Random Hockey Observations

Russostrib Michael Russo RT @dchesnokov: Lokomotiv official: "At first we didn't want to believe it. But right now there is no hope. The team is gone.""The team is gone." WOW

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I've heard that from a couple sources now, hopefully it's true. RIP to Alexander Vasyunov, a New Jersey prospect I drafted to the Lost Cause Farm back in 2007. I've been following his career ever since.
SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by mirtleIt is official now. Belarusian news agencies report that Ruslan Salei was on board the flight.
SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by mirtleIt is official now. Belarusian news agencies report that Ruslan Salei was on board the flight.
Yeah, I just heard that as well but couldn't find a source for it.
WOW I can't imagine the survivor guilt Alexander Galimov will experience.
It's starting to sound like he may have already passed away at the hospital...no confirmation on that but with burns on over 80% of his body I don't have a hard time believing it. :club:
It's starting to sound like he may have already passed away at the hospital...no confirmation on that but with burns on over 80% of his body I don't have a hard time believing it. :ts
:club:

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Russian aviation officials are saying the plane may have been over the allowed take-off weight. It crashed 7-8 sec after hitting radar

It's starting to sound like he may have already passed away at the hospital...no confirmation on that but with burns on over 80% of his body I don't have a hard time believing it. :ts
:club:
dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Galimov (the lone survivor from the team) has over 80% of his body covered in burns; he had a surgery, according to doctorsAnd then this one pops up...plysenkov Pavel Lysenkov by TGfireandiceI was told that Galimov died in hospital. Salei is alive, he was in Minsk.It appears his info regarding Salei is incorrect. Hopefully his info on Galimov is incorrect also. Although 80% burns is devastating. What a ****ing brutal tragedy!

mirtle James Mirtle Pavol Demitra's agent confirms that the former NHLer has been killed in the crash in Russia. More to come at globesports.comR.I.P.

I'm just going to stop speculating at this point and hope for whatever the best possible outcome is. You can't really trust the information that is flying around, with translation problems and the Twitterati reporting whatever they come across as gospel it's just too hard to know what to believe. It will all come out eventually.

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Galimov (the lone survivor from the team) has over 80% of his body covered in burns; he had a surgery, according to doctorsAnd then this one pops up...plysenkov Pavel Lysenkov by TGfireandiceI was told that Galimov died in hospital. Salei is alive, he was in Minsk.It appears his info regarding Salei is incorrect. Hopefully his info on Galimov is incorrect also. Although 80% burns is devastating. What a ****ing brutal tragedy!
dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Neurologists are now saying Galimov (the player-survivor) is unlikely to survive his injuries even after the surgery. Docs keep fighting

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti Lou Lamoriello confirms that Vasyunov was on plane and died.R.I.P.TGfireandice Tom Gulitti "Words cannot express what has transpired," Lamoriello said. "I knew a lot of players that were on that team."

SunGarrioch Bruce Garrioch Pavol Demitra leaves behind a wife and two young children. "These aren't just hockey players. They are people," said Alfredsson.

SlavaMalamud Slava Malamud by AportzlineLegendary coach Viktor Tikhonov suggests every KHL team send at least one player to Lokomotiv to salvage the team's season.Apologies to those also following the tragedy on Twitter and having to see me repost so much, but I'm assuming some here are at work and are unable to follow Twitter right now.

I think its definetely too soon to talk about hockey but I cant imagine what happens to a franchise after something like this.I think the main focus should be on the families of the dead and whatever can be done to help them cope.