Daniel Updates Day 2

DAMNIT!In the battle of the blinds, everyone folded to Daniel Negreanu in the small blind. He raised 4,000. The big blind moved all in for over 70,000. Negreanu said something like, "That's an unusual bet." Then he called with Q-Q. His opponent tabled Big Slick. It was a classic race. Unfortunately for Negreanu his opponent took down the pot when both an Ace and a King ran out on the board.
FUUUU*UUUU*UUUUUU*UUUUCK
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right before I went on Pokernews, I was thinking "I don't want to see 'Daniel Negreanu Eliminated' up there"Well there ya go. :club:

100 Players left (58 Pay)Blinds 600/1200(small blind)Daniel 58k: Raises to 4000(big blind)Player 70k: Moves All-In for 70,000Would you fold QQ in this spot? What do you think Daniel put him on?

100 Players left (58 Pay)Blinds 600/1200(small blind)Daniel 58k: Raises to 4000(big blind)Player 70k: Moves All-In for 70,000Would you fold QQ in this spot? What do you think Daniel put him on?
No way I fold in this spot with QQ unless he shows me KK or AA. The shove looks more like AK, mid pair kind of hand than anything else imo.
1. Good god no.2. Anybody retarded enough to ship it in here at all is awful and his range is like 88+ Ako+.
1. Good god no.2. Anybody retarded enough to ship it in here at all is awful and his range is like 88+ Ako+.
1. Agreed2. Agreed. What a horrible play with that stack size to shove with AK, but you see it all the time and I guess the donk was willing to gamble.
1. Agreed2. Agreed. What a horrible play with that stack size to shove with AK, but you see it all the time and I guess the donk was willing to gamble.
I'm not saying it was a great play, but perhaps the BB didn't want to play a pot with DN, figured he was stealing, and that a shove would get him to fold.
The donk you are referring to is LuckyULSA, I dont think you are in any position to call him a donk. GG Negreanu
The donk you are referring to is LuckyULSA, I dont think you are in any position to call him a donk. GG Negreanu
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww LuckyULSA is v. v. good and he played a hand this way? Wowwww. He is a very good player, doesn't really change that he played this hand horrendously but man, that's nuts.

LuckyUSA must of thought Daniel is also capable of making an overcall with Ace-Queen or Ace-Jack thinking the BB was on a re-steal. We all know how Daniel likes making the right call.What a brutal hand for Daniel.

LuckyUSA must of thought Daniel is also capable of making an overcall with Ace-Queen or Ace-Jack thinking the BB was on a re-steal. We all know how Daniel likes making the right call.What a brutal hand for Daniel.
I don't think Daniel is frequently calling off whatever amount of bb's this is (a lot) with AQ or AJ.
I agree. I think Daniel would put it in with jacks too (if he wouldnt be too afraid of looking dumb if LuckyULSA got aces). It's either a big hand or nothing. I'm sure Daniel thought it was like 65-70% he had air and decided to take the chance of getting a big stack.

It sounds like DN played pretty solid, but I would have been embarrassed to be seen with that sweater/cardigan. That sewn on PS patch looks tackilicious. Seriously, it looks like something someone would sew on in the green room. You'd think PS would front a bit and get DN some sharp looking clothes with some good logos.

That sewn on PS patch looks tackilicious. Seriously, it looks like something someone would sew on in the green room. You'd think PS would front a bit and get DN some sharp looking clothes with some good logos.
That shirt is mint bro, I bought it here. I got all kinds of cool duds, it's not a Stars shirt, I just put the sticky patch on it.
Perhaps it looks tacked on because it is.

The call with QQ was a must here. This kid just sat at the table with a big stack of 80,000 plus. I was second at the table with 70,000. I gave off a false tell before raising to 7,000. The tell I gave off was one that made it look like I was trying to pick up the pot. From the big blind, the young kid immediatelty says, "All in" and my first thought is, "I got you crushed kid." As it turned out I was only a 57% favorite, but I felt that it was my worst case scenario. I win that pot and I'm among the chip leaders. The approach of a of these players is to force you into race situations by overplaying thier hands. While they can be land mines in that they'll suck out from time to time, it's hardly a good way to consistently win on the tournament circuit as it's easily exploitable if you are willing to race in certain situations. I thought I played very well in this tournament, but couldn't avoid playing three races for all my chips. The first was late last night with 77 vs Kh 8h, then on day two I had two confrontations of QQ vs AK. I wo the first two, but couldn't make it three in a row. As much as I prefer not to race, if I'm up against players who are shipping it in with weak hands like AK, you really don't have much of a choice but to make the correct mathematical play.

The approach of a of these players is to force you into race situations by overplaying thier hands. While they can be land mines in that they'll suck out from time to time, it's hardly a good way to consistently win on the tournament circuit as it's easily exploitable if you are willing to race in certain situations.
That's okay, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to go back to the Tilt cash games where he is up a couple mil on the year.

You played great, Daniel - Even though the result doesn't show it. I hope you are back in that killer rhythm you had back in December and January. Good luck at the WCP and WSOPE!