The First True Webcomic About Poker.

I hope you all will appreciate this effort and I welcome all of your opinions. I have been a member of this forum for a long time and never posted anything close to spam. I hope this doesn't get perceived as such. I chose this forum to publicly announce the launch of Life's A Bluff for several reasons. I have made quite a few friends (and enemies) here but I bottom line is I respect the boards. I couldn't really think of a better place.So... LaB is a webcomic about poker and life. Rather than join the millions of you fine bloggers I decided to choose a different route. Some of you may recognize the artist. I hope you guys enjoy it. Please check out the site via my sig and let me know what you all think.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you all will appreciate this effort and I welcome all of your opinions. I have been a member of this forum for a long time and never posted anything close to spam. I hope this doesn't get perceived as such. I chose this forum to publicly announce the launch of Life's A Bluff for several reasons. I have made quite a few friends (and enemies) here but I bottom line is I respect the boards. I couldn't really think of a better place.So... LaB is a webcomic about poker and life. Rather than join the millions of you fine bloggers I decided to choose a different route. Some of you may recognize the artist. I hope you guys enjoy it. Please check out the site via my sig and let me know what you all think.
It's not my kind of thing, but I can appropriate it. I like the art work.I would correct the word "appropriate," but it's such a weird typo, I'm going to leave it.

Thanks for the response dutch. Give it some time and you may find something you like. Strips are drawn ahead for a few weeks... alot planned.And... The site seems to be down as of 4:45 est. I recieved an email that it is server side and they are working on it. If you got a dead link. Try back later.

nice man.i've been in planning of one for a while. i still need to get back to work on my original webcomic too. but now, with all this extra time on my hands (between playing, of course), i think i'll finally have a chance to get both of them started.i like the start though man, and you have given me inspiration to start mine finally.

Solid.I've thought about this also., being an ex-animator and now design engineer, i'd love to have some time to do one.I'l let u know franky, maybe u could post it if its genius quality

good stuff. kind of a hijack, my GF loves drawing comics and I was thinking about getting her a computer set up. What should i get. I have heard about tablets, and what software. Anything else you can think of.

good stuff. kind of a hijack, my GF loves drawing comics and I was thinking about getting her a computer set up. What should i get. I have heard about tablets, and what software. Anything else you can think of.
If you LOVE her, buy her a tablet PC equiped with alias sketch book, that u can draw directly on screen,if you only like her, but love the way she tastes, get her a wacom tablet for 500.00 and alias sketch book software for 120.00

Right on guys... thanks for all the comments. There is a lot more planned so stay tuned. The comics are first written as a script.. Then they are hand drawn and inked. Then scanned into the computer and colored. A wacom is used with photoshop.Your girl... would LOVE a wacom. There are some lower end ones if price is an issue.

Great stuff Franky, definately looking forward to more.In the 7th frame, you should make him running out of a bank.. Since he just deposited his check (from 6) and then goes home to use his Hell Taco money to play online.. just a thought from somebody who can't draw for beans.

Great stuff Franky, definately looking forward to more.In the 7th frame, you should make him running out of a bank.. Since he just deposited his check (from 6) and then goes home to use his Hell Taco money to play online.. just a thought from somebody who can't draw for beans.
We tried with this first one to allow anyone to draw any conclusion from each of the panels. Like the 10-2 when he sees paycheck. He is running from work... or now that you mention.. maybe the bank. :club: Final frame he might be getting his royal but its really about his happiness in relaxation.
what do they cook with a deep fryer at a taco place?edit: it did make me smile though
i could see a cheap mexican fast food joint trying to pass off fried dill pickles as a mexican delicacy.
what do they cook with a deep fryer at a taco place?edit: it did make me smile though
At Hell Taco you have to deep fry the taco meat to make sure you kill all the bacteria. :club: Sort of like Taco Bell.Check back tomorrow for another strip too. We are planning "wild-card" days where we have bonus strips and other cool stuff. We have a lot of extra material that we are eager to trickle out.
At Hell Taco you have to deep fry the taco meat to make sure you kill all the bacteria. :club: Sort of like Taco Bell.Check back tomorrow for another strip too. We are planning "wild-card" days where we have bonus strips and other cool stuff. We have a lot of extra material that we are eager to trickle out.
awesome dude, i'm seriously psyched about thisi'll put up a link on my comic's page for you man.
I like it. Are you planning on including more dialogue in later strips or just leaving it up to more interpretations?
Yes we will have more dialogue. This one was really just to set the mood and left up to the imagination of the reader type comic. I have over a years worth of notes and possible strips. Many are done and many are planned. BUT we still want suggestions from you guys on what would you would like to see.Check the strip that will be up in about a half hour. and HangukMiguk, PM me and we can do a link swap.

Room for improvement, but I like where you're going with this thing :)I wonder why I haven't found one sooner...