Phill Laak Thailand Story

Wait, it says in there that Phil drove into some kids.Could it be possible he got the wrong Phil?Picture13.jpg
nice hand suh
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I believe it as well, but the guy went through a lot of trouble to get it out there. Starting your own website just to angle shoot Phil Laak seems almost too much. There may be some validity to it, but the guy sure does have an imagination if it was false

After reading it I felt like this guy wasn't telling all of the story. Like he had done something bad too but wasn't putting it out there.Guy bails Phil out from going to jail, Guy takes some of Phil's money to start a business and then asks for more to continue their business and Phil hires a hitman? Wtf.

How does Mr Thailand go from saying Laak hired a hitman to kill him (Which makes no sense in itself.....If you were pissed thinking you lost $15,000, why would you spend $30,000 more to off the guy ? ) to "knowing" that Laak and Esfandiari cheat at poker ? And how do you cheat by showing your hole cards ?

This sounds far fetched...but I wouldn't really trust Phil too much. I've heard at least 5 people who are at various levels of "in the know" that Phil began his poker career by robbing a NYC poker club. Story is him and a buddy hauled the safe out of the club after hours and then skipped town. Obv I have no way to confirm this but would be a weird rumor for multiple people to make up.

It is telling that we doubt the story because of the guy telling it, not because we think Laak is not capable of being this scummy.BTW import-export businesses have much bigger issues than just religious items from Thailand, the US was going to have a little say on importing $15K worth of stuff. This is where the story seems far fetched.Oh and you can get someone killed for alot less in Thailand. More like $30,000 Baat

It could REALLY be some "I Bet You" joke.Wouldn't be surprised to see the explanation from Antonio in the next few days.Come on, Phil Laak paying 15K a hitman to kill an entire family ??Doesn't make any sense AT ALL

this story lost all credibility when the dude said phil laak was at the beach in pattaya "hustling" people in backgammon. llllollllllll. I was there in 1997 its a small beach vacation resort on the coast that is nice but no one vacations there to play backgammon. i recommened their waterslides of death if they still have em.

It is telling that we doubt the story because of the guy telling it, not because we think Laak is not capable of being this scummy.BTW import-export businesses have much bigger issues than just religious items from Thailand, the US was going to have a little say on importing $15K worth of stuff. This is where the story seems far fetched.Oh and you can get someone killed for alot less in Thailand. More like $30,000 Baat
all my thoughts exactly. i would think to export thai antiques would require more connections, capital, and know how than this guy seems capable of. it's not like countries are jumping at the possibility of having their history exported.also, the guy's spelling and grammer were the best laugh i had all day.

which brings us to the real point. does a hustler like laak really approach tilly as a long term realationship? hell nooooo!!!!! He is teaching her **** poker as he takes all he can get. laak youuu scoundrdellllllll!!!!!! oh my god man this girl shoul be helping the homeless or finding a cure for hepatitis b......shizt mother fukker what the hell these sukkers think iz beyond me....... beer me babe I am audiiiiiii!5000000!!!! 187 on the undercover copiezzzzz

Here is another snippet I grabbed from the poker site, homepokergames.com(link). It was dated well before this site came about:
Tripwyre Living With Laak October 10, 2005 I lived with Phil Laak for over a year,he was my roomate.He knew backgammon very well,and when i met him,he was just starting poker.I taught him most everything he knows.But i can tell you one thing,he is a smart guy.He knows how he comes off,and yes it is an act...but hes like a child in some ways,very immature.Fun to be with though...i know things about him that one one else does in the world.There are quite a few things actually im sure he would like to sweep under the rug and forget(Thailand,cheating,drug stuff etc). I cant even get in contact with him now cuz hes so famous...shame really. Aside from all his antics, he is a genius ...only another genius can know this,so i can label him with safety. I can tell you he would LOVE being warned at a game about his behavior,he loves confrontation,arguements...taking things to the next level.Any questions people might have i can answer...i probably know him better than anyone...

Well, now...I'm thinking this guy thought he might have found a meal ticket in Laak, but Laak is/was unstable and unreliable and welshed on a deal they were brewing. First, did Laak put 15K towards this import/export business? Perhaps, but it's pretty stupid of both of them not to look into the customs repercussions regarding religious artifacts, most of which are prohibited from leaving Thailand. Replicas are one thing; actual statues and such created by monks, etc, are another. I'm thinking Laak was set up and cried foul when pinched for more $$$.Second, the pathos factor is too high to feel genuine. This guy runs tours for the disabled and his wife crashed a motorbike and is now disabled? I think the story would have more legitimacy if the guy just stood up and said Laak screwed him in a business deal and then told him him he'd hurt him if he asked Laak for more money. If Laak really was involved, he probably just wanted to cut his losses after a stupid decision and a loose grip on his mom's money.Third, Laak and Esfandiari cheating? While it's not out of the question, it's a little suspect to drag this into the picture. Isn't it enough that Laak threatened to kill you?Meh...as much as I'd like to believe that Laak is pure scum, I just don't buy this story.

Third, Laak and Esfandiari cheating? While it's not out of the question, it's a little suspect to drag this into the picture. Isn't it enough that Laak threatened to kill you?
QFT

My job takes me to LV frequently, I do not consider myself to be on the inside of the happenings in Vegas, I do have friends that are in the inner circles. On many occasions each has said they think it very sad television is creating idols out of people who are out right bad people or should be in jail. Only a few names are never mentioned, I can say, I have heard every cheating, wife beating, drug addiction, robbery, burglary, bad person and so on stories. I consider some rumors / stories to be fabrication however there are some stories that so detailed that it turns your stomach.A saying I heard and like: Half the people in this country don't vote. The half that does vote are to stupid to understand what or who they are voting for. Do you really think people care?

I don't think there are any holes to the story, so the story seems to be true. Some parts of the story could have been slightly exaggerated, though. In retrospect, I did hear rumours about Phil being in Thailand around the summer just before his poker pursuit and I'm pretty sure this must be the one.The guy probably did went to the Thai police, but it seems like the police didn't do anything.