25nl Facing Reraise On Non Scary Turn

Villian has been very aggresive winning many pots uncontested. Has shown one hand and it was TT for tripsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($34.20)Button ($24.30)SB ($39.25)BB ($21.85)UTG ($38.75)UTG+1 ($11.55)Hero ($23.60)MP2 ($9.50)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Qdiamond.gif, Kclub.gif. UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.75.Flop: ($3.35) 7club.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2, UTG folds.Turn: ($7.35) 7heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, CO raises to $9, Hero ??Is this a Shove or fold situation?

Villian has been very aggresive winning many pots uncontested. Has shown one hand and it was TT for tripsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($34.20)Button ($24.30)SB ($39.25)BB ($21.85)UTG ($38.75)UTG+1 ($11.55)Hero ($23.60)MP2 ($9.50)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Qdiamond.gif, Kclub.gif. UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 1 fold, CO calls $1, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.75.Flop: ($3.35) 7club.gif, Kdiamond.gif, 6heart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $2, CO calls $2, UTG folds.Turn: ($7.35) 7heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, CO raises to $9, Hero ??Is this a Shove or fold situation?
yes it is a fold situation, you haven't seen him show down garbage he is not raising the turn there with less than Top Pair Second Kicker very often... Also your weak *** turn bet made this decision harder than it had to be.

I lose more fkin money with KQ in this stupid game...lolI think it is a shove or fold spot. I lean towards fold. What makes this move that you beat? KJ, KT maybe?

I lose more fkin money with KQ in this stupid game...lolI think it is a shove or fold spot. I lean towards fold. What makes this move that you beat? KJ, KT maybe?
what am I putting him on here? 66? A7? what range can he have?and how much should I have bet on the turn? $5?

If he's been very aggressive, in my eyes theres no reason he can't represent a seven, he could have 89s and then choose to represent now that the opportunity has arose. Especially if he's been aggressive throughout, and he hasn't just been catching a lot of cards since you've sat down.

Fold. You don't beat a boat, TPTK, 777, ... get the message?

you beat very little here, i would fold this...if he has been aggressive, wouldn't you expect him to raise if he flopped top pair?...i think he has a 7 here, or maybe a full house, but nothing that we beat

He doesn't need a set to raise you. He may have AA or AK also. Either way what you put him on is irrelevant as you only beat air here and i think he never has air and plays it like this. Easy muck.

yes it is a fold situation, you haven't seen him show down garbage he is not raising the turn there with less than Top Pair Second Kicker very often... Also your weak *** turn bet made this decision harder than it had to be.
I fold too, but, just curious, how much would you bet on the turn? 4? 4.50? 5?

this hand illustrates a huge problem that comes up in nlhe when you flop top pair type hands. you find yourself oop on the turn with a weak hand and the pot has started to get pretty big. right now (as both you and your opponent noticed) you are at around the point that if you both continue in the hand you are playing for everything in front of you. i see hands like this over and over and in that position on the turn i really don't think there is anything good you can do. betting sucks, check/calling sucks, check/folding sucks. the trick i think is to play the hand in such a way that you don't get into this situation. find a way to keep the pot smaller or end the hand earlier. of course you can't always do that and you will find yourself here a lot staring at the screen thinking "**** i have to bet like $5 here and its almost like a bluff because if he calls i cant bet the river but when i check the river to him and he fires the rest of it at me what do i do?" his raise actually made this pretty easy for you here. i don't have the answer to this problem its something i've only recently started to notice.

A bluff. The 1/3 size bet on the turn is begging for it.
I'm going to take a different approach on this hand than most of you suggest. I'll give the arguement for for pushing in this spot.First off I'm not a big fan of the raise pre-flop after a limper with just KQ, you're helping your opponants define your hand. If you limp with hands like this it switches up your game and makes it harder for people to put you on a hand. Since you did raise and get a caller who has position on you, you're stuck in a bad situation OOP with a relatively weak hand.I dont think you could ask for a much better flop in this spot. You lead out and bet 2$ which is kind of a weak bet, villian could see this as a continueation bet and call you with NOTHING hoping to take it from you later in the hand. As you said hes aggressive and aggressive players dont always have hands, they make a lot of moves to win pots. As far as his range goes he could have anything and will attempt to steal the pot if the opertunity arises. If he does have a hand I'm putting him on KJ or K10 or KQ.The turn bet is so weak that if I was villian I would raise you with anything. He doesnt need the 7 to raise you here because hes aggressive and can probably smell the weakness in your bets. Now that you've been raised you have to think if he has you beat or not. The truth is if you look at this hand in the context of "what can I beat?" youre going to find yourself answering "only a bluff" but its very likely this bet is a bluff because of how you played the hand and villains style. As sick as it sounds I would recommend pushing all in with only top pair in this spot. I believe he is trying to take this pot away from you because you showed weakness. I would play this hand a little different. I'd probably limp and bet about 4/5th the pot on the flop and continue with a strong lead on the turn. If you were betting strongly and he raised you I'd recommend folding because you've shown lots of strength in the hand and he would need a strong hand to come over the top.

Aggressive player standard line at the flop with 89 would be to reraise, and call some times to change it up. Aggressive player standard line at the flop with Ak is to raise it up (or even pre flop). I'd see him calling behind more with an underpair and the 7. (I say standard because everyone can change it up0 Either way, with the small turn bet, you're enticing him to come over the top trying to fold QQ- if he just has an underpair, while still probably getting the same action from the 7 since he figures you're done with the hand if you don't have a king. Maybe he got real fancy and tried to call the flop to bluff the turn. You really should fold here cause as stated, you don't beat any legitimate hand. (again, I don't think you see TPTK, I think you're up against a 7 or 66 if you're beat). Obviously that's not the question since you would know that, you're trying to come up with a % of the time he's bluffing. To that I would say, the turn should usually be a bet/fold line against most opponents. however, you should bet more to make his bluff more expensive and put more doubt in his head. Only idiots like me try to bluff people off AK on a board like this, so you bet and sell AK and be more confident that he has a big hand a greater % of the time. With the smaller turn bet, we'll be more inclined to call the raise because the villian is somewhat predictable and likes to raise into weakness. But that would have to be our reason for betting the turn... because villian is crazy aggro and he'll raise this a large percentage of the time with something we're beating.Edit: I hate pushing into bluffs on the turn.

I agree with the last few post that from and aggressive villian we could have best hand a high percentage of the time. I don't like shoving the turn to a suspected bluff though. If we think he is bluffing I would rather just call and let him bluff again on the river. But, I'm not totally sold on folding. The villians raise is laying us 3.2-1 odds. With top pair and those odds against a villian who has been winning a lot of pots without showing down cards, I'd be inclined to atleast see the river. I think this would be a farily wide range for the villian: pairs 66-AA, A7s+, A7o+, KQs, KQo, 98s, 87s, 67s, 98o, 87o, and 67o. With this range we have 68.4% equity in the hand. You could probably throw in a couple hands like KJ or K10, and take out QQ+, AKs, AKo, and maybe even JJ given the preflop action. Doing bumps us up to 74.3% equity. Keeping the second range but giving the villian EVERY possible hand with a 7 in it, we're still the favorite at 52.5%. Unless anyone strongly disagrees with any of these ranges I don't see how we fold the turn. We've shown weakness to an aggressive player and are doing very well against his probable range. As I said in the beginning I don't like pushing though, as we are probably in bad shape against his calling range after we push. I'd call the turn and most river bets. We allow him to put more money in with a hand that can't call, and possibly get out of the hand cheaper than pushing if we are beat.

hero's turn bet really fouled up this hand. $5 or $6 would've been good because a raise potsticks the villain making a bluff dramatically less likely. if we're looking for a pot control line then check-call followed by a call of a reasonable river bet provided a str8 draw doesn't complete would've been better.let this one go and focus on playing the next hand better.don't want to fold, then call the raise and call any river that doesn't complete the str8 draw. pushing here would be bad. we fold hands that would continue to bluff at us on the river, never fold a better hand, get snap called by a hand we're crushed by, and occasionally cost ourselves a free showdown the times the river brings a card the villain doesn't like. yeah we don't price out 89, but if villain is really agg than we probably still come out ahead when he pushes with a busted draw on the river.