Reckless Driving Help

Ive gotten off 3 times. 2 DUI and one reckless driving. Its probably to late for you but for the future this is what you do.When he comes to your window have your license and insurance ready and say "hello officer is there a problem." He will say "you were going way over the speed limit and I have to give you a reckless driving ticket or DUI."You say " I'm very sorry officer, maybe we can work something else out." At this point you give him the universal **** sucking sign. Push you cheek out with your tongue repeatedly while cupping your hand in front of your mouth while moving it back and forth.If he doesnt oblige, kindly and respectfully say "well maybe some penis on the back or buttsecks would work better for you." I also like to throw in a comment like "I will call you daddy, big blue, or dirty pig while you pound me." This almost always works. You have to give him what you offered and you might be sore for a couple of days but this beats the hell out of community service. I even had an officer after it was all said and done give me his number and follow me home to make sure I made it safe as I was drunk. By the way he gave me a reach around while he was pounding me so it took my mind off the pain in my *** a little bit.If all this fails and he does not take the bait you simply yell three times "Phil Hellmuth is a poker God and will be for all time and eternity". If it gets to this point this will work 99% of the time.You could try this in the courtroom although, I dont recommend it. In my experience Judges and DA's tend to shy away from the bj's and butsecks in their courtrooms. If you can somehow make it to the judges chambers or the DA's office you have a much better chance. Also they tend to be DN fans so the Phil Hellmuth cheer rarely works.GL
I don't know what I would do without your advice. Thanks man!
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped reading after page 2... Dude, you're screwed.However, since you asked, I do have some experience with being charged with wreckless driving.I'm on a road with 2 lanes in my direction and lots of stop lights. As I accelerate with the pack from one of these many stop lights and approach speed, I notice I'm being BADLY tailgated. A little black Q45 sitting at most a foot off my rear bumper. So as I usually do, I actually ease off the accelerator a bit. Tailgating me does not make me go faster or get out of your way. It makes me go slower.We were 2 cars wide, 10-12 cars deep and another red light less than a mile away. Where did this person think they were going?Anyway, the tailgating continued. So I tapped the breaks. Just to get the break lights to come on. Still didn't back off me. So I actually hit the breaks enough to slow my car. Continued to tailgate me.... Holy crap, how do I get this car to get more than a foot off my a$$.Eventually,there gets to be enough room in front of me... like 5 car lengths, that the Q45 decides they HAVE to get in it. The car behind me pulls into the other lane, even though overlapped with the car in that lane, forcing that car to swirve and slam the breaks to keep the Q45 from pulling into the side of him. The Q45 then pulls up beside me, and while still overlapped with me by several feet, pulls into my lane, forcing me to swirve and slam the breaks to keep the Q45 from pulling into the side of me.Now I'm pissed!!!!! So I tailgate the Q45 back. Not a foot or less like she was giving me, but a couple feet. So... yep, I'm guilty of tailgating.So, the Q45 starts doing the stomp on the breaks in front of me thing. I get into the other lane... We come to a stop light, and my lane has fewer cars, so I end up in front of the Q45. When we go green, I pull over in front of the car in front of the Q45. Soon, the car between pulls over. Now the Q45 is tailgating me again.I stop playing games, and just match my speed to the car beside me. We go a few more red lights, and come to where I have to turn. I make my left turn, and as I'm turning, the Q45 turns inside of me, using the oncoming lane to pass me. The Q45 then pulls in front of me and slames its beaks hard. I change lanes. It changes lanes and agains hits its breaks. We're now doig 25 in a 45 mph road. I slow down more. The Q45 slows down more. Now we're doing 15 in a 45. I change lanes, it changes lanes. Finally, I change lanes, and start accelerating. For the 4th time, the Q45 pulls over in front of me and slams its breaks. I slam my breaks, lock the tires, and bamm... we hit.Because we're both hard on the breaks and rocked forward, my bumper goes under the Q45's bumper. It's bumper hit me right in the grill, busting the plastic grill and shoving the hood of my car back just enough that it won't unlatch. Not even really enough to cause it to buckle up... It was less than 5 mph hit, and only damage to the Q45 was to create an impression of my lecense plate into its plastic bumper cover.Finally, I meet the driver. An 18 y/o high school girl. blonde, blue eyes, fake boobs, cheerleader type.A witness stops. Cops come. I tell 100% the truth, admitting that I tailgated her after she tailgated me and cut me off.I get charged with unsafe lane change, following too closely, and wreckless driving.Weeks go by and I get the police report.The cop got the speed limit worng, saying it was 35 instead of 45. Got the direction of travel wrong east vs. west. Got the lanes incorrect, sayng I was in the right lane when she pulled in front of me. I was in the left. Damage to the cars shows the cops diagram is wrong. Got the length of the skip marks off by 50%. Said the road was dry, when me, the other driver, and the witness all said it was damp from recent sprinkle.The other driver's statement was a complete joke. Where were you going. Boyfirend's. But that is the other direction. Taking a shortcut. Why did you change lanes and slam on your breaks. Decided to go another way, and wanted to make a left. But, the road where she claimed she wanted to turn was a T to a right and marked no U, so she COULDN'T turn there. Probably why the cop assumed she was pulling into the right lane instead of the left.The witness "what did you see" is left totally blank. Just filled in the basics, like where it happend, how fast we were going, contact info, etc.To prove the cop's diagram is wrong, I go find the car at the registered owners. I talk to the owner. The driver is his ex-step daughter. She'd been arrested for underage drunk driving a week before her run in with me. He took her car from her, so she took his car (the Q45) without permission. He had to hire a repo man to get his own car back from her. In the two weeks she had the car, she was in 3 accidents. He let me take pics of the damage from the 3 accidents, including my license plate number in the rear that proved the cop's diagram of the accident was wrong.So, I go to court araignment sure that the wreckless driving will be dropped due to all these issues with the police report and NO evidence against me except my statement where I admit to tailgating. Nope. They offer to drop the two civil charges if I plead guilty to the criminal wreckless driving. Ummmm... NOT GUILTY. So I get drug into the back room for finger printing and what felt a lot like being "booked" for a crime... Oh, guess what. Wreckless driving IS A CRIME!So, I wait a couple weeks to when I actually get to talk to a prosecuter. No change. They'll drop the civil if I plead to the criminal. Do I want a jury trial or judge? But it will cost me more for a lawyer than to just be guilty..... "Exactly" says the prosecuter with a sly "gotcha" smile. So, plead guilty or pay way more to get a lawyer and fight and possible lose.So, I talk to a couple lawyers. They all tell me, in effect, you're going to be found guilty of wreckless driving and all I can do is negotiate how many points I'll get, for how long, in hopes I won't lose my license should I get even minor ticket in the next 3 years.So... I figure it ALL comes down to what the witness will say. Rather than droppig thousands on a lawyer, I drop $350 on a private investigator to interview the witness. When the PI report comes back, it is SOOOOO favorable to me. This witness had seen the Q45 tailgate and cut people off for miles before she did it to me. Says I never changed lanes unsafely. Says I was doing everything I could to get away from her. That she was intent on causing an accident.So, I submit this to the prosecuter and make an appointment to meet with her. Oh, I also took the driver's safety class in hopes I'd get it dropped to the tailgating, and that would be wiped by the class. $100+.So, I meet with the prosecuter. I say I want a jury trial. Based on the COMPLETE and utter lack of evidence against me, she offeres to drop the two civil charges and drop the criminal to "failure to control speed to avoid a collision". But I was doing less than 25 in a 45 zone. Law doesn't care. I hit her, and the law says I can't hit her. But she was doing everything she could to make me hit her. Doesn't matter. Law says I can't hit her, no matter what, and I hit her. Okay, I took the class, so it wipes out the one charge, right? Nope. She (prosecuter) needs me to pay the max fine to keep up her conviction rate.CRAP!!! I plead responsible to the civil, failure to control speed. Prosecuter thanks me for the PI report because with it, the girl immediatly pled guilty to her own wreckless driving charge, in excahge for a couple of her civil charges being drpped. So, I pay the max $400 fine for the failure to control speed, AND I paid a PI to do what the cop should have done, and I paid for traffic school for nothing.Then my insurance jumps about $50 a month for the next 3 years because I have this failure to control speed on my record.AND, I couldn't file a claim with my insurance, or my rates would have gone up even more. The Q45 owner also didn't file a claim, not wanting his insurance to find out about it. So, I sold the car for about $1000 less than it other wise would have been worth because of the damage.All in all, it cost me about $4000... And I didn't even do what I was charged with. Cop saw nothing, had no evidence against me. AND, I was as polite as possible to the cop, who repeatedly thanked me for being honest... but informed me that she had to charge me due to the preasure from above to tighten down on "road rage" incidents.If you were actually doing 90+. bend over. apply lube.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and I think the cop realized it afterwards. I told him it's just the way I talk. I don't talk to anyone with a yessir, nossir. It might be generational. Only when I'm down south do I hear people talk in a yessir/nossir fashion still. I guess it's common in law enforcement and in the military still, but up where I live it's like non-existent in these situations. I know now that if I ever get pulled over again to use that terminology though.
i guess there is no common courtesy where you live? Its souldnt have anything to do with where you live its called being decent. Its not your boyfriend that you are talking too, its a cop! who has your balls in the palm of his hands and can squeeze pretty hard if he feels like it. You should be kissing his *** . I got pulled over the other day while running out to the bank from work , something i do daily and is literally around the corner. I wasnt wearing a seat belt when i got pulled over. I was nothing but respectful, and being nice to the guy he gave me some seatbelt infraction that didnt neccesarily mean i wasnt wearing one, something along the lines of "improper assembly of seatbelt" all it meant was i got the same fine but no points which is all i was worried about. If i acted like a prick or that i didnt care he would have made it worse. being nice to a cop goes a loooong way.
So, I submit this to the prosecuter and make an appointment to meet with her. Cop saw nothing, had no evidence against me. AND, I was as polite as possible to the cop, who repeatedly thanked me for being honest... but informed me that she had to charge me due to the preasure from above to tighten down on "road rage" incidents.
Not to be mysoginistic, but I think I have an idea of where your problems stem from...........Any guy that's ever driven a car would understand your story and call bullshit on the bimbo blonde. Girls have to stick together.
Not to be mysoginistic,
I could use a good mysog. Or POB. Err... I mean... nevermind.
[...Road rage incident details....]
The lesson from this one has nothing to do with police or prosecutors. The lesson is if someone tries to involve you in their road rage, call 911 immediately, and get as far away from the person as you can. And if someone is tailgating you to pass, remember: you are not the speed enforcement division. Get out of the way.Between the OP and this incident, this thread is a testament to the lack of common sense in the world.
Ive gotten off 3 times. 2 DUI and one reckless driving. Its probably to late for you but for the future this is what you do.When he comes to your window have your license and insurance ready and say "hello officer is there a problem." He will say "you were going way over the speed limit and I have to give you a reckless driving ticket or DUI."You say " I'm very sorry officer, maybe we can work something else out." At this point you give him the universal **** sucking sign. Push you cheek out with your tongue repeatedly while cupping your hand in front of your mouth while moving it back and forth.If he doesnt oblige, kindly and respectfully say "well maybe some penis on the back or buttsecks would work better for you." I also like to throw in a comment like "I will call you daddy, big blue, or dirty pig while you pound me." This almost always works. You have to give him what you offered and you might be sore for a couple of days but this beats the hell out of community service. I even had an officer after it was all said and done give me his number and follow me home to make sure I made it safe as I was drunk. By the way he gave me a reach around while he was pounding me so it took my mind off the pain in my *** a little bit.If all this fails and he does not take the bait you simply yell three times "Phil Hellmuth is a poker God and will be for all time and eternity". If it gets to this point this will work 99% of the time.You could try this in the courtroom although, I dont recommend it. In my experience Judges and DA's tend to shy away from the bj's and butsecks in their courtrooms. If you can somehow make it to the judges chambers or the DA's office you have a much better chance. Also they tend to be DN fans so the Phil Hellmuth cheer rarely works.GL
Correct, sir.
Do you use it for anyone else though? I don't think that cops should think that they're so special they deserve those titles. I don't talk to any of my elders like that. I respect the fact that they have to enforce the law, but I don't feel that they deserve more respect then I give anybody else. Maybe I'm the only person here who feels that way, but that's how I feel. It don't matter though, because it's not changing anything.
Wow. Your parents must be so proud. :club: When you were 5 did you call your parents by their first names ? Going through school, did you call your teachers by their first names ? No , because those people were in positions of authority over you.The police officer has a position of authority over you too.Nice grammar. Since when do they speak jive turkey in Connecticut ?
How do you know so much about sex if you have only gotten off 3 times ? :club:
I stopped reading after page 2... Dude, you're screwed.However, since you asked, I do have some experience with being charged with wreckless driving.I'm on a road with 2 lanes in my direction and lots of stop lights. As I accelerate with the pack from one of these many stop lights and approach speed, I notice I'm being BADLY tailgated. A little black Q45 sitting at most a foot off my rear bumper. So as I usually do, I actually ease off the accelerator a bit. Tailgating me does not make me go faster or get out of your way. It makes me go slower.We were 2 cars wide, 10-12 cars deep and another red light less than a mile away. Where did this person think they were going?Anyway, the tailgating continued. So I tapped the breaks. Just to get the break lights to come on. Still didn't back off me. So I actually hit the breaks enough to slow my car. Continued to tailgate me.... Holy crap, how do I get this car to get more than a foot off my a$$.Eventually,there gets to be enough room in front of me... like 5 car lengths, that the Q45 decides they HAVE to get in it. The car behind me pulls into the other lane, even though overlapped with the car in that lane, forcing that car to swirve and slam the breaks to keep the Q45 from pulling into the side of him. The Q45 then pulls up beside me, and while still overlapped with me by several feet, pulls into my lane, forcing me to swirve and slam the breaks to keep the Q45 from pulling into the side of me.Now I'm pissed!!!!! So I tailgate the Q45 back. Not a foot or less like she was giving me, but a couple feet. So... yep, I'm guilty of tailgating.So, the Q45 starts doing the stomp on the breaks in front of me thing. I get into the other lane... We come to a stop light, and my lane has fewer cars, so I end up in front of the Q45. When we go green, I pull over in front of the car in front of the Q45. Soon, the car between pulls over. Now the Q45 is tailgating me again.I stop playing games, and just match my speed to the car beside me. We go a few more red lights, and come to where I have to turn. I make my left turn, and as I'm turning, the Q45 turns inside of me, using the oncoming lane to pass me. The Q45 then pulls in front of me and slames its beaks hard. I change lanes. It changes lanes and agains hits its breaks. We're now doig 25 in a 45 mph road. I slow down more. The Q45 slows down more. Now we're doing 15 in a 45. I change lanes, it changes lanes. Finally, I change lanes, and start accelerating. For the 4th time, the Q45 pulls over in front of me and slams its breaks. I slam my breaks, lock the tires, and bamm... we hit.Because we're both hard on the breaks and rocked forward, my bumper goes under the Q45's bumper. It's bumper hit me right in the grill, busting the plastic grill and shoving the hood of my car back just enough that it won't unlatch. Not even really enough to cause it to buckle up... It was less than 5 mph hit, and only damage to the Q45 was to create an impression of my lecense plate into its plastic bumper cover.Finally, I meet the driver. An 18 y/o high school girl. blonde, blue eyes, fake boobs, cheerleader type.A witness stops. Cops come. I tell 100% the truth, admitting that I tailgated her after she tailgated me and cut me off.I get charged with unsafe lane change, following too closely, and wreckless driving.Weeks go by and I get the police report.The cop got the speed limit worng, saying it was 35 instead of 45. Got the direction of travel wrong east vs. west. Got the lanes incorrect, sayng I was in the right lane when she pulled in front of me. I was in the left. Damage to the cars shows the cops diagram is wrong. Got the length of the skip marks off by 50%. Said the road was dry, when me, the other driver, and the witness all said it was damp from recent sprinkle.The other driver's statement was a complete joke. Where were you going. Boyfirend's. But that is the other direction. Taking a shortcut. Why did you change lanes and slam on your breaks. Decided to go another way, and wanted to make a left. But, the road where she claimed she wanted to turn was a T to a right and marked no U, so she COULDN'T turn there. Probably why the cop assumed she was pulling into the right lane instead of the left.The witness "what did you see" is left totally blank. Just filled in the basics, like where it happend, how fast we were going, contact info, etc.To prove the cop's diagram is wrong, I go find the car at the registered owners. I talk to the owner. The driver is his ex-step daughter. She'd been arrested for underage drunk driving a week before her run in with me. He took her car from her, so she took his car (the Q45) without permission. He had to hire a repo man to get his own car back from her. In the two weeks she had the car, she was in 3 accidents. He let me take pics of the damage from the 3 accidents, including my license plate number in the rear that proved the cop's diagram of the accident was wrong.So, I go to court araignment sure that the wreckless driving will be dropped due to all these issues with the police report and NO evidence against me except my statement where I admit to tailgating. Nope. They offer to drop the two civil charges if I plead guilty to the criminal wreckless driving. Ummmm... NOT GUILTY. So I get drug into the back room for finger printing and what felt a lot like being "booked" for a crime... Oh, guess what. Wreckless driving IS A CRIME!So, I wait a couple weeks to when I actually get to talk to a prosecuter. No change. They'll drop the civil if I plead to the criminal. Do I want a jury trial or judge? But it will cost me more for a lawyer than to just be guilty..... "Exactly" says the prosecuter with a sly "gotcha" smile. So, plead guilty or pay way more to get a lawyer and fight and possible lose.So, I talk to a couple lawyers. They all tell me, in effect, you're going to be found guilty of wreckless driving and all I can do is negotiate how many points I'll get, for how long, in hopes I won't lose my license should I get even minor ticket in the next 3 years.So... I figure it ALL comes down to what the witness will say. Rather than droppig thousands on a lawyer, I drop $350 on a private investigator to interview the witness. When the PI report comes back, it is SOOOOO favorable to me. This witness had seen the Q45 tailgate and cut people off for miles before she did it to me. Says I never changed lanes unsafely. Says I was doing everything I could to get away from her. That she was intent on causing an accident.So, I submit this to the prosecuter and make an appointment to meet with her. Oh, I also took the driver's safety class in hopes I'd get it dropped to the tailgating, and that would be wiped by the class. $100+.So, I meet with the prosecuter. I say I want a jury trial. Based on the COMPLETE and utter lack of evidence against me, she offeres to drop the two civil charges and drop the criminal to "failure to control speed to avoid a collision". But I was doing less than 25 in a 45 zone. Law doesn't care. I hit her, and the law says I can't hit her. But she was doing everything she could to make me hit her. Doesn't matter. Law says I can't hit her, no matter what, and I hit her. Okay, I took the class, so it wipes out the one charge, right? Nope. She (prosecuter) needs me to pay the max fine to keep up her conviction rate.CRAP!!! I plead responsible to the civil, failure to control speed. Prosecuter thanks me for the PI report because with it, the girl immediatly pled guilty to her own wreckless driving charge, in excahge for a couple of her civil charges being drpped. So, I pay the max $400 fine for the failure to control speed, AND I paid a PI to do what the cop should have done, and I paid for traffic school for nothing.Then my insurance jumps about $50 a month for the next 3 years because I have this failure to control speed on my record.AND, I couldn't file a claim with my insurance, or my rates would have gone up even more. The Q45 owner also didn't file a claim, not wanting his insurance to find out about it. So, I sold the car for about $1000 less than it other wise would have been worth because of the damage.All in all, it cost me about $4000... And I didn't even do what I was charged with. Cop saw nothing, had no evidence against me. AND, I was as polite as possible to the cop, who repeatedly thanked me for being honest... but informed me that she had to charge me due to the preasure from above to tighten down on "road rage" incidents.If you were actually doing 90+. bend over. apply lube.
"Reckless"
I stopped reading after page 2... Dude, you're screwed.
It humors me how people post this as if it lends them any credibility other than "I'm too lazy to read this whole discussion, but please listen to what I have to say. O'Doyle Rules."That's all.
It humors me how people post this as if it lends them any credibility other than "I'm too lazy to read this whole discussion, but please listen to what I have to say. O'Doyle Rules."That's all.
Nice!
It humors me how people post this as if it lends them any credibility other than "I'm too lazy to read this whole discussion, but please listen to what I have to say."
I wasn' t looking for credibility. Just explaining why my post was so out of line with the flow of the conversation.First two pages were nothing but, "you're an idiot", "you're a spoiled brat", and "suck it up and take it like a man". I didn't feel like reading 5 more pages of that. I assumed there would be developemnts I was unaware of. Like maybe he'd wised up, gotten a lawyer, and threw himself on the mercy of the court, and therefore, no longer cared to hear from peope with experience.
I kindly and respectfully would like to have butsex with you.
Not to be mysoginistic, but I think I have an idea of where your problems stem from...........Any guy that's ever driven a car would understand your story and call bullshit on the bimbo blonde. Girls have to stick together.
It wasn't girls sticking together. They nailed the 18 y/o bimbo to the wall too. It is about quotas.... For the cop, the bosses demand they crack down on it, so she saw an oppertunity to write me up for it... and writing me up for it strenghtened the case against the instigator. For the prosecuter, it is all about conviction rate. They don't want to be petty court prosecuters forever. They want to move up to real crime cases, like rape, murder, etc. The way to move up is to have a high guilty rate. She dropped mine to a civil charge, but it still counts as a successful plea for her stats. Not a great win, but a win.It is all a game for the lawyers. They don't care if you did it, or if they can prove you did it. Can they convince you that being innocent is more expensive than pleading to a lesser offense. Very few cases actually go to trial.
I got pulled over yesterday for going what the cop wrote down as 90-100 mph last night at about 10:30. In Connecticut the law is anything over 85 mph is considered to be reckless driving. He told me that he was following me for a mile. When he talked to me he was a real jerk. I was saying "yup" and "nope" instead of "yes sir" and "no sir," but he threatened to bring me down to the station for not taking it seriously. He then told me not to talk like that and drove off before me.Interesting facts about the case:-I had 2 friends in the car.-When he wrote down my car color he wrote down tan when it's like a dark grey.-He was not wearing glasses. He was older so he might need them.My current plan: Act as a lawyer, plead innocent, and say he was not prepared to say how fast I was going. I'm also debating on saying how unreasonably nasty he was to me.Any advice? I don't want to get a lawyer.
Go to court and fight this by yourself. I think you can wear down the judge and officer and get what you want.

Well, on Monday I'm going under the advice of a lawyer. The plan is to dress nice and use proper court etiquette. However, I am not admitting that I did this. I actually wish he got me with the radar. It's easier to argue that it might of been a faulty radar vs. that the cop might of been a faulty person.

Well, on Monday I'm going under the advice of a lawyer. The plan is to dress nice and use proper court etiquette. However, I am not admitting that I did this. I actually wish he got me with the radar. It's easier to argue that it might of been a faulty radar vs. that the cop might of been a faulty person.
If the cop shows up to court you're fucked. And no, it's not easy to argue faulty radar. As long as it's been calibrated within a certain amount of time before your ticket there's nothing you can do...otherwise everyone would be getting off.
You're an idiot.I vote lethal injection for you.
You're an idiot.I vote lethal injection for you.
It's a good thing that you're not the judge, right?
If the cop shows up to court you're fucked. And no, it's not easy to argue faulty radar. As long as it's been calibrated within a certain amount of time before your ticket there's nothing you can do...otherwise everyone would be getting off.
I didn't say that it was easy, but it's easier.