Canadian Dollar On Par With The Us Dollar:)

I can't believe this has turned into a "which country is better" discussion. We don't make fun a Canadian money because of the exchange rate, we make fun of it because it has lots of weird colors and funny pictures on it. And because you guys use the metric system, which just means more conversions for our little brains.
by far the best post in the thread.
Not to be argumentative, but last time I went to Canada, they accepted US dollars at a lot of stores.I have never seen one store in the USA that accepts canadian.And don't you still have a picture of the Queen on all your money?I love Canada, Saskatoon is a great city, love Victoria, was in the Yukon Terroitories this summer. Canada is a great neighbor.But you piss us off we will invade you and change your name to North North Dakota just to rub it in. You've been warned.
We do accept US Dollars at lots of tourist locations. Because tourists like to come to Canada. And since there's a lot more of you relative to us than vice versa, we accept your money, and not vice versa. You are bigger than us.
Yeah, I actually do agree. I'm one of those Chicken Littles who has been crowing about this for years now.And ya know what? I also fully acknowledge that it probably isn't going to get any better, until we either start creating wealth again (which can only be done by production and exportation) or drastically retool our spending. When the "private equity" vultures started swirling around great American businesses, I knew the time was coming... I still think it is going to have to get a lot worse before we collectively wake up, roll up our sleeves and put the economically rising 3rd world back in its rightfully subservient place. Still, I think people have to understand that nations like Canada crowing about economic issues in the US is like Angola taking great pride in their 48 points against the 1992 US Mens Basketball team. Barring something far, far more catastrophic than what we're seeing today (and something that as of today is absolutely unforeseen) US economic might is still going to be the prevailing factor in the global economy for the rest of our lives, and probably our children's lives too. Canada isn't even in the same spectrum of consideration, given that the Canadian economy is basically like one of those shitty little fish that hang around the larger shark feeding off the left-overs. Remember- when the great depression hit, the two countries hit hardest as far as overall national income were #1 United States and #2 Canada.
I don't know about the argument, but it seems fair. You guys are bigger than us. That means little to nothing. Sorry our economy is not based on manly cool things like making steel and having pregnant 15-year old near-retards feed their families on the $6/hour they get paid making us cheeseburgers.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

propaganda. he's trying to throw us off the scent and hoard it all for himself a la bourbon-strat.

Yes we definatetely need a new floor what is considered rich. Millionaire became a popular term to deem the wealthy in the early 80's, but it does not mean much anymore. I have many clients that are "

the chest-pounding re: parity in this thread was cringe-worthy.

I believe Scram's interests include Wikipedia, and the works of John "Birdman" Bryant.He are seriouse poster!
I have absolutely not a ****ing clue what you're talking about, save for what little fragments I gathered when I googled "John "Birdman" Bryant"
But you piss us off we will invade you and change your name to North North Dakota just to rub it in. You've been warned.
Did you know that North Dakota wanted to change its name to just Dakota? (Not "Just Dakota," but rather just "Dakota." Although maybe Just Dakota would be a good name. The state motto could be, "Come to Just Dakota; you'll get a fair shake." Also, I don't really know how a state would want to change its name; I mean it's not like it's a living entity. I guess I should've said the government of North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state.) Anyway, they felt that changing the name would help their tourism industry because when people hear "North" they think of cold weather. So changing Canada to North North Dakota would probably eliminate all tourism.p.s. Balloon guy, I've heard it said that five million is the new million. How do you feel about this? I think it should be $6.3 million. I don't want just anybody to join our millionaire club.
I have absolutely not a ****ing clue what you're talking about, save for what little fragments I gathered when I googled "John "Birdman" Bryant"
Just observing that you're a very passionate guy.. on the topics you post about.Nothing wrong with that, maybe it's wasted on an internet forum. What do you do for a living?
They are apparently too much for you to understand, as those issues have very, very little to do with the dollars value.They have everything to do with any given Canadians "why we don't suck" talking points.1) Again, LOL. You are absolutely, completely wrong about the statement that the US is no longer a world power in business. Terribly wrong overall- pathetically wrong and absolutely ignorant when you say that the US doesn't compare to "most European countries". Europe as a whole is starting to compete, but there isn't a single European country, save for maybe Germany, that is even in the same economic universe as the US and even then, they don't come remotely close.As for the whole "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" thing, this really goes to show what flavor of retard you are; the kind who can't go a sentence without foaming at the mouth about Bush, Iraq, WMD< baby seals or whatever the whiners-spotlight happens to be focused on this week. Well, let's see. The Canadian health care system is inferior in every single way to the American health care system, save for it being free. It's a free shit sandwich to a starving poor man. Our healthcare system is a lobster roll that is expensive. A large part of the reason that "free health care" is so important to Canada is that your nation hasn't ever had a base of wealth broad enough to sustain a superior private system.As far as illiteracy and guns, etc- those are cultural issues and most of their negative impact is tied to a certain segment of our population- one that doesn't exist in Canada.Really, your post was a classic example of mindless talking points. You also have to understand that the standard of living in Canada is absolutely, positively tied to the existence of the United States. If we were to simply vanish, your quality of life would par with maybe Romania. The versa isn't true. "Hmmmmmm"
The more you talk the more you prove my point on the arrogant view of the world that MOST americans have...Whats the point of having a LOBSTER ROLL health care system if most of your population cant afford it? Also from your posts i see that you have a very racist bias towards your view on a lot of topics...Once again racism is a lot more rampant in the US than it is Canada...I have personally seen this especially in a lot of the southern states...And now that you dont agree with me you will do the AMERICAN thing by starting a war...nice job...
Did you know that North Dakota wanted to change its name to just Dakota? (Not "Just Dakota," but rather just "Dakota." Although maybe Just Dakota would be a good name. The state motto could be, "Come to Just Dakota; you'll get a fair shake." Also, I don't really know how a state would want to change its name; I mean it's not like it's a living entity. I guess I should've said the government of North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state.) Anyway, they felt that changing the name would help their tourism industry because when people hear "North" they think of cold weather. So changing Canada to North North Dakota would probably eliminate all tourism.
Awesome.
Did you know that North Dakota wanted to change its name to just Dakota? (Not "Just Dakota," but rather just "Dakota." Although maybe Just Dakota would be a good name. The state motto could be, "Come to Just Dakota; you'll get a fair shake." Also, I don't really know how a state would want to change its name; I mean it's not like it's a living entity. I guess I should've said the government of North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state.) Anyway, they felt that changing the name would help their tourism industry because when people hear "North" they think of cold weather. So changing Canada to North North Dakota would probably eliminate all tourism.Only way to truely help with tourism in North Dakota would be to go back in time and prevent the making of the movie Fargo. Or the selling of Missile silos as hip new underground condos for the "Algore Stop Senseless Human Atmosphere Tampering Society" crowd.p.s. Balloon guy, I've heard it said that five million is the new million. How do you feel about this? I think it should be $6.3 million. I don't want just anybody to join our millionaire club.
I for one am all for inclusion to our club, finding ways to reach out and find new members. People of different races, religions, sexes. Let's just keep the club open to anyone that qualifies. By the way; are we still having Housekeeper Races at the next meeting, it seems to take forever what with half of them being pregnant and I don't want to cut short our time for Gardener Fights. I'm way behind cause of that stupid tip I got on Korean amputees being good with nun-chucks.
over 1 billion in debt to the United Nations.
LOL that IS funny.Royal, you can do better than that brother.
The more you talk the more you prove my point on the arrogant view of the world that MOST americans have...Wait a minute, we are only mostly arrogant about Canada, France and Mexico. The rest of the world we're not sure where it is on a map.Whats the point of having a LOBSTER ROLL health care system if most of your population cant afford it? I was in Russia this summer, the guide was telling us that under communism, they had security, but the stores were empty many times, her kids had never seen a Kiwi fruit, and they had no say on most of their lives. Now their store are chock full of foods, they have a ton more freedom, but most people can't afford very much. I do know that the future can be brighter for these people now, whereas the past was never going to get brighter under communism, and I can see that when you are in the system you are in, you don't necessarily want what the other system has. You live with your healthcare security, but you accept the drawbacks. We live with healthcare uncertaintity, but we also get to enjoy the benefits. I have a worker who's nephew went into super dangerous surgery 2 days ago, The doctor flew from Mass to Cal just to do this surgery cause he's the best. The entire bill is being picked up by someone, cause these people are not able to afford anything. I know this isn't the norm, but it isn't that big of a deal, people in America get good healthcare. But it cost a lot sometimes. Personally I just don't get really sick, and smoke good cigars, those cheap ones will kill you.Once again racism is a lot more rampant in the US than it is Canada...That's cause we are better than you so there are more people to look down at, it's a math thing.I have personally seen this especially in a lot of the southern states...coughDemocrat strongholdscoughAnd now that you dont agree with me you will do the AMERICAN thing by starting a war...It's what we're best at, that and football (see what I did there?)
Nothing but love for my Canadian brothers. You have a good country, we have a good country, we all do things different but at the end of the day we all just want to relax and watch reality TV while we wait to sue something or someone for a pile of money.
And besides we only don't pay the bill because we laugh so hard at their " Pay or Else" letters they send us every month.Pay or Else..... :club:
And besides we only don't pay the bill because we laugh so hard at their " Pay or Else" letters they send us every month.Pay or Else..... :club:
Did some assclown mention the US involvement with the UN? Seriously? Our first step should be to evict the UN from American soil.
by far the best post in the thread.We do accept US Dollars at lots of tourist locations. Because tourists like to come to Canada. And since there's a lot more of you relative to us than vice versa, we accept your money, and not vice versa. You are bigger than us.I don't know about the argument, but it seems fair. You guys are bigger than us. That means little to nothing. Sorry our economy is not based on manly cool things like making steel and having pregnant 15-year old near-retards feed their families on the $6/hour they get paid making us cheeseburgers.
YEAH THATS RIGHT. WE ARE BIGGER THAN YOU. :flexes manly...ly:
holy crap, I made somebody's signature
true, but 3.5 inches still isn't much to crown about. though it does tickle just right when you flex...
hey I'll take what I can get
Did you know that North Dakota wanted to change its name to just Dakota? (Not "Just Dakota," but rather just "Dakota." Although maybe Just Dakota would be a good name. The state motto could be, "Come to Just Dakota; you'll get a fair shake." Also, I don't really know how a state would want to change its name; I mean it's not like it's a living entity. I guess I should've said the government of North Dakota wanted to change the name of the state.) Anyway, they felt that changing the name would help their tourism industry because when people hear "North" they think of cold weather. So changing Canada to North North Dakota would probably eliminate all tourism.p.s. Balloon guy, I've heard it said that five million is the new million. How do you feel about this? I think it should be $6.3 million. I don't want just anybody to join our millionaire club.
I also have seen every episode of West Wing. Oh, Donnatella Moss. How I miss you.
The more you talk the more you prove my point on the arrogant view of the world that MOST americans have...Whats the point of having a LOBSTER ROLL health care system if most of your population cant afford it? Also from your posts i see that you have a very racist bias towards your view on a lot of topics...Once again racism is a lot more rampant in the US than it is Canada...I have personally seen this especially in a lot of the southern states...And now that you dont agree with me you will do the AMERICAN thing by starting a war...nice job...
There sure is lots and lots of quality in that post, Serge.Well done.
There sure is lots and lots of quality in that post, Serge.Well done.
ok lets end this war....We( America and Canada) are brothers...Lets agree to disagree....And lets fight the real enemy...this is my olive branch.
Yeah. Clearly Bush's fault.
This has always been a funny respones to me, if the economy is up the president is great, if its down the president is doing a terrible job. Most fiscal policy that the executive branch implelements takes year to play out. For instance, Regans "Trickle Down Economic" fell falt initially and then once that money tricked down after his presidency we saw the beginning of an economic boom in the early 90's post the recession and gulf war, that was ont Bush Sr., in fact he almost demolished what Regan had put in place with his tax raises.
p.s. Balloon guy, I've heard it said that five million is the new million. How do you feel about this? I think it should be $6.3 million. I don't want just anybody to join our millionaire club.
Yes we definatetely need a new floor what is considered rich. Millionaire became a popular term to deem the wealthy in the early 80's, but it does not mean much anymore. I have many clients that are "millionaires" and they are 50/50 whether they can reitre with their current lifestyle. Also we figured my parnets net worth to be in the 2.8 million range almost soley on property values of their home and rentals, but my dad is an ex cop and my mom cleaned houses for a living and struggle some months to pay there $1000 a month energy bills.So I say 10 Million is the new floor, we need to hit the Jay Z eight figure mark to really rich the wealthy line, said best in Can I get A..."If I wasn't ah, eight figure nigga by the name of Jigga would you come around me or would you clown me? "
  • Like 1
ok lets end this war....We( America and Canada) are brothers...Lets agree to disagree....And lets fight the real enemy...this is my olive branch.
Hey, I agree. hatchet buried. Plenty of real enemies out there needing to be fought (like those damn Australians)