• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

What I got from the press conference:Sidney is nowhere near ready for NHL games. We will be EXTREMELY cautious in his return. Time table on return from my read:Minimum 6 months , that is optimistic..There is a good chance he will miss the season.

What I got from the press conference:Sidney is nowhere near ready for NHL games. We will be EXTREMELY cautious in his return. Time table on return from my read:Minimum 6 months , that is optimistic..There is a good chance he will miss the season.
I took away that he's not ready, won't play until he's 100% and nobody has any idea when he will be 100%, but they're almost certain he will get to 100% at some point. I wonder if they felt the same about Marc Savard?
I took away that he's not ready, won't play until he's 100% and nobody has any idea when he will be 100%, but they're almost certain he will get to 100% at some point. I wonder if they felt the same about Marc Savard?
They asked him if he would consider retiring, he said no..At some point it has to cross his mind..24 years old, rest of his life ahead of him. All the money in the world..Can make more just based on his popularity..He has won a cup, gold medal and all the trophies he needs.Why risk his late 40s and 50s to play another 10 years of hockey which in reality will be pretty tough to surpass what he already has in the game.I get the fact that he is a competitor and he needs to play, but it has to have crossed his mind.
He said himself he will likely play this season...I don't get it. I listened to every word in the conference and all of the questions after.
With serious concussions you can't really know much of anything other than he can't play now.
With serious concussions you can't really know much of anything other than he can't play now.
I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if they announced he was ready to play come Christmas time.It also wouldn't surprise me if he was exactly in the same condition this time next year.It sucks because he is a helluva hockey player and I enjoy watching him play. I am shocked more hasn't been made about the decisions that have led to his injury.

Like was said, with concussion, there's no timetable. Its just a guess, based on no facts.The one thing I haven't heard though is, if he woke up tomorrow with no symptoms, and then started to train/skate....and experienced no symptoms, what then? How long before he could practice+play in the NHL? Im guessing maybe that would only be like 3 weeks/1 month, just to make sure nothing pops up. So then, really, he could be playing game #1 for all we know.

Like was said, with concussion, there's no timetable. Its just a guess, based on no facts.The one thing I haven't heard though is, if he woke up tomorrow with no symptoms, and then started to train/skate....and experienced no symptoms, what then? How long before he could practice+play in the NHL? Im guessing maybe that would only be like 3 weeks/1 month, just to make sure nothing pops up. So then, really, he could be playing game #1 for all we know.
The question i have is , how do you know you are ready for an elbow from Chris Pronger to the head, until you actually get hit by Chris Pronger?I would assume that after a serious injury like this, you are NEVER 100%. Anyone can go out and train and skate, its the NHL contact that is the problem.
The question i have is , how do you know you are ready for an elbow from Chris Pronger to the head, until you actually get hit by Chris Pronger?I would assume that after a serious injury like this, you are NEVER 100%. Anyone can go out and train and skate, its the NHL contact that is the problem.
well, I think they said he has no permanent damage, or more like, no signs of trauma. Kypreos was saying how on his last scan, it still showed signs of trauma. (how scary is that?)So Im guessing that if the usual thing is to go 1 month symptom free, and then see what happens, then thats what they would do with Crosby. Go a month, then clear for contact.Any NHL player could get hit in the head by Pronger tomorrow, and never play again if the concussion is bad enough. Take a look at the Perron injury. He got "accidentally" clipped by Joe Thornton, and hasnt played since. Fluke thing, and who knows when he'll be back, and they are already saying he wont start the year.Here's a thought....maybe they should outlaw Pronger from hitting guys in the head in the first place!
Ok, Ill be the ass who says it. Im guessing many N.American/Euro NHL'ers will think twice about going there now.First the issues with the Cherapanov death, now this. How much is fact, we dont know, but its hard to imagine anyone doesnt think of this the next time they get a KHL offer.
Ok, Ill be the ass who says it. Im guessing many N.American/Euro NHL'ers will think twice about going there now.First the issues with the Cherapanov death, now this. How much is fact, we dont know, but its hard to imagine anyone doesnt think of this the next time they get a KHL offer.
They asked Ray Emery this very question and he said he would still go over.EDIT: But he's a goalie and they're all ****ing crazy anyway.

Its paranoia to think this will happen to you, but you really are gonna have a tough time convincing a family man to move his whole crew over there, just to make some extra money. Then again, if the only other option is making $80k in the AHL, and the KHL offers you $250,000....hard to turn down I suppose. If your an established star who has already made his millions, whats the point of taking a risk? Love of the game I guess.Like, why is Brent Sopel still playing? He must really love the game or loves the idea of living somewhere else. If I didnt have a family, I would love the idea of working abroad.

Its paranoia to think this will happen to you, but you really are gonna have a tough time convincing a family man to move his whole crew over there, just to make some extra money. Then again, if the only other option is making $80k in the AHL, and the KHL offers you $250,000....hard to turn down I suppose. If your an established star who has already made his millions, whats the point of taking a risk? Love of the game I guess.Like, why is Brent Sopel still playing? He must really love the game or loves the idea of living somewhere else. If I didnt have a family, I would love the idea of working abroad.
It's really hard to give up the game, and in some cases, the income. But the players that play over there (the north americans) all have horror stories about playing there, including crazy scary plane stories. That hasn't stopped a steady flow from going. This one, however, may get the families to say no way..
Ya, the talking heads on the radio were going on about how every hockey player will thinking about this blah lbah blha.I'm thinking ... it's a shite Russian plane of which 9/200 (max) have crashed. Please don't put that pos on the same level as a Boeing or Airbus.

"Doomed Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Plane Was Banned In Europe Due To Safety Concerns"http://deadspin.com/5838024/"The Russian Federation initially promised they would bring the aircraft up to date, but later decided against it. All planes owned by charter company YAK Service have been prohibited from flying to countries within the European community, which does not include Belarus, today's destination.Preliminary legislation is currently making its way through labyrinthine Russian law that would bring the country's aviation standards up to the rest of the world's, in a "gradual reform." Currently Russia and the former Soviet States have the world's worst air safety record, with 13 times more incidents than the international average."So uh... who's going to Sochi?