Anyone know offhand why there are no antes incoporated into Omaha games?Is it to make it easier in live games to compute pot-sizes? Is it to give short-stack ninjas a slight edge on bubbles? I honestly have no concrete idea, any help appreciated.Is it that way only on Pokerstars, or something like that?

Because you touch yourself at night.
only because you like to watch..I'm asking a serious question here! I at least deserve serious cat.

I would say you are right about making it difficult to compute pot sizes. Also maybe because you would be able to raise a much larger amount before the flop. It would make the pots much bigger to start with and more like no limit.

Just a theory but antes are basically there to generate action. With the extra cards dealt out in Omaha action tends to take care of itself due to all the extra possibilities out there. I would think this would make antes less of a necessity in a game like Omaha.Ps this is written terribly but it basically explains what I mean and I'm busy.

cappy the reason they dont have antes in omaha is exactly what you said, well...its sorta both reasons combined. In a pot limit game it would be way too confusing for the dealer to have antes, and you dont really need them in order to create action. i guess if theres anything else you want to know, or if i didnt really explain that clear enough, just let me know.

The whole point of pot limit is to avoid the pre-flop/flop push. The very concept is that it's a big part of the game to be able to lay down a big draw or a made hand with no chance to improve when facing a big bet. It's why Omaha is rarely played NL. Same for triple draw games. The game is ruined (even more than HE is ruined) when extreme short stacks can just push early in the hand. Antes in a PL game would have the effect of making everyone short stacked much sooner.

• 9 months later...

From everything i've understood of blinds and antes, they are both used to force or induce action in a game, so people cant just fold the entire tourney or in a cash game fold until they get aces at no expense, obv. In a game like omaha, the game itself creates it's own action. Antes in hold'em do not come in until the middle/later stages of a tournament, essentially to create more urgency for the shorter stacks to play. Shorer stacks dont need that extra push in omaha b/c it is essentially a game designed to create action, more cards = more possibilities

I really don't see what Obama and Antes have to do with each other. Is he against them...like an anti-ante?

Cappy should come back imo.
*paging Cappy*