Costs a ton of money to have/maintain grass out here.
I read in the Independent (a UK newspaper) that 18% of water in Nevada is used in maintaining golf courses, which leads to droughts. Nice house BTW. Is it your first house?
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Table: HUTTON ST (Real Money) Seat #1 is the dealerSeat 1 - SOLO7682 ($16.75 in chips)Seat 2 - OUCH8S ($227.24 in chips)Seat 3 - SIMO123 ($152.45 in chips)Seat 4 - MONTAGNAIS ($91.69 in chips)Seat 5 - GOSUMINH ($41 in chips)Seat 6 - NOLLY1 ($49.60 in chips)OUCH8S - Posts small blind $0.25SIMO123 - Posts big blind $0.50*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to SIMO123 [Ad 10c] MONTAGNAIS - Calls $0.50GOSUMINH - FoldsNOLLY1 - FoldsSOLO7682 - FoldsOUCH8S - Calls $0.25SIMO123 - Checks*** FLOP *** [Jh Qc Kd]OUCH8S - Bets $1.50SIMO123 - Calls $1.50MONTAGNAIS - Calls $1.50*** TURN *** [Jh Qc Kd] [5s]OUCH8S - Bets $6SIMO123 - Calls $6MONTAGNAIS - Calls $6*** RIVER *** [Jh Qc Kd 5s] [9h]OUCH8S - Bets $24SIMO123 - All-In(Raise) $144.45 to $144.45MONTAGNAIS - FoldsOUCH8S - Calls $120.45*** SHOW DOWN ***SIMO123 - Shows [Ad 10c] (Straight, ten to ace) OUCH8S - Mucks [Qh Th]SIMO123 Collects $309.40 from main pot

http://picasaweb.google.com/Matt.Livingsto...mingtonGroveAveWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.I accepted the bank's counter offer. Barring some relatively unlikely scenarios, I will own this house :club:
Wanna play heads up for houses?
Because he lives in a ****ing desert.
That's the idea. People who live in the city still like to have city parks because its kind of shitty not having any foliage.
So Friday night I watched a show on BBQing so I decided you know what? hanging out all day drinking beer for 8 hours while charring a two 10lb chunks of pork sounded like a good idea.Well first off I didn't wake up till 1pm.... then I went to the store for the pork but forgot my wallet, anyway right around two oclock we got the meat on the grill. I started drinking some friends drop by we started drinking, anyway the meat takes a little longer than it was suppose to and at midnight I pull it off the grill :DAnyway at this point I have been drinking for a long time and smoking too, I am not a drinker really I only get drunk like once a month. So after an hour of prep and 10 hours of cooking and 30 minutes of resting. I had an amazing pulled pork sandwich, and about 10 minutes after that I was passed the **** out... drinking in the sun all day/smoking all day is hard work.Brag: I made myself a kickass sandwich.Beat: it took ALLLLLLLLL DAY, and from my drunkenness I burned myself at least three times.Variance: Everyone else was full from chicken wings and beer to eat any pork and I have roughly 15lbs of pulled pork in my fridge.
o yeah and I have to help my friend move furniture today :club:
serves you right for not inviting me *******!
That's the idea. People who live in the city still like to have city parks because its kind of shitty not having any foliage.
There's lots of folliage, just not grass.Grass uses a susbstantial amount of water, and the Vegas area actually encourages citizens to landscape without it, using desert vegetation, which naturally use less water.They actually had a thing a while back where they'd pay citizens by the square foot to remove the grass.Bessel is right, as well, the biggest water usage in Vegas is the golf courses, and even they are cutting back, as most are removing the rough, and areas between holes, leaving it just as desert wasteland, rather than using a boatload of water to maintain it.There are impending water shortage issues in the Vegas area, because of the huge boom in population in the last several years, and landscaping without using grass will at least help to curtail it a bit.
I'm stuck $40k since June 26th.
Do you feel any sting at that amount? Or are you past that?
There's lots of folliage, just not grass.Grass uses a susbstantial amount of water, and the Vegas area actually encourages citizens to landscape without it, using desert vegetation, which naturally use less water.They actually had a thing a while back where they'd pay citizens by the square foot to remove the grass.Bessel is right, as well, the biggest water usage in Vegas is the golf courses, and even they are cutting back, as most are removing the rough, and areas between holes, leaving it just as desert wasteland, rather than using a boatload of water to maintain it.There are impending water shortage issues in the Vegas area, because of the huge boom in population in the last several years, and landscaping without using grass will at least help to curtail it a bit.
That's shitty imo.
Probably won't be putting in grass back there.
Sweet house!! If it was mine I'd be throwing some horeshoe pits in that backyard. Nothing better than a BBQ with friends, boozin' and throwin' shoes. Did you ever switch realtors?
I'm stuck $40k since June 26th.
Man, that's horrible. I'm sorry. I'm sure you are working hard to correct any flaws and whatnot, keep your head up and stay confident. Easier said than done obv. I hope the fiancee is accepting of all of it, you're a great player.In short, maybe I'll sign up through your referral at Bodog! I'll keep you afloat!
A lot of the HOAs out here actually don't let you put grass in your front yard. I am not sure if any of them can say what you can or can't do with regards to landscaping in the back, but yeah.Also, a lot of the golf courses out here use reclaimed water.Vegas has actually been ahead of most cities in terms of developing their subdivisions and stuff while using much less water than other cities. There are still parks and stuff, but if you want grass, you gotta put it in yourself in the back yard. I'll probably put a paver patio back there or something, but I don't think that I really have any plans to put in turf, although I do miss it since I grew up with it in NY.
Sweet house!! If it was mine I'd be throwing some horeshoe pits in that backyard. Nothing better than a BBQ with friends, boozin' and throwin' shoes. Did you ever switch realtors?
Yeah. I really was pleased with everything about my new one.
Do you feel any sting at that amount? Or are you past that?
I mean, that amount is roughly 50% of what my BR was...so yeah...it stings. Mostly the losing upon losing. I mean, I'm trying to stay level-headed about it...I'm still doing pretty well on the year, and I know I'm not really in danger of going broke. But yeah, it's screwed with my confidence.
Ouch! Is that mostly from live play or online?
Mostly online. I did drop like $7.5k in live MTT buyins to start the downswing, but the rest has been spread across online NLHE cash and SHLHE cash with some tournaments.
Man, that's horrible. I'm sorry. I'm sure you are working hard to correct any flaws and whatnot, keep your head up and stay confident. Easier said than done obv. I hope the fiancee is accepting of all of it, you're a great player.
Yeah. I really do feel like I've been getting coolered a lot, but I am examining my play to make sure I'm not making excuses. The fiancee isn't really being informed of the exact amount, but yeah...I've told her that I'm not doing very well lately. Not for the sake of deception...but just cause I don't want her to stress about it.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Matt.Livingsto...mingtonGroveAveWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.I accepted the bank's counter offer. Barring some relatively unlikely scenarios, I will own this house :club:
Nice work.
Probably won't be putting in grass back there.
How come? Not important? I guess I've lived with a front and backyard my whole life and just wouldn't know what to do without it.
Costs a ton of money to have/maintain grass out here.
Because he lives in a ****ing desert.
LOL. I lived in Arizona for a year, having grown up in Iowa (where everything is green in the summer -- everything). It was so weird to see people raking their rocks/sand/yard.