Hellmuth's #11 Bracelet Broadcast?

My view on that though is that it's part and parcel of the game. If you get called a bad player you can't care, it just means either you're getting to your opponent (Phil in this case) or they're trying to get at you. It's not that bad IMO.
I don't completely disagree with you. However (you did know there had to be a "however", didn't you?) I feel it is a little of a cop-out to give a free pass to someone by saying "that is just how they are at the tables, away from the tables he's a great guy"How you treat people in part defines who you are. Crushing someone in business just to make a buck can make you a scumbag, even if it is "only business". I personally would not want to be a WSOP Main Event winner of $12 Million if it meant I had to sacrifice my personal integrity to do so......I might sacrifice 1/4 of my integrity for $3million though (kidding!)And before some wise guy comes along (you know who you are) and says: "Ah ha!!! Hypocrite!!! You don't seem to think Phill Ivey is a bad guy, and he sold his integrity on the Golf course to hustle Ram!" I still don't feel that Ivey did anything "wrong" - he was playing within what I happen to feel is part of the rules of high stakes gambling - therefore no hit to integrity.
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play Poker Like The Pros just happened to be the first book I read on Poker, because it was one I found at the library after I got hooked on TV poker back in 2003. So Phil has long been a favorite of mine, even if he IS a bit of a crybaby and a bit of a braggard. Hey, sometimes when you are trying to build confidence in yourself, out of a deep need to be loved because you didn't get enough respect or whatever, you come off sounding like an a** hole to people, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a great tournament player. :-)