2007 Bellagio Wpt Championship ***update Thread***

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC, any interesting hands with Ivey or an overall assessment of how he played?
I don't care how he plays .....who am I kidding, I would like to get your perspective on this JC :club:
Is it just me or has Kirk Morrison gotten deep in the last few wpt tourneys.
Kirk is a good friend of Daniel's and has cashed in the last three WPT tourneys.We consider him part of the FCP Family eventhough he isn't active in the Forums.

Waco's table:Antonius/Werthmann/Tehan/Loi Phan (chipleader)Steve7Stud:Sammy Farha/Roland de WolfeAl Smooth:Ben Johnson (deep in LAPC) is the only recognizable face.

with 350 or more in the pot it would be absolutely retarded to fold for 120k more. You're acting like he open shoved 250k into 40k and I made the call.....
I understand the action, and like I said, I wasn't aware of other circumstances (i.e. you playing tight and RDW playing maniac). Obv. w/ the all the money in the pot you've commited yourself to call, but I still don't understand commiting yourself w/ bottom pr and a 5-high flush draw w/ the stack you had vs. the stack RDW had at that stage of the tourmament. Does any other re-raise from you achieve the same thing w/out commiting yourself? Like if you re-raised to 65 or 70K do you get away then??? I'm just askin' Also, does that re-raise look like you've got a much stronger hand than making it $100K?
I understand the action, and like I said, I wasn't aware of other circumstances (i.e. you playing tight and RDW playing maniac). Obv. w/ the all the money in the pot you've commited yourself to call, but I still don't understand commiting yourself w/ bottom pr and a 5-high flush draw w/ the stack you had vs. the stack RDW had at that stage of the tourmament. Does any other re-raise from you achieve the same thing w/out commiting yourself? Like if you re-raised to 65 or 70K do you get away then??? I'm just askin' Also, does that re-raise look like you've got a much stronger hand than making it $100K?
RDW folds everything there except KK QQ 22 and KQ, and his raise tells RDW that he's calling a push, so unless RDW is super super strong he's going to fold here. It turned out that RDW had one of those 4 hands and pushed back, and at that point JC isn't folding because he priced himself in --- correctly.His play is very good, he's winning the pot right there 90% of the time, and even if he gets played back at, he's got outs to win. Also, RDW minraised, and the way he plays that's probably not a big pair all that often. You can rule out KK or QQ most of the time, you're forcing out JT, any Q, any K that's not KQ, and a better flush draw.

I just beat Al Smooth in an over/under bet on when the money bubble would burst.He said before 6PM, I said after.I am the proud winner of $1, which I will carry to every tournament I report on and wave in his face from here on out.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve7Stud busts, TexasHoldem.com for the hand >_<Playing until the end of level 15
vchcbfcgyfcgv1g4yfbrebcf3fb1rgby8f1g83gf1bifhbiuh3fiGG Steve!!!!!!

ZeeJustin rakes big pot, taunts HellmuthA player in MP raised to about 24k, Zee Justin Bonomo called and another player pushed in for approximately 80k more. The first player folded and Bonomo called showing 8h7h. THe other player had AsQc. The flop brought a 7 as did the river and Bonomo eliminated his opponent. After the hand Hellmuth said what a bad beat it was and how he wouldn't have called the first raise with the hand to which Justin replied, "We can't all be Phil Hellmuth."

after reading updates at texasholdem.com ,I noticed that Philly is on fire

ZeeJustin rakes big pot, taunts HellmuthA player in MP raised to about 24k, Zee Justin Bonomo called and another player pushed in for approximately 80k more. The first player folded and Bonomo called showing 8h7h. THe other player had AsQc. The flop brought a 7 as did the river and Bonomo eliminated his opponent. After the hand Hellmuth said what a bad beat it was and how he wouldn't have called the first raise with the hand to which Justin replied, "We can't all be Phil Hellmuth."
Wow, what a donkey play....and of course he was rewarded.
What are blinds and antes?
I dunno for sure but judging by the first pre-flop raise I'd guess 3k/6k or 4k/8k. But I do know he put in 100K total preflop with 8 high against a 2nd raise (after his call) getting only 2:1. Maybe his other account playing in this tourney told him the guy had no better than AK to make this call.