just like to see the best in the game play as much as I do. I love the test and competition much more sitting across from one of the best ever than 200 21 year olds that can barely stack their chips correctly. Of course, I am talking tournaments. I will never sit with the best in Cash games, because I am not a gambler and never see myself puttng that much of my roll on the line. I earn in the cash games so I can live comfortably and try to make a score in the tournaments.Enough ramblings, good luck to you Daniel. I do hope to see you on top once again for P.O.Y.

You should change your name to "The Unknown Comic of Vegas Poker".Being a "king", especially self-proclaimed doesn't fit with someone who wants to keep a klow profile and who doesn't "gamble" in cash games. I'm sure there's much less gambling in tourneys...

I do not play heads up, and I really do not need a bullseye on my back at the Bellagio. I am sure if you play 20-40 or 40-80 stud at the Bellagio I have been in your game. Also 40-80 to 200-400 mixed games. I know it seems like I am calling him out, but it is more of an obervation that many others in the bigger games and tournament circuit have that he has lost his "poker" focus and is not at the top of his game any longer. I am a very good player, not yet a "great" player. I hold my own and do comfortably well. Good luck to you.
What you're really saying is you have a big mouth on-line, but like so many Internet Trolls want to wallow in the electronic Anonymity - if you ever actually get called out you can't back it up.You clearly DID call him out, and now are making excuses to avoid playing him.You're just another Internet coward with electronic balls.
What you're really saying is you have a big mouth on-line, but like so many Internet Trolls want to wallow in the electronic Anonymity - if you ever actually get called out you can't back it up.You clearly DID call him out, and now are making excuses to avoid playing him.You're just another Internet coward with electronic balls.
Summed up perfectly in your usual abrasive way! I think that's what DN and Steve said in a more politically correct way............hurrah for the less than politically correct among us!!! Kudos to PORAC
Summed up perfectly in your usual abrasive way! I think that's what DN and Steve said in a more politically correct way............hurrah for the less than politically correct among us!!! Kudos to PORAC
Abrasive?Who.... me?...ummm...ok... guilty.
Abrasive?Who.... me?...ummm...ok... guilty.
I don't see why you had to be mean to the guy? I mean, all he did was come onto a forum started by a famous poker player with tons of credentials and start a thread which would be read by bunches of poker players who like and admire said 'professional' poker player, and bash this professional poker player for making all kinds of sick money which might allow him to spend his time golfing instead of playing in penny ante tournaments like the OP.What is wrong with that? Mark
I don't see why you had to be mean to the guy? I mean, all he did was come onto a forum started by a famous poker player with tons of credentials and start a thread which would be read by bunches of poker players who like and admire said 'professional' poker player, and bash this professional poker player for making all kinds of sick money which might allow him to spend his time golfing instead of playing in penny ante tournaments like the OP.What is wrong with that? Markhttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=7&t=111635&qpid=2257067
lolll
This is seriously the best thing ive ever read poker related in my life.
Too worn out to play poker??????Maybe it is better said.....he is tired of getting he ass kicked on the felt and losing money.One the top of his profession, in just a couple of short years has fallen to just another average joe. Did the money go to his head? Just like a professional athlete that signs a big contract and then takes it easy.He has been able to keep his face in the limelight and live off his past successes, but soon everyone will realize that he is just not one of the best any longer.Only playing in a few $10K+ events is just not going to get it done. If he is serious about his poker and legacy, he needs to put all the other crap aside and focus on the game. Maybe swallow his pride and move down a level in cash games at the Bellagio so he can learn how to crush a game again. I think that would go a long way to improve his psyche. Also, he needs to enter more than the main events. Who cares if the top prize in only $100K-$300K. Swallow the pride and get you hours in. I think he has lost touch with the game that got him to where he is today. Maybe the passion is gone and will never come back? Maybe he is not as wealthy as we all think and he is taking back for a while to make other money on the side that is a safer bet? I don't know, but he has disappeared from the cash game scene, played a tight, boring, scared game on HSP, and his tournament results have been very poor.Normally I do not like seeing pros at my table, but he has fallen into a class with a few other pros that I love to see at my table as I lick my chops and know exactly how to extract their money from them.I think we all miss the old Daniel and his 2004 game. The question is does he have the heart and desire to get back on top of the poker world and not just the top of the popularity contests.I have my doubts...........
WOW those are some fightin words there lol
Meh, lost in all they drama of his post, there are a couple good points. I think in general, the live pros made a huge miscalculation as to how the online players would affect the poker world. It took them far too long to figure out that the game had changed significantly and that many of the best NLHE players in the world were making a ton of money as "online players". I remember the days of who is better the average "online player" or the average "live player" and no one was really sure. It is fairly obvious now what the answer is and it really isn't close. At the top of the game it is a lot closer between the two but at mid and lower levels it isn't even close. I don't think Daniel has lost it but I think the field has caught up significantly.
I'm sure that RDog won't ever see my response, nor make one in reply to me..but this is such a silly post. Those 'live' tournaments that all the 'online' players are crushing? They're filled with 'online' players. I can't throw a redbird at my B&M without hitting 3 guys with a PokerStars shirt. If you mean guys like Steve Billirakis are better than a guy like say, Men "The Master" Nguyen, you're probably right. But what about the other 7 guys at the table..? If you have a table at the WSOP with Steve Billirakis, Men Nguyen and 7 random guys in a tournament, I'd bet 6 of them play with some frequency on line--if not nightly.
If you mean guys like Steve Billirakis are better than a guy like say, Men "The Master" Nguyen, you're probably right. But what about the other 7 guys at the table..? If you have a table at the WSOP with Steve Billirakis, Men Nguyen and 7 random guys in a tournament, I'd bet 6 of them play with some frequency on line--if not nightly.
Mr Smokey was playing the 25/50NL at Foxwoods while I was there, and was definitely not some random tourney donk, so for sure he should get his props :)Mark
Mr Smokey was playing the 25/50NL at Foxwoods while I was there, and was definitely not some random tourney donk, so for sure he should get his props :)Mark
Right..and I don't disagree, obv.. I just think it's funny when people do compare live and online they compare.. Bob Stupak, Chris Moneymaker and Tomer Benvenisti versus Annete, Zee Justin and Smokey.. They never mention the *thousands* of online players that show up at the Main Event year in and year out and tard around, but they're sure quick to mention whoever's hot on the P5's leaderboard has just gone deep in a WPT event.I think it's a huge part of what makes the debate so silly and so hard to quantify. And what makes it just as silly to presume to have a definitive answer to the question of who's better.
I'll take that action with a tee spot. Stroke a hole and a tee spot sounds fair to me. Remember, I hit the ball like a Vegan so I can't play the back tees :-)
Par 3's RED teesPar 4's & 5's WHITE tees (Middle tees)I will play the back tees....Me & Nutzbuster will be in Vegas Dec 12 - 16th....I'll pack my sticks.
I do not play heads up, and I really do not need a bullseye on my back at the Bellagio. I am sure if you play 20-40 or 40-80 stud at the Bellagio I have been in your game. Also 40-80 to 200-400 mixed games. I
LOLZ.i doubt anyone who plays these levels with any amount of seriousness doesn't play HU.also these levels don't give you credentials to comment on the game of people in steve and DNs league. i've played these levels and i've played limit tournaments with people who are top tier players and they're not that close.of course i'm speaking in generalities, but it holds mostly true.
I bought the yellow t and begged my mom to buy me the jacket. I may still have it somewhere.
I bust out the kid n play kick step at all weddings, and if I am feeling spry I may even attempt to jump over my own leg!