*** Ottawa Senators Thread ***

lol, first I need to be able to run a fantasy franchise (not into the ground) -- I seem to be pretty good at scouting though.
you did a damn good job suckering me into taking eaves off your books.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sens-Sabres   Bring a pillow.

Danny,   My private school wife disagrees. Sadly so do I. I was pretty adamant that we weren't going to pay for private school but now that he's here and it's getting close deciding on schools, I'm

Oh crap I missed the obvious one Lidstrom. Debate over.

Posted Images

you did a damn good job suckering me into taking eaves off your books.
Ya, I was glad to get rid of him :PThough in hindsight I probably should have protected Kobasew (already have Wheeler+Hamill on farm) and MacArthur instead of Cole and Pronger.
Hope he likes Long Island.
This mightttt not happen, and I only would remotely say that because of this quote I pulled from Yahoo's game recap last night:“He didn’t say they were sticking with me,” Danis said about coach Scott Gordon, “but he did say they passed on both (Dany) Sabourin and (Curtis) Sanford.”
This mightttt not happen, and I only would remotely say that because of this quote I pulled from Yahoo's game recap last night:“He didn’t say they were sticking with me,” Danis said about coach Scott Gordon, “but he did say they passed on both (Dany) Sabourin and (Curtis) Sanford.”
NYI grabbing Gerber would be counter to Operation: Tavares (and wouldn't help them beyond this year).
His save % isn't all that bad -- just that the goals he does let in are often spirit crushing.
Yeah, Im gonna go with Fubar on this one. Its just those kind of goals that deflate any players desire to try harder to get the W. Grab Gerber, hope he takes you to the promised land. (Tavares country)seriously though, im gonna say no one takes a chance on him. I always think guys will get grabbed off waivers, and it doesnt happen. NYI makes sense, but Ill guess they'll pass too.
Yeah, Im gonna go with FubarFenxis on this one. Its just those kind of goals that deflate any players desire to try harder to get the W. Grab Gerber, hope he takes you to the promised land. (Tavares country)
fypGerber lifetime save %: .910Brodeur lifetime save %: .913Minor difference but which tender would you rather have?
fypGerber lifetime save %: .910Brodeur lifetime save %: .913Minor difference but which tender would you rather have?
interesting stat
Hmm...Gerber in playoffs: .890Brodeur in playoffs: .922
you beat me to it!!!!!! Trust me, I can tell you all about great regular seasons from Gerber, and then huge let downs in playoffs. Thanks to him though, we all know who Cam Ward is.(by the way, I thought you argued Gerber was good, and Fubar said he was so bad he'd help NYI get Tavares?)
you beat me to it!!!!!! Trust me, I can tell you all about great regular seasons from Gerber, and then huge let downs in playoffs. Thanks to him though, we all know who Cam Ward is.(by the way, I thought you argued Gerber was good, and Fubar said he was so bad he'd help NYI get Tavares?)
Playoff goalies are money.....I always remember Grant Fuhr..He may have given up 5 goals in a game..but when the score was 6-5 you can always count on him to make the big saves....

The one main thing with Gerber is how crap he has been when he was given a 3 year contract to be a #1. Its been his fault he hasn't held onto it.1st year: .9062nd year: .9103rd year: .899Considering they made the finals one of those years those are pretty bad numbers in my mind.

Now I think he can be picked up on reentry waivers for half his salary right?
Only if he's actually assigned to the AHL and recalled. It's also a possibility that Gerber stays in the NHL and/or goes to Europe.
  • 2 weeks later...
Hartsburg finally fired.
why does it feel like its long overdue, even though he was only 48 games into his first year of a three year deal?I know it sucks to be fired, but these guys sure are making a lot of money to NOT coach teams.
why does it feel like its long overdue, even though he was only 48 games into his first year of a three year deal?I know it sucks to be fired, but these guys sure are making a lot of money to NOT coach teams.
Hartsburg came in preaching a mantra of accountability but that's something that wasn't delivered. Apparently the Bingo coach has been promoted to take over... yayy :|