Great Live Albums

I've seen 311 in concert twice and I must say they are good live. The Offspring were great in concert but I don't think they have any live albums. HFStival baby!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand the popularity of Frampton Comes Alive. " Do you feel like I do?" sounds to me like a guy just jacking around with his talk box. Are there better songs that don't get play?I like Clapton's Unplugged.

My contribution, albeit not nearly as historically significant as some of these, is 311 Live.200px-311live.jpg Say what you will about them, but if you say something bad, it means you're gay. And a terrorist. A gay terrorist.
FYI: big 311 fan here. I've seen them...oh, 15? times starting in '96. Great live shows. I'm gonna have to find that CD now...haven't listened to it in a loooong time.Also, I agree with all dmb's live stuff (obviously with my avatar).

I strongly dislike DMB. Just not into his music really.St Anger is by far the worst album of all time. What was that like a $6 drumset? So bad. Godsmack is awesome live in concert, but no live CD from them that I know of.

St. Anger is without a doubt the worst record ever made.Manowar. I don't know if they have a live album but if they did it would be the greatest live album ever. I mean come on, they are the loudest band in the history of the world.Just thought of another good live album though. Ben Folds live. Just him and a piano, real good record.

Sublime - Stand By Your VanPaul Simon - Concert in the ParkAny Dead in 77 or 78 when Phil's bass was on steroids. Feb/Mar/Apr are the best imo, topped off by the Boston Garden shows in April '77. Best St. Stephen's over those two years, and then they stopped playing it.Anything live by Jeff Buckley.

FYI: big 311 fan here. I've seen them...oh, 15? times starting in '96. Great live shows. I'm gonna have to find that CD now...haven't listened to it in a loooong time.
Live version of Applied Science is just awesome. We covered it once at a show because our drummer was ill nasty mcawesome, and it was just a big thrill to open a show with that line..."Nod your head to this.."
QFTAlso,Bob Marley and the Wailers - Babylon by Bus
Made me think of another Bob one. The Sasalito recording they first did when they were coming out in the US. '70 or '71 I think. Simply the best Bob out there imo.
Yes indeed. Good choice.I love you.
I agree. It's my favorite of the Unplugged albums.We're totally gonna do it, aren't we?
I agree. It's my favorite of the Unplugged albums.We're totally gonna do it, aren't we?
Easily. Alice in Chains is a close second though.I'm already as hard as a Roc-A-Fella platinum and diamond necklace.
  • 3 weeks later...

My two favorites:The best live album by FAR is Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" recorded at Cobo Hall in his hometown (sorta) of Detroit, Michigan:post-27513-1177890213_thumb.jpgStyx and REO Speedwagon did a concert together called "Arch Allies" sometime in 2000, for being so late in both of their careers they both put on a PHENOMENAL show:post-27513-1177890406_thumb.jpgRecap:Neil Diamon: YESREO Speedwagon: YESDave Matthews Band: NO NO NOPink Floyd: PULSE>POMPEIIKISS: YES

• 2 weeks later...