Introduction Davina Darr

Hi everybody!I´m new here - and new to poker in general.Since two months I´m registered at pokerstars.com. And I love it.I have a feeling, that I improve every day and getting better.Still, do you have any starter tips for me? How can I become really good?Something about myself: I´m German but currently living in Dublin, Ireland.My profession is audio-visual media producer, but here in Dublin I work for Yahoo!.The only poker game I know is Texas Hold Em and I still need to learn other variations.Looking forward to learning to know the poker community.All the best and good luck! :club:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fold preflop*** EDIT ***Oh wait, you sound serious, so I'll give you a serious answer.-Welcome to FCP, it's a great community. When you're looking to shoot the shit or chat about poker casually, come to the General Forum.-When you seek advice about certain hands that you've played, or want to read some deep discussion on some difficult situations that arise during a poker hand, go check out the Strategy Forums.-Here's a useful thread that gives you a list of online poker resources: Poker Tools, Player Resources-To improve your game, read *everything*: poker strategy books, online forums, etc. I suggest that you consider joining Cardrunners and/or PokerXFactor. Also if you play online and don't have Pokertracker yet, get it.

we let ally slip away. now lets be a little bit more polite guys. the poll did say like .5% female here.

Any book by Dan Harrington will help. Lee Jones has a holdem book that is great. Some donk, Daniel Negreanu, has a book that you can probably purchase here. Good luck.

Who else is from Ireland?
Jam-Fly.I'm from England, but I have Irish blood.I wish I was chrozzo and could jus fill up boring posts with:1)hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii2)weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee3)ogm im atc so dknrb riety now
Still, do you have any starter tips for me? How can I become really good?
If you really want to learn, you're really going to have to play a lot of hands. When you do so, really think about the hands that you play, concentrate on other players, try to figure out what they are doing and why they're doing it, and be able to explain your decision making at all times.If you want to learn from these forums, go to the strategy section. Read the hands that are posted, think about them, and then read the responses that people have. There are some very smart people in the strategy sections, and they can explain their reasoning very well. Try to really understand the reasoning presented.Read some books, too. They help by telling you how you should be thinking when playing poker and the best ways to make decisions while playing.Also, feel free to ignore 95% of people in the general poker forum. Feel free to talk about nothing for hours in the off topic forum.Good luck.