PokerStars Game #10784976454: Tournament #54660637, $12+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2007/07/05 - 16:59:26 (ET)Table '54660637 1' 6-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 4: KieHa (5715 in chips) Seat 6: pustadaniel (3285 in chips) KieHa: posts small blind 75pustadaniel: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to pustadaniel [4c As]KieHa: raises 150 to 300pustadaniel: calls 150*** FLOP *** [Ts Js 9s]KieHa said, "ty gg"pustadaniel said, "lol"pustadaniel: checks KieHa: bets 150pustadaniel: calls 150*** TURN *** [Ts Js 9s] [Ks]pustadaniel: checks KieHa: bets 150pustadaniel: calls 150*** RIVER *** [Ts Js 9s Ks] [Qs]pustadaniel: bets 2685 and is all-inKieHa said, "flopped a astr8.."KieHa: folds pustadaniel collected 1200 from potpustadaniel said, "str flush on board dumbass"pustadaniel: doesn't show hand *** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1200 | Rake 0 Board [Ts Js 9s Ks Qs]Seat 4: KieHa (button) (small blind) folded on the RiverSeat 6: pustadaniel (big blind) collected (1200)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pustadaniel said, "str flush on board dumbass"
Why resort to name calling? I can't stand players that act like azzholes like that. Oh, well. gb
Why resort to name calling? I can't stand players that act like azzholes like that. Oh, well. gb
Especially since it was unnecessary. The guy was saying "I flopped a straight that is clearly no longer good. Sucks to be me."Not really a good bet - the guy folded (although it was doubtful he would have called much of anything).

Looks like an excellent laydown to me...no lol.As already posted, worst value bet ever and the tap tap tap on the glass afterward was a fine touch.

What is it with donks and overbetting the pot when you get a "board that will usually play" (like the one in OP, or say they have a naked 9 and they move in on a 8-7-6-5-4 board)... I see it WAY too much... it only works like 3 out of every 10 times (basically whenever you get an idiot who doesn't understand he's calling all-in to BEST CASE chop).

die glass tapper
to be fair, his donkishness and arrogant *** attitutude aside, seeing as to how pustadaniel has a negative ROI (although only slightly) perhaps he is just one of the fish that enjoys the glass being tapped; maybe this was his infrequent win that keeps him coming back, so we should celebrate it;SW
What is it with donks and overbetting the pot when you get a "board that will usually play" (like the one in OP, or say they have a naked 9 and they move in on a 8-7-6-5-4 board)... I see it WAY too much... it only works like 3 out of every 10 times (basically whenever you get an idiot who doesn't understand he's calling all-in to BEST CASE chop).
what is wrong with you... only one card in the whole deck beats that board so what are you talking about its not like there is a str8 on board its a str8 flush and he didn't even notice or he would of called..
to be fair, his donkishness and arrogant *** attitutude aside, seeing as to how pustadaniel has a negative ROI (although only slightly) perhaps he is just one of the fish that enjoys the glass being tapped; maybe this was his infrequent win that keeps him coming back, so we should celebrate it;SW
?yea yea, but what have u done im up +300 on sngs and ive won over 2k in tourney winngs what have u done?

The overbet is one of the "classic" weak player bets out there. You see them do it with stone nuts, top boats, HUGE hands, where they overbet the river by a large amount. Their logic is usually this: "I'm a genius, he will think I'm stealing, so I'll bet something really ridiculously huge and he'll call and I'll pwn him."They have no concept of the intricacies of "value land", "value city", or my personal favorite "value town." It's one of the easiest bets to read, and even on the rare occassion it's a bluff (it RARELY if ever is), the better player can still recover and take the chips later on. I know it's not a strategy post, but for those who are learning, the river nuts overbet allin is NOT a good play as you move up. It may work occassionally against really weak competition, but it ceases to work at the higher levels.There is even a quote by the great Hellmuth who says "This isn't online buddy, you can't just go all in and expect to get paid."Hehe, so true. You gotta earn it!!

The overbet is one of the "classic" weak player bets out there. You see them do it with stone nuts, top boats, HUGE hands, where they overbet the river by a large amount. Their logic is usually this: "I'm a genius, he will think I'm stealing, so I'll bet something really ridiculously huge and he'll call and I'll pwn him."They have no concept of the intricacies of "value land", "value city", or my personal favorite "value town." It's one of the easiest bets to read, and even on the rare occassion it's a bluff (it RARELY if ever is), the better player can still recover and take the chips later on. I know it's not a strategy post, but for those who are learning, the river nuts overbet allin is NOT a good play as you move up. It may work occassionally against really weak competition, but it ceases to work at the higher levels.There is even a quote by the great Hellmuth who says "This isn't online buddy, you can't just go all in and expect to get paid."Hehe, so true. You gotta earn it!!
Exactly. The guy only has 600 in the pot. Why risk most of his stack on at best a chop? You've asked him to call 2685 to win 600.
what is wrong with you... only TWO card in the whole deck beats that board so what are you talking about its not like there is a str8 on board its a str8 flush and he didn't even notice or he would of called..
FYP

so you guys are talking **** because i called him a dumbass the reason i called him a dumb *** is because he was being an *** to everyone at the table, and everyone here thats saying im a donk for making that move i just LOl @ you

so you guys are talking **** because i called him a dumbass the reason i called him a dumb *** is because he was being an *** to everyone at the table, and everyone here thats saying im a donk for making that move i just LOl @ you
Donk!