Dubey

Arp

Wayne

Steve

Josh

Ollie

Zach (not for $)

Pez (not for $)

We need to decide on a time frame, as well as stakes. Do you guys want to do $20? $40? Pride?

is 12 weeks a good time frame? I was thinking we start on Monday, April 11th, and go till Monday July 4th.

We all post our starting weight on Monday morning (honour system). The winner is the person who lost the highest percentage of total body weight over the time period of the competition. I will put a little spreadsheet up on google docs to track progress. We can post updates each week.

What do you guys think?

spreadsheet for tracking progress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10keDDJzqvbQKnR2ygcY8M3O0z6NRCccBAWImPd23w-8/edit?usp=sharing

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

Im in for whatever stakes/timeline the majority decides. Timeline of July 4 sounds good to me.

I'll be out of town on Monday, so I'll weigh in on Tuesday or Wednesday at latest.

April 11th. Okay not a good timeline for me. I drink coffee and eat fast food till May.

I plan on jogging this year to see if I can lose the weight. No more ice cream bars and chips. No wait ice cream bars and chips till April 10th. Baskin Robbins here I come.

April 11th. Okay not a good timeline for me. I drink coffee and eat fast food till May.

I plan on jogging this year to see if I can lose the weight. No more ice cream bars and chips. No wait ice cream bars and chips till April 10th. Baskin Robbins here I come.

Come by I need a favour! I am in for pride. I will weight myself tomm morning.

I am going to be serious on this. After May 2nd, I am going to start jogging and exercising more.

No more

Mcds

Donuts

Cookies

Less

Potatoes

However I can't give up rice. I just can't do it.

For me, everything revolves around breakfast, and healthy snacks throughout the day

When I'm eating unhealthy, I don't plan anything for breakfast, then I either grab a breakfast sandwich from tims/mcds/A&W, or worse, nothing at all, then I end up snacking all day because I am hungry. If I don't plan, and bring something healthy to eat, those snacks end up being from the vending machine, and that's no good.

I think I'm going to start making a smoothie for breakfast every morning. This will require me actually getting out of bed at a reasonable time, which is easy when I'm in the habit of doing it every day and really hard when I'm not.

I'm also going to try to go for walks in the evenings most days when I'm not golfing. My kid loves going outside, so it's a good excuse to push him around the neighborhood in his wagon.

I'm going to try to cut out sugary snacks completely. I really don't miss them when I quit eating them, but when I do eat them, it's a cycle of wanting them all the time.

I'm not going 100% hardcore, I'll still have a beer or 2 or 3 on the golf course, but I might walk instead of getting a cart a little more often.

I'm the same Dubey - breakfast really sets the tone. Since I never have spare time in the morning, I started making my smoothies at night, then just leaving them unblended in the smoothie cup and blending it in the morning. I actually brought the blender in to work so I didn't even need to spend the extra 30 seconds in the morning, just throw the cup with unblended smoothie and the cap in a bag. Just a thought!

I have a huge problem with motivation. I'll eat healthily and exercise loads for a month then injury myself - currently nursing a high ankle sprain (f'ing painful!) - and then eat terribly and do no exercise for two months. As a result I never get anywhere. Also, I favour a Guinness which is super calorific and doesn't help matters!

Ollie, Guiness is actually one of the lightest beers, calorie wise, that you can drink. If you are going to drink Beer, you can do a lot worse than Guinness!

My plan involves three things:

1. Meal prepping - fortunately my girlfriend is an amazing cook with a lot of culinary experience (which is probably why I need to lose weight in the first place) so she is going to help me out with creative meal and snack ideas so I don't get bored with what I eat. I plan on making Sundays my cheat day. This doesn't mean I'll go completely off the rails, but will afford myself some tastier options.

2. Daily exercise - I've never been the type of person to go to the gym everyday. I know that won't change simply because of this challenge. That being said, my goal is to ensure that I do something physical every day. It may consist of jogging, walking, riding a bike, or recreational sports. I just picked up a new Callaway Hyper-Lite 5 stand bag since I play a lot of golf and walking is fantastic exercise.

3. Monitoring my sleep schedule - I think the amount of sleep and being on a consistent sleep schedule is such an underrated part of losing weight and overall health. My goal is to go to bed around the same time each night and wake up around the same time each morning. I will aim to get between 7-8 hours of sleep each night. I don't have kids, but I do have a full time job and I am one semester away from graduating college so there will certainly be nights I fail at this.

I'm the heaviest I've been at any point in my life (270), but I know from past experience that I can shed weight very quickly when I eat properly and exercise. Looking forward to this!

• Like 1

I am at my peak weight ever. Good god.

Having my scale back will help me be more accountable to myself. It was in storage with the rest of my crap until this week. Was a rude shock when I stepped on it this morning.

I'm up at least 40 lbs from two summers ago.

I just need to stop eating so poorly. I have to eliminate sugary snacks. I buy a box of cookies and I eat the whole thing in one day. I just can't ever buy this stuff.

I've been much better on lunches. I bring one sandwich with whole grain bread, and a salad full of vegetable goodness, with light (enough) dressing, and a Greek fruit yogurt.

Probably too much sugar in the yogurt. I can cut that out.

Dinner has been a free for all though. I've been saying once I get settled in my new place, I'll be cooking more, healthier stuff. Hopefully that holds.

Also, I need to get back on my bike on a regular basis.

I should be able to drop 30 lbs this summer.

I'm in a wedding in August and it would be nice to not be a whale for that.

I'm purposely putting off buying my outfit until much closer to the date because I fully plan on dropping this fat.

• Like 1

I like to blame my lack of routine.

Two summers ago when I lost the most weight, I ate the best and exercised most frequently and I think a huge reason is that I was in a regular routine.

My job was also manual labor, so that definitely helped. I can't get that back. But biking to and from work will be a big help.

Ollie, Guiness is actually one of the lightest beers, calorie wise, that you can drink. If you are going to drink Beer, you can do a lot worse than Guinness!

I would "like" this, if Dave had spelled Guinness correctly.

Ever since Ireland trip, this is all I drink. And as far as calories, it is indeed one of the lightest beers, especially what you consider beer.

My fav beer by far and I have never really been a beer drinker.

That said, I wonder if maybe there should be a sidebet or just a pride bet of each one of us picking one thing that they will not consume until July. ie chocolate or beer or pasta....i dont know,

yeah routine is huge. I find the whole healthy living thing is really easy once you are doing it, but really really hard to get started on.