Has Shannon Shorr Lost It?

From his blog on his web page

Shutting down for NovemberNovember 15, 2006, 1:16 pm by Shannon Shorr After dusting off $27k in an hour of playing today, I've decided to shut down for November. It was a difficult decision, but it's much cheaper this way. I've had my online passwords changed, so I will be unable to log in and play again until December 1st. I also won't be blogging or responding to poker related emails for the next 15 days. I want to completely detach myself from this ****ed up game that I've decided to make a career out of. For the next 15 days I'm going to exercise a lot, party a lot, play golf, and spend a lot of time with my family and girlfriend. I'll book November as a -$80k month and look forward to returning to the game mentally and physically fresh on December 1. Thanks again to all of you for your support. Expect big things from me at Bellagio.SSPosted in Online
Sounds like he was on some huge tilt if he dusted of 27k in an hour!!I feel bad for the guy looks likehe is on a major downswing. I don't know about his play but I know he is a relative newcomer so I would think he is an unproven player. Yes, he did go deep in multiple tournies thats why he is 2nd in cardplayer points but like many of the the pro's who've been around awhile have said, a year really isn't that big of a sample size in live tourny poker play.

for the last couple of weeks i have been reading his blog and he has been strugling. he wanted to stop holdem and start playing omaha hi/lo. he deposited 10k on full tilt and made as much as like 60k but then lost it all but wasn't mad because he was playing against the best in the world (the pros at full tilt)then he had been losing a lot playing 25/50 nl on pokerstars and then had to drop to 10/20. the thing is he was playing 10/20 and then for some reason went back to 25/50 and lost a crap load.he has been having a horrible couple of months but come december i think he will play good to try to win the poy

From his blog on his web pageSounds like he was on some huge tilt if he dusted of 27k in an hour!!I feel bad for the guy looks likehe is on a major downswing. I don't know about his play but I know he is a relative newcomer so I would think he is an unproven player. Yes, he did go deep in multiple tournies thats why he is 2nd in cardplayer points but like many of the the pro's who've been around awhile have said, a year really isn't that big of a sample size in live tourny poker play.
Sounds like he recognizes that he's going on tilt and wisely decides to take some time off. A lot of other pros would keep playing and start spewing. He seems to be wiser.

He has always seemed a bit arrogant to me. I think he gets ahead of himself and recognizes himself as one of the games greats when he has had a stellar year. I remember reading him saying for the PPL "I'll be truly shocked if Im not one of the top picks." I lol'd

He has always seemed a bit arrogant to me. I think he gets ahead of himself and recognizes himself as one of the games greats when he has had a stellar year. I remember reading him saying for the PPL "I'll be truly shocked if Im not one of the top picks." I lol'd
Shannon Shorr never said he would be surprised if he wasn't picked for the PPL.
Yes he did. I can't find his archived blogs now, but it was right before the draft. I remember it sticking.

I too remember him saying he would be shocked if he wasn't picked for the PPL. So I can confirm it. I just wonder in general when it comes to live tournies how does one get the point where they can confidentally say they are beating it.Shannon Shorr and Jeff Madsen definately need to watch out and definately abide by proper br managment, maybe even have more of a margin of error. I was playing on FTP today and jeff madsen jumped into a 100/200 O8 game and it was filled and had like 6 ppl on the waiting list, at the size of a game I ahve a feeling it isnt because they want to say, "Hey I've played with Jeff Madsen before." but because there is a lucrative money making opportunity. As soon as I noticed that he was gone the game had 2 ppl in it..... Just an observation, maybe it was nothing. I remember on the circuit the guys saying that that much success so quickly can be devastating to certain naive ppl.Peace

Say no more my friend, say no more, and I ty.ThursdaySeptember 28, 2006, 5:54 pm by Shannon ShorrI didn't play any poker yesterday. I lounged around most of the day. I watched a couple episodes of The Office season 1. I bought season 1 and 2 on DVD. People have been raving about this show, and it doesn't disappoint. I'm really enjoying it. Stephanie and I joined 2 of her friends and their boyfriends for dinner at Buffalo Phil's, and from there we met up with Anthony, Jimmy, Matt and Cater for some drinks at Houndstooth.I woke up around noon today and came home. I spent the afternoon playing 4 hours (1650 hands) at 25/50 and ended up banking a little bit, +$5587. I'm about to go over to Stephanie's for dinner. We are leaving for Tunica tonight after the Auburn game is over. I am taking South Carolina +14. 14 points just seems like a bunch for Auburn to have to cover against a very Spurrier-motivated USC team in Columbia. I haven't bet sports much since I posted about it. I've been far too busy. My totals for the year are 4-6 for -$1100ish. Again, I'm not looking to make a living or really even supplement my income through sportsbetting. I'm going to bet the games because I enjoy it, and it makes the games more fun to watch :)Sidenote:I apologize for the other pro's links not being listed on the site right now. This admin website has been giving me some problems, and my designer is currently working on it. shannonshorr.com is actually in the process of being almost fully redone, so look for that within the next couple weeks. Also, I haven't been notified if I was drafted for the PPL (Professional Poker League). Daniel Negreanu talks about in on his blog, but I can't exactly understand if he's saying the draft has already taken place or if it is on October 7th. I will go on record as saying I will be shocked if I'm not selected as one of the 64 players for the PPL.Edit: LINK
I don't feel bad for millionaires. Also, this happens to every poker player, no matter what limits they play at.
so true. i dusted off 200$ yesterday, and my br was only 400. lukcily im up 250 oday. god bless variance
like hellmuth-good at tournies but not so in cash games
Pretty much. It's so hard to be successful in both because they require different mindsets.Shannon burst out of nowhere, too. He has game, but poker is a marathon, not a sprint.

Yes breaks help a lot, coming back refreshed after taking a bad loss is almost necessary, the biggest lost I've ever had,which was last week (1k) forced me to take over a week off, and I'm starting to play again tomorrow. And also knowing limits you are good at is a key.

I too, enjoy watching live players struggle online. It kind of vindicates the skill the online players have.