Well, I just got back from Vegas and the whole Protege thing was definitely an experience of a lifetime. I just want to take a few moments here to thank FCP for holding such a promotion. More specifically, I'd like to thank Matt who was responsible for getting me FCP gear, booked places for me to stay, and so much more. He really made me feel like a VIP. I'm sure there's other people in FCP who worked behind the scenes and I'd like to thank them as well. I obviously want to thank Daniel too for giving me some tips on poker. As well, I want to say thanks to all the people who posted words of encouragement and constructive criticisms. The comments of encouragement really made my day and the constructive criticisms really improved my play (it wasn't meant to rhyme...). So what's next for me you may ask? Well, seeing how I didn't win a cent from all this :club: and how no one wants to buy my FCP gear, jk (no I'm not, drop me a line for your very own worn and signed Protege merchandise, limited supplies, act fast), I'm desperately looking for a job...Right now I'm looking at starting as a bank teller or full time high school tutor and then later passing some exams or getting some certifications. Shameless plug: So if you know any suitable jobs for a Math grad in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area, for the non-Southern Ontarionians out there, ie. everyone), drop me a pm. I'll still be lurking around posting sporadically.

Hey Anthony. Sorry the WSOP wasn't kinder to you, but you can't say it wasn't the ride of a lifetime! I certainly enjoyed meeting and having dinner with you, Sandi and Kurt in Vegas. And Matt is the shiz-nit, no doubt. He also helped me out a ton during last years WSOP too...great guy.I hope you find your way soon and are successful in whatever road you choose. I still think accounting is the direction for you, and it just happened to be selected by Forbes as the top 5 most in demand professions for the future. Good luck to you and see you around the forums!Scott :club:

I wish you the best of luck Anthony and sorry the WSOP didn't go the very best for you, but I hope you had fun in Vegas while you were there(besides being a bazillion degrees). Like Scott said, I hope you well in the accounting field, but keep playing poker!!!I'll catch ya around. Good luck and take care buddy.

Yeah, It would've been nice to be able to set aside part of the 40k and use it for my bankroll. I would've made like a blog about my progress with it. That'd be interesting. The guy who rivered you made some more ridiculous plays and kept sucking out. I'm sure everyone had their eyes on his money. I lost in every cash game I played in Vegas and did slightly better in tournaments (but that was just pure luck as they were small buy-in ones). My bad luck culminated in my last hand of my last cash game where apparently according to Poker Tools on Cardplayer, he only had 1.67% chance of winning. Anyway, I forgot to add that it was nice meeting some of the people from the forums. That was really cool.

hey anthony i wanna say awsome job over all wish u wlda hit some big wins but im sure many in time will come, good luck on all u endure and hope to see u win some big events in the future mase

Yeah, It would've been nice to be able to set aside part of the 40k and use it for my bankroll. I would've made like a blog about my progress with it. That'd be interesting. That would have been a cool idea. I would've like to see the progress of that.
And Matt is the shiz-nit, no doubt. He also helped me out a ton during last years WSOP too...great guy.
Here here. Matt's superfantabulous and helped me out a bunch during last year's WSOP as well. Mattie, mattie, wherefore art thou Mattie?? Miss ya on the forums.

Hey congrats on being the Protege. I'm just curious how much poker instruction you got from Daniel out of it. Like, do you feel you've grown significantly, or what is more of monetary prize that you won?Mark

Fwiw, I was the one who was on your side about the QQ hand!Ask Daniel for more money.
You have a special place in my heart...as for the rest of you, consider yourselves to be on my hit list...But yeah, it's cool. If I wasn't flamed so badly for that hand I would've totally dismissed that hand. It really got me thinking.I'd ask Daniel, but he's as broke as I am. That's why he's grinding it out with me at the micro limits on Pokerstars.
Hey congrats on being the Protege. I'm just curious how much poker instruction you got from Daniel out of it. Like, do you feel you've grown significantly, or what is more of monetary prize that you won?Mark
Well unfortunately Daniel was quite busy during the WSOP with Pokerstars and playing in most events so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him. He gave me tips here and there and if I had any questions I'd e-mail him. I certainly think I've improved since December through more experience as well as reading books. I don't really get your other question.
You have a special place in my heart...as for the rest of you, consider yourselves to be on my hit list...But yeah, it's cool. If I wasn't flamed so badly for that hand I would've totally dismissed that hand. It really got me thinking.I'd ask Daniel, but he's as broke as I am. That's why he's grinding it out with me at the micro limits on Pokerstars.Well unfortunately Daniel was quite busy during the WSOP with Pokerstars and playing in most events so I didn't really get a chance to talk to him. He gave me tips here and there and if I had any questions I'd e-mail him. I certainly think I've improved since December through more experience as well as reading books. I don't really get your other question.
Somehow I don't believe this..
Somehow I don't believe this..
Before any rumors start flying, I was obviously kidding about Daniel being broke. He is definitely well off and as far as I know, he just plays low stakes for fun. I hope the rest of you got the joke. Unless you were talking about me being broke, which, sadly, is very much true. I don't even have money to play at the micro limits for a while.
AnothonYYYyayyayy I know you !!!! Good luck in all that you do !
Thanks, It seems I didn't really meet that many people from FCP in Vegas. Then again, I guess not many people went or played in Vegas.
Before any rumors start flying, I was obviously kidding about Daniel being broke. He is definitely well off and as far as I know, he just plays low stakes for fun. I hope the rest of you got the joke. Unless you were talking about me being broke, which, sadly, is very much true. I don't even have money to play at the micro limits for a while.Thanks, It seems I didn't really meet that many people from FCP in Vegas. Then again, I guess not many people went or played in Vegas.
I got the joke.There were quite a few FCPers there, but kinda spread out. And you met me, and that's all that really matters, lol.

Im new here but I heard abouut this promotion with FCP... but i cant believe daniel would run such a promotion and not even sit with you for a day or so.... I know He is busy but why run this promotion and not truly honor what it was suppose to be about.... not just buy ins for events..... Well none the less man GL on your future ventures and hope one day you will make it and remember that many PROS have or have been BROKE many times before they made it to the big time... and even still some go back to being broke.... The important thing is to get introduced to the right crowd and maybe being able to be backed....

Im new here but I heard abouut this promotion with FCP... but i cant believe daniel would run such a promotion and not even sit with you for a day or so.... I know He is busy but why run this promotion and not truly honor what it was suppose to be about.... not just buy ins for events..... Well none the less man GL on your future ventures and hope one day you will make it and remember that many PROS have or have been BROKE many times before they made it to the big time... and even still some go back to being broke.... The important thing is to get introduced to the right crowd and maybe being able to be backed....
It does sound like DN didnt really keep his end of the bargain here. Poker protege? seems like FCP just bought him into a couple tournies and wished him luck.

We should all be so unlucky to go through such a harrowing experience of multiple WSOP buy ins combined with occasional playing tips and reinforcement from a top pro.250px-614_image_06.jpgI'd sign up for said pain.