Wsope - Day 3 Starts At 2pm London Time

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ people arguing on message boards. Do you think you are going to convince the other person they are wrong?Daniel is by no means my favorite player (Gus is). In fact I find him a little annoying sometimes so don't call me a nuthugger, but he was at that table for 6 or so hours and obviously had better reads than any of us did. As he said he was a maniac and could have had any number of hands. DrawingDead, you said he was a 11:9 favorite on the hand. You said it was a good call because he had a4c but if he shows kq it's a bad call. And if he flips over 98 or 10,9 or j9(which is well within his range) it's a good call again. I think the ace high flush draw was the BEST hand he could have held there and he was a favorite against that. I understand questioning him to find out his mindset and the inner thoughts of a top pro, but it seems like you do it in a criticizing manner and not so much in a curious manner.He went with his read and called. It happened to be a good call and of course there a 20 different things on each hand that could have went differently, but it is what happened and he just happened to have the worst hand when it was all over.

DrawingDead, you said he was a 11:9 favorite on the hand. You said it was a good call because he had a4c but if he shows kq it's a bad call. And if he flips over 98 or 10,9 or j9(which is well within his range) it's a good call again. I think the ace high flush draw was the BEST hand he could have held there and he was a favorite against that.
And I don't agree with that at all. Why would he 3-bet all in with the nut flush draw, but not top pair/twopair/set hands?
I understand questioning him to find out his mindset and the inner thoughts of a top pro, but it seems like you do it in a criticizing manner and not so much in a curious manner.
I've been nothing but respectful. I don't get snippy until the tards come out of the woodwork.
And I don't agree with that at all. Why would he 3-bet all in with the nut flush draw, but not top pair/twopair/set hands? I've been nothing but respectful. I don't get snippy until the tards come out of the woodwork.
I absolutely think he would 3-bet all in with top pair/2pair/set. However, I think that the way the table had played out, and based on what DN said, he didn't believe he had that good of a hand. I am trying to say that DN thought the best hand he could have held was the Ace High flush draw and easily could have had 98 910 or 9j. Like I said that's what I got from DN's comments anyway. I'm not sure if it was you who said it but I think I would have raised to the 35k and folded to a push also.He had the read he had the cards and chips and just got a little unfortunate.Yeah tards coming out of the woodwork suck.

He may have played those odds because he didn't want 2nd place and thought he must push more to get enough chips. Sure not playing those tight hands would put him in the money but that may be not his goal. the players showing down big hands there now are running low already. I am sure GH isn't waiting for the bet hand ,even so what he did had enough logic.

i know this is going to sound stupid but where are you guys getting all this information? i went to cardplayer and they are offering no info. i also want to know the place that you go to or the best place to get information and not just a huge list of crappy places i could go to get info about the tourny.

i know this is going to sound stupid but where are you guys getting all this information? i went to cardplayer and they are offering no info. i also want to know the place that you go to or the best place to get information and not just a huge list of crappy places i could go to get info about the tourny.
Free live stream: http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/mediacenter/livevideo.aspAnd www.pokernews.com has live updates as well
The hand that really really intrigued me ( and sorry if it has been talked about already ) but Daniel opened in MPish for std raise of like 6k.. I believe he had about 120k ish all day... folds to PA who re pops to 25k.. Daniel essentially snap calls.. they end up getting it in on a 5-4-2 with two diamond flop when PA has AA and Daniel has 5-3. Maybe it is like 19th level thinking.. but I don't understand how calling 19k more ( 20% of your remaining stack) against one of the best players in the world can be profitable with 5-3. Against a horrible player maybe.. but even then you barely have any implied odds if you do somehow hit gin.. am I missing something here?
didnt see the hand, if it is like you say it is then it seems like a very bad call. daniel always do that, like in wsop when he call the reraise with q10 even though he thought the other guy had aces. its like hes wasting his great poker skills by making bad calls preflop.
And I don't agree with that at all. Why would he 3-bet all in with the nut flush draw, but not top pair/twopair/set hands? I've been nothing but respectful. I don't get snippy until the tards come out of the woodwork.
Uhm cause he was a total maniac AND had already 3bet with a flush draw. The guy has a wide range obviously.These days at this level, IF you're not willing to make the call Daniel did you'll never ever have a chance of winning a tournament.

obviously the maniac as DN refered to him was the one deciding to gamble with the flush draw. Facing a raise to 50K pushing for 57K more he knew he was getting called. he had his read on the guy and went for it & it didn't work out. Oh well better luck next time

The hand that really really intrigued me ( and sorry if it has been talked about already ) but Daniel opened in MPish for std raise of like 6k.. I believe he had about 120k ish all day... folds to PA who re pops to 25k.. Daniel essentially snap calls.. they end up getting it in on a 5-4-2 with two diamond flop when PA has AA and Daniel has 5-3. Maybe it is like 19th level thinking.. but I don't understand how calling 19k more ( 20% of your remaining stack) against one of the best players in the world can be profitable with 5-3. Against a horrible player maybe.. but even then you barely have any implied odds if you do somehow hit gin.. am I missing something here?
I think it was a set up play by Daniel. He may have been looking to push on any favorable flop or even on a flop that doesn't look like PA hit.And the blinds are small enough that if he got away from the hand after teh flop he would still have a decent stack size.~maybe he has ESP.

Ok, here it is, y'all are just completely freakin' wrong and it ain't even close! I'll kill two birds with one stone:Hand 1 vs PA: I made it 5000 and he re-raised to 18k from the SB. I had to call13 more in position. Nothing wrong with that.Hand 2 vs Maniac: When I make it 50k I've already completely commited myself against this guy. Why? Because moving all in or making it 50k is essentially the same thing against this guy because if he decides to play he's moving in. That's how he played... the whole time. Essentially making it 50k is slightly better because if he has air he may be foolish enough to move in with AK, or even 77 or some hand like that. You all assume that I "have to" be up against a better pair or a flush draw, when the truth is, 9 times out of 10 (better actually) when I make it 50k the pot is over. Now, knowing this guy's range, how in the world could I justify folding for another 57k when the pot is laying me a huge price and I think I have the best hand? What you guys are questioning is totally illogical, seriously. My only other option on the hand was to check call on the flop, but with so much money out there and me essentially on a short stack against the table, I wanted to protect what I felt was the best hand based on his bet size and tendencies. Trust me, I've thought about the hand long and hard. I had the best of it going in, but I rated to be in MUCH better shape when I put my 50k in and was unlucky that I was only a small favorite. What do you think he'd do with Ah 4h on that flop? He'd still bet that flop. The key thing about this guy, no joke, is that I had even extra equity because he may make the re-raise with any draw as well as hands I have CRUSHED like AK, 88, or 9-10. Not for a second will I second guess that play, no freakin' way. If you still disagree with my assesment you are just going to have to trust me on this one... it's not even close in any way, shape, or form.

I think the k9 hand is completely standard. Up against an aggressive player who will likey fire at any flop DN re-raises and defines his hand, when the villain pushes he is getting laid better than 3-1 on his hand, with those odds if there is even a slight shot that the player has a draw or a weaker 9 or something else that DN can beat its a fairly straight forward call. Obviously the villains range contains hands that are beating a 9 but against a maniac and the pot laying you a little better than3-1 calling the 3rd bet is fairly standard.The 35 call I think is more suspect. Even with position PA will fire on the flop 90% of the time and 35 will not make a playable hand the vast majority of the time on the flop and in order for DN to take this pot away he will have to commit a large portion of his stack thus reducing fold equity. Also PA is chip leader and can easily bust DN, is one of the best players in the world and seems to not give much info away and usually makes good decisions. Obviously though with position if he does hit a hand he can double through which he did, obviously this hand can be played in this spot but I would rather both of us have deep stacks rather than playing against the chip leader without us extremely deep.