Featured Table: Scotty Nguyen Eliminated in 11th Place ($476,926)He's gone! Talk about one of the biggest blow-up's ever.
definately way up there on the list. Honestly though, how many people can get away from the AQ hand? Pretty sick cooler at a short handed table...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really surprising. He was basically GUARANTEED the FT, and decided to bluff 85% of his chips away at the biggest poker event in the world. Mind boggling.
Well, be fair. He bluffed of like 1/3rd of his stack and then ran head on into a fokkin set. It was actually set up really nice. He probably had a steamer image right after that hand and he TRAPPED with that AQ and got ice boxed.I'm sooooo fokkin saaad :club:

Noooooooooooo Scotty :(Scotty Nguyen Takes the MicrophoneScotty Nguyen finishes his ESPN exit interview, and he is handed a microphone to address the crowd. This is nearly word-for-word what he said (you'll have to do your best to imagine it in Scotty's voice):"First, I want to congratulate all the players here, and I wish the best to all of you. But the most important thing is, I want to thank the fans. Without you guys, we wouldn't have Scotty Nguyen. We're disappointed, but let me tell you, you guys gave me all I need."At this point, a woman screamed out, "We love you!"Scotty continued:"I want to thank ESPN, the Bluff, the whole crews, the whole staff, and everybody here. I wish I could give you more, but for 2007 [he pronounced it as "two-thousand-oh-oh-seven"], that's the end of me. I'll see you back here in 2008."

Nothing spells ratings and excitement like Lee Watkinson.
Yes, Lee Watkinson is not the most exciting person to watch. But Im totally rooting for the guy to win. I mean honestly, he would be considered one of the greatest.How awesome would your poker credentials be if it were...Winner of the 2006 $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha ChampionshipANDWinner of the 2007 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em ChampionshipHe could basically play like a donk for the rest of his life and still be considered a great.
Yes, Lee Watkinson is not the most exciting person to watch. But Im totally rooting for the guy to win. I mean honestly, he would be considered one of the greatest.How awesome would your poker credentials be if it were...Winner of the 2006 $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha ChampionshipANDWinner of the 2007 $10,000 No Limit Hold'em ChampionshipHe could basically play like a donk for the rest of his life and still be considered a great.
And those chimps would be swimming in birthday cake and ice cream!Seriously, though, I'm not arguing Watkinson's merits. He's an obscenely talented poker player. He is still to this day owed mega karma for taking 2nd to Ted Lawson in that luckbox atrocity referred to as the WSOP 2004 PLO event.

Oh well, PPV woulda had a repeat customer if Scotty was in. I couldn't stand Phil Gordon's commentary last year. It was the worst. But with Scotty in it, I woulda re-upped this year regardless.Not now.

Robert Varkonyi returns in dramatic fashion2002 ME champ Robert Varkonyi was seen lurking around the final 2 tables last night.. He especially started to pester Lee Childs and repeatedly told Lee that "He will gladly take his place at the FT tommorow" (as if already knowing Lee was going to make it to FT, one sick customer Mr. Varkonyi).. Lee Childs demanded that the 2002 champ be removed from the Rio. Varkonyi did not fight back and soon left the room.In an unrelated story, Lee Childs was found dead this morning in his hotel room. The cause of death is uncertain, but his head was reportedly shoved up his ***, and the letters ROBVARK were scarred into his chest. A note was left by his body stating "Please allow Robert Varkonyi to take my place at the final table Tuesday night."Seat 2 is now occupied by the one and only, Robert Varkonyi.The FT better watch out tomorrow night!

Robert Varkonyi returns in dramatic fashion2002 ME champ Robert Varkonyi was seen lurking around the final 2 tables last night.. He especially started to pester Lee Childs and repeatedly told Lee that "He will gladly take his place at the FT tommorow" (as if already knowing Lee was going to make it to FT, one sick customer Mr. Varkonyi).. Lee Childs demanded that the 2002 champ be removed from the Rio. Varkonyi did not fight back and soon left the room.In an unrelated story, Lee Childs was found dead this morning in his hotel room. The cause of death is uncertain, but his head was reportedly shoved up his ***, and the letters ROBVARK were scarred into his chest. A note was left by his body stating "Please allow Robert Varkonyi to take my place at the final table Tuesday night."Seat 2 is now occupied by the one and only, Robert Varkonyi.The FT better watch out tomorrow night!
Ummmm......what?
You've got the wrong Nguyen. That was Men Nguyen that had people dump to him before.
Ahem, don't confuse the issue with facts but go with the gut (Stephen Colbert) and remember that Asian guys get no respect (Daniel Negreanu) so stop this truthiness... he was on a roll and we all know that if one is suspected of cheating, they all do!Hey, Jerry Yang is on the final table, of course that's not Yahoo! billionaire Jerry, is it? lol, cheater...