Sanjaya Lost !

Ok... I am going to bed. First of all, I thought General Poker had much more activity. Sorry.The other thing... I mean, come on, you already heard them all sing. Does it really matter if you find out up front or after 30 ridiculous minutes of Ryan Seacrest recapping what the judges say, call people onto the stage and then dramatically announce it? I DVR the show just so I can skip to the end to see who was booted off. The prior 30 minutes are pure torture. I was glad that I did not have to turn on the DVR tonight. But for those of you who act like 12 year old girls, I am sorry that your tearful surprise was spoiled.
As you can see, I have apologized. I also wrote this in my blog:As far as FCP, I caused a little bit of instigation and agitation. Someone posted about Sanjaya getting kicked off of American Idol. I thought the flack was because the original poster posted the information on the main category. I moved it, forgetting to erase the original link. I had no clue they wanted me to change the subject. I found the outcry absurd, I was tired and if they really wanted me to do something in particular, all they had to do was use the report link and tell me. Though I have had psychic flashes in the past, these visions were about important things, like my son skipping school. What to do with a forum thread… I don’t think my tired nighttime brain can muster up the mystical powers and know that they wanted the subject changed. Anyway… this old brain of mine is sharp enough though to throw out a few stings. If you want to read the hilarity of things, it is all here.To see it you can read it here.But yes, I think you should report me. I am totally responsible for this thread, in light that there are several other moderators besides me. Shame on me for having an opinion. More shame on me for not locking something that so many members seem to enjoy.
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see, I have apologized. I also wrote this in my blog:As far as FCP, I caused a little bit of instigation and agitation. Someone posted about Sanjaya getting kicked off of American Idol. I thought the flack was because the original poster posted the information on the main category. I moved it, forgetting to erase the original link. I had no clue they wanted me to change the subject. I found the outcry absurd, I was tired and if they really wanted me to do something in particular, all they had to do was use the report link and tell me. Though I have had psychic flashes in the past, these visions were about important things, like my son skipping school. What to do with a forum thread… I don’t think my tired nighttime brain can muster up the mystical powers and know that they wanted the subject changed. Anyway… this old brain of mine is sharp enough though to throw out a few stings. If you want to read the hilarity of things, it is all here.To see it you can read it here.But yes, I think you should report me. I am totally responsible for this thread, in light that there are several other moderators besides me. Shame on me for having an opinion. More shame on me for not locking something that so many members seem to enjoy.
This does little to soothe my all consuming rage
wait!Vatche really watches American Idol?that wasn't all a joke?Finz > Buffalo shrimp
I think I may need to sign up to the Actuary fan club. Are there benefits? I hope there's benefits.also, I haven't read the last 5 or so pages, but did Vatche finally get a new couch?
and I'm sorry Theresa, but I am going to have to agree with Rod here. You have committed a grave injustice. You moved a thread with a spoiler to a popular television show. Careers could be over. Lives could have been ruined. I'm afraid that this cannot go unpunished. I'm afraid that you must be... BANNED FROM THE INTERNET.I am truly sorry, but it's what must be done.
But for those of you who act like 12 year old girls, I am sorry that your tearful surprise was spoiled.As you can see, I have apologized. I also wrote this in my blog:As far as FCP, I caused a little bit of instigation and agitation. Someone posted about Sanjaya getting kicked off of American Idol. I thought the flack was because the original poster posted the information on the main category. I moved it, forgetting to erase the original link. I had no clue they wanted me to change the subject. I found the outcry absurd, I was tired and if they really wanted me to do something in particular, all they had to do was use the report link and tell me. Though I have had psychic flashes in the past, these visions were about important things, like my son skipping school. What to do with a forum thread… I don’t think my tired nighttime brain can muster up the mystical powers and know that they wanted the subject changed. Anyway… this old brain of mine is sharp enough though to throw out a few stings. If you want to read the hilarity of things, it is all here.To see it you can read it here.But yes, I think you should report me. I am totally responsible for this thread, in light that there are several other moderators besides me. Shame on me for having an opinion. More shame on me for not locking something that so many members seem to enjoy.
You are a moderator, you are held to a higher standard.You didn't apologize to Vatche, and you were disingenuous and insincere to boot.Do the right thing and apologize to him and put this to rest.This is akin to Osama apologizing to Estfandiari for 9/11... or something...
You are a moderator, you are held to a higher standard.You didn't apologize to Vatche, and you were disingenuous and insincere to boot.Do the right thing and apologize to him and put this to rest.This is akin to Osama apologizing to Estfandiari for 9/11... or something...
I don't think "akin" is the right word. More like "exactly the same, or ten to one hundred times worse than". I still can't sleep at night, just thinking about what all you American Idol fans have been through.

A former coworker of mine saw Sanjaya and his mother at a donut shop in Seattle recently.Nobody in the store really seemed to care.

Just came across this thread today (yeah I know I’ve been living under a rock) and here are my 2 cents FWIW:Sanjaya being voted off probably surprised and shocked Finztotheleft enough that she honestly forgot about the west coast viewers. As a fan who regularly follows the show, Vatche became frustrated when he found out the results unexpectedly and reacted accordingly. If I remember correctly, someone last year inadvertently typed the name of an outcast from Survivor in the FCP lobby chat and DN went ballistic and blasted the guy at the lobby chat and in his blog or one of the threads. Whether it is an overreaction or not, it is something that apparently would frustrate true fans of reality shows like Survivor or American Idol. I think Vatche probably would not have reacted the same way had he known that Finztotheleft is a lady. In any case, Vatche apologized for his comments towards Finztotheleft which was the reason that he was attacked in this thread in the first place.I think this is a case of misunderstanding between FCP veterans who really are good people as far as I know. I don’t have personal experience with Actuary or DD but I have enjoyed and learned a lot from their posts. Renae and Theresa have always been pleasant when we played in tournaments together (despite the fact that Renae has busted me enough times to earn herself the title of “cukebuster”). Vatche may be emotional and outspoken (traits of fire sign) at times, but he is a standup guy with a good heart. I know what I said won’t change what happened and probably won’t change your opinions, but hopefully there won’t be hard feelings over this incident.That’s all I got. Now that I got that out of the way, who the heck is this Sanjaya dude anyway? :club: (sw)

A former coworker of mine saw Sanjaya and his mother at a donut shop in Seattle recently.Nobody in the store really seemed to care.
wow. I'm thinking there's hope for society yet. I suppose the only way it could've been better if you didnt say anything at all (and I don't mean that in a jerky way) actually I'm lying I'm a total ass
  • 9 months later...