Hellmuth's #11 Bracelet Broadcast?

What I meant was most wpt titles in relation to wsop titles. Hellmuth hasn't won a WPT.
Daniel has 3 Wsop Bracelets and 2 WPT titles. That equals FIVE.Layne Flack has FIVE WSOP Bracelets and 1 WPT title. That equals SIX.Doyal Bruson has 10 WSOP Bracelets and 1 WPT title. That equals ELEVENSo if you were trying say that Daniel Was the best because he had the most combined titles between the Big two events, then you were wrong. If you were asking a real question then thats is the answer.
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying DOYLE BRUNSON is a liar? It came out of his mouth.
Doyle didn't play for a long time, but he's WAY behind in Holdem wins. And that was more about a falling out he had with Binion's than about side-games, I seem to recall.
So what, I said NLHE-tournaments. Hellmuth's WSOP-bracelets are all NLHE - Johnny Chan has only 4 (+1 in PLHE and 1 in LHE), Doyle Brunson has 4, Johnny Moss has 3, Eric Seidel has 2 (+2 in LHE), Stu Ungar has 3 -> noone is even close to Hellmuth in that regard.I don't have the time to look at the non-WSOP-events right now (and I wouldn't know how to rank them anyway), but I don't think that would make much difference.Yeah, Hellmuth might not be as versatile as other players, but in the one thing he's really good at, live NLHE-tournaments, I don't think anyone beats his success.
I'm too lazy to look this up, but I don't think all of Phil's bracelets are NLHE.
Daniel, Phil Ivey, Erick Lindgren and other have gone on record about the blind structure at the End of WPT events being unfair. In fact with the WSOP adopting a similar structure here has brought about complaints. I think that Daniel has even posted a Post about it here.
I'm pretty sure you read something wrong if you think that was a response to that.
Daniel has 3 Wsop Bracelets and 2 WPT titles. That equals FIVE.Layne Flack has FIVE WSOP Bracelets and 1 WPT title. That equals SIX.So if you were trying say that Daniel Was the best because he had the most combined titles between the Big two events, then you were wrong. If you were asking a real question then thats is the answer.
I'm pretty sure Doyle's 10 WSOP + 1 WPT title is more.Seriously, bro, I don't ever flame anyone, but your Daniel-hating is kind of gimmicky.
I'm still not sure what you're trying to say. The most combined WSOP and WPT wins would be Hellmuth and Doyle at 11. If you're saying they need at least one from each to qualify, it's just Doyle. Most WPT wins is Gus, I believe.
Yeah, and because Gus has no WSOP titles that means super cool WPT champions like him and Daniel can't beat the Donkeys at the the WSOP like online qualifiers and Phil Hellmuth. I think he has a man crush on Daniel. Oh well.
I'm too lazy to look this up, but I don't think all of Phil's bracelets are NLHE.
Ok, sorry, my mistake he has LHE- and PLHE-bracelets too, but my point still stands.edit: he was close to winning bracelets in other events, but he never got there.
You'd be wrong. Look it up. All HE events.
I didn't say they weren't all HE events. :)EDIT: Off the top of my head, I know of at least one limit and one pot limit bracelet. He had a sick 2003 WSOP and 1993 WSOP, I think, so when I wake up in three hours, I'll check to see if they were in those years.
Daniel has 3 Wsop Bracelets and 2 WPT titles. That equals FIVE.Layne Flack has FIVE WSOP Bracelets and 1 WPT title. That equals SIX.So if you were trying say that Daniel Was the best because he had the most combined titles between the Big two events, then you were wrong. If you were asking a real question then thats is the answer.
Dude, where did I say anything about Daniel? Every post in this thread you've made contains unprovoked bashing of Daniel.You hate Daniel, and Phil Hellmuth is a poker god. We get it. :club:
I didn't say they weren't all HE events. :)EDIT: Off the top of my head, I know of at least one limit and one pot limit bracelet. He had a sick 2003 WSOP and 1993 WSOP, I think, so when I wake up in three hours, I'll check to see if they were in those years.
You don't have to look, you are right, I have already conceded that. :club:
I'm pretty sure Doyle's 10 WSOP + 1 WPT title is more.Seriously, bro, I don't ever flame anyone, but your Daniel-hating is kind of gimmicky.
No I am a fan. I'm just really turned off by the attitude I see in his recent VLOG. I think Daniel is running REAL BAD lately and its getting to him. I just keep thinking of that statement Mike made at last years Tournament of Champions. paraphrase here. "One day the horseshoe will fall out of your a$$ and you'll keep putting in your money dead and it will be DANIEL WHO?" I've only been playing poker for 3 years. I'm not saying I'm even an ok player. I do know that I CAN'T play that suited connectors game. No mater the pot odds or implied odds. It does me no good. Daniel has made a career out of playing those cards. Eventually the ODDS bear out over time. I'm just thinking there is something to what Mike said. Phil plays premium hands and has the most cashes, the most WSOP bracelets. Daniels EXTREME lack of success in online play must say something about his game. You need to play a fundamental game to be good constantly online overtime. When you have crap and the guy your playing has the nuts your gonna loose no matter what fancy post flop play you have. Last year Daniel had 300k early in the main event. In his VLOG he said her ran into guys who were "unbluffable". I think his lack of success recently is making him surley. Geeze his vanity online poker site just went belly up. I GUESS it's warranted.
No I am a fan. I'm just really turned off by the attitude I see in his recent VLOG. I think Daniel is running REAL BAD lately and its getting to him. I just keep thinking of that statement Mike made at last years Tournament of Champions. paraphrase here. "One day the horseshoe will fall out of your a$$ and you'll keep putting in your money dead and it will be DANIEL WHO?" I've only been playing poker for 3 years. I'm not saying I'm even an ok player. I do know that I CAN'T play that suited connectors game. No mater the pot odds or implied odds. It does me no good. Daniel has made a career out of playing those cards. Eventually the ODDS bear out over time. I'm just thinking there is something to what Mike said. Phil plays premium hands and has the most cashes, the most WSOP bracelets. Daniels EXTREME lack of success in online play must say something about his game. You need to play a fundamental game to be good constantly online overtime. When you have crap and the guy your playing has the nuts your gonna loose no matter what fancy post flop play you have. Last year Daniel had 300k early in the main event. In his VLOG he said her ran into guys who were "unbluffable". I think his lack of success recently is making him surley. Geeze his vanity online poker site just went belly up. I GUESS it's warranted.
I honestly want to believe you, not that I think you care what I think, but it's hard to take you at your word about Daniel when you say things like "his vanity online poker site". Your attacks seem personal, honestly, and there has to be motivation beyond what you're claiming.I also think that you're mistaken in your analysis of Phil's style. He might've written about only playing premium hands in "Play Poker Like the Pros", but that doesn't mean he plays that way.Lastly, love him or hate him, Daniel's successes aren't just the positive side of variance. Dan's a proven top notch player.

Just in case anyone was curious:Phil's Bracelets:1989 - #1 - NLHE (Main Event)1992 - #2 - LHE1993 - #3 - NLHE, #4 - NLHE, #5 - LHE (Consecutive Events...amazing!)1997 - #6 - PLHE2001 - #7 - NLHE2003 - #8 - LHE, #9 - NLHE2006 - #10 - NLHE2007 - #11 - NLHE7 x No Limit3 x Limit1 x Pot Limit

early career results of Phil Hellmuth. 25-Aug-93 United States $ 1,000 Omaha Hi/LoJim Brady Month, Los Angeles 1st $ 50,000 30-Apr-93 United States $ 5,000 Deuce to Seven Draw24th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 1993, Las Vegas 2nd $ 72,500 30-Oct-91 United States $ 1,500 Pot Limit Hold'emHall Of Fame Poker Classic 1991, Las Vegas 1st $ 80,400 16-Dec-89 United States $ 2,000 No Limit 2-7 LowballHall of Fame Poker Classic 1989, Las Vegas 2nd $ 33,00007-Jul-89 England 5 Card DrawAll England No Limit Hold'em Grand Prix, London 3rd £ 3,975 $ 6,15506-Jul-89 England 5 Card StudAll England No Limit Hold'em Grand Prix, London 2nd £ 5,000 $ 7,74205-Jul-89 England Pot Limit OmahaAll England No Limit Hold'em Grand Prix, London May-89 $ 300 Ace To 5 LowballCajun Cup, Unknown 1st $ 20,520Clearly EARLY in Phil's career he did well in mutiple poker games. He has changed his focus to NL and has had his greatest success in it. This "one trick pony" label isn't 100 percent warranted.

I honestly want to believe you, not that I think you care what I think, but it's hard to take you at your word about Daniel when you say things like "his vanity online poker site". Your attacks seem personal, honestly, and there has to be motivation beyond what you're claiming.I also think that you're mistaken in your analysis of Phil's style. He might've written about only playing premium hands in "Play Poker Like the Pros", but that doesn't mean he plays that way.Lastly, love him or hate him, Daniel's successes aren't just the positive side of variance. Dan's a proven top notch player.
Well said.Rodney smells like a big troll to me.
Congrats to Phil...that guy takes so much **** from so many people...now he can shove 11 bracelets in their face.
Yeah, why is it that he gets so much crap from so many people...?...oh yeah, shoving his stinking bracelets in their faces.
LOL. No, YOU'd be wrong. Do you know what NLHE even means??Look it up.
Hey hey. No reason to be rude. GetSprung is a good poster and obviously just misread my original post. :)Also, this wouldn't have happened if he didn't get rid of his old, awesome avatar.
I also think that you're mistaken in your analysis of Phil's style. He might've written about only playing premium hands in "Play Poker Like the Pros", but that doesn't mean he plays that way.
Exactly. Look at last night, he won a huge pot with 5-7 off. Players always seem to make their game tighter in the books, it's either a little bit of advertising that they only play premium hands (so don't bluff at them) or it's just the advice they're giving to beginners.
Yeah, why is it that he gets so much crap from so many people...?...oh yeah, shoving his stinking bracelets in their faces.
It's only needling, I'm sure he gives it back just as good as he gets it, just not necessarily publicly. As already stated, people like DN needling him and betting against him is just friendly. I don't know the Americanism, but in England it's called banter.
Exactly. Look at last night, he won a huge pot with 5-7 off. Players always seem to make their game tighter in the books, it's either a little bit of advertising that they only play premium hands (so don't bluff at them) or it's just the advice they're giving to beginners.It's only needling, I'm sure he gives it back just as good as he gets it, just not necessarily publicly. As already stated, people like DN needling him and betting against him is just friendly. I don't know the Americanism, but in England it's called banter.
I guess my problem is how he treats people at the tables. For example, the whole "worst players in the world" rant was uncalled for. But I agree that most of it is just Phil being Phil and most of the pros who know him semm to accept it as part of his personality - and of the thousands of hours that the guy plays in a year, we see only the stuff that TV producers feel is noteworthy. Certainly he's no Tony G. when it comes to berating players at the table.

dont also forget Hellmuth 2nd in OMaha vs Scotty Nguyen, he was very unlucky. Plus u can probably add 4-5 times he should of won when at the final table, but because of luck didnt

I guess my problem is how he treats people at the tables. For example, the whole "worst players in the world" rant was uncalled for. But I agree that most of it is just Phil being Phil and most of the pros who know him semm to accept it as part of his personality - and of the thousands of hours that the guy plays in a year, we see only the stuff that TV producers feel is noteworthy. Certainly he's no Tony G. when it comes to berating players at the table.
My view on that though is that it's part and parcel of the game. If you get called a bad player you can't care, it just means either you're getting to your opponent (Phil in this case) or they're trying to get at you. It's not that bad IMO.