• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

If Sidney Crosby were to announce his retirement today it would be devastating news to the hockey world. However, given the circumstances of today and the three tragedies the hockey world has experienced this summer, it definitely puts things in perspective.

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov Before the departure Ruslan Salei called Dinamo Minsk to ask for tickets for his family and friends.
Im confused, is the report that he was indeed on the flight, or its still unknown?I dont know why I need to know. The smaller the number the better, and at this point, its already a tragedy no matter who was or was not on the flight.Does Crosby still have his presser? Whens it supposed to be?
Im confused, is the report that he was indeed on the flight, or its still unknown?I dont know why I need to know. The smaller the number the better, and at this point, its already a tragedy no matter who was or was not on the flight.Does Crosby still have his presser? Whens it supposed to be?
Salei is gone, Arp.TGfireandice Tom Gulitti KHL's website confirms that former Isle and Hurricane Josef Vasicek was on the Lokomotiv plane.ice_chip Chip Alexander Eric Staal on former teammate Joe Vasicek: "Joe was an awesome guy, always in good spirits, always smiling. It's just a tragedy."ice_chip Chip Alexander Chad LaRose: "It's a shocker, a tragedy. Joe was a great guy. A life ended too early."
1230..Apparently its not a press conference. He will be available to reporters..Meaning there isnt really a huge news to announce.I think he is doing this because he is going to New York for the annual schmoose where all the reporters are there, and he doesnt want to be asked the same question a 100 times..I am not expecting anything earth shattering.
In light of today's events, I think Crosby should postpone his press conference.
I think Id consider him godlike if he came out today, passed along his condolences to the famillies of the NHL'ers who passed away over the summer, and todays tragedy, and then walked off, and say he'll update at a more appropriate time.(or told the media to f off and stop worrying over whether his headaches are worse or better on August 18 as opposed to August 12th.)I dont know, Im just looking for anything positive today.
I think Id consider him godlike if he came out today, passed along his condolences to the famillies of the NHL'ers who passed away over the summer, and todays tragedy, and then walked off, and say he'll update at a more appropriate time.(or told the media to f off and stop worrying over whether his headaches are worse or better on August 18 as opposed to August 12th.)I dont know, Im just looking for anything positive today.
If he had headaches would he be skating? He did skate today and took a crap (actually I am not sure about the crap part).
Salei is gone, Arp.TGfireandice Tom Gulitti KHL's website confirms that former Isle and Hurricane Josef Vasicek was on the Lokomotiv plane.ice_chip Chip Alexander Eric Staal on former teammate Joe Vasicek: "Joe was an awesome guy, always in good spirits, always smiling. It's just a tragedy."ice_chip Chip Alexander Chad LaRose: "It's a shocker, a tragedy. Joe was a great guy. A life ended too early."
FCK, I didnt see his name on the lists earlier, was busy+just skimmed. FCK FCK FCK.

I also like Adam drafted a player on the list:Vitaly AnikeyenkoI read good things about him and took him as an underager. Been following his career and now this.RIP Vitaly

There's talk of the plane being scheduled to be taken out of commission in October.
If this is the old Aeroflot planes, then Ive been on a few of these. I've flown a lot in my life, these were easily the scariest things I was ever in. Way too much creaking/cranking, loose things. I dont get scared when I fly, these were different though.Just to think about how much things have changed, my first time on one of these planes, 1986, my friend beside me (we were 14 at the time) didnt have a seatbelt. The stewardess just looked at him, said yeah, there was a problem with it on the last flight, we didnt get a chance to fix it, so we just took it out. 3 hours, no seatbelt, strange noises, lots of adults smoking. Good times.

CJ_Stevenson Chris Stevenson Ramping up for the Crosby presser. Ran into agent Pat Brisson. Crosby's not retiring, in case you were wondering. #ridiculousspeculation

It's not much but it's something...kainutero Tero Kainulainen by mirtle@ @mirtle @dstaples Lokomotiv's Goalie coach Jorma Valtonen was NOT on plane. He has been interviewed today by Finnish media.

reporterchris Chris Johnston IIHF President Rene Fasel notes this isn't only a Russian tragedy. Crash included players and coaches from 10 countries.Proteautype Adam Proteau When one person in the hockey world dies too soon, we grieve for the family. On a day like today, we're all family.

dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov A list of the dead in the plane crush has just been released. Salei is NOT in it.dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov 36 bodies have been recovered from the wreckage. Rescuers are still looking for 6 more.

List of those who died:http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/4793121.Anikeenko Vitaly 2.Бахвалов Юрий Алексеевич 2.Bahvalov Yuri 3.Беляев Александр Владимирович 3.Belyaev Alexander 4.Баландин Михаил Юрьевич 4.Balandin Mikhail 5.Васюнов Александр Сергеевич 5.Vasyunov Alexander 6.Вашичек Йозеф 6.Vashichek Joseph 7.Вьюхин Александр Евгеньевич 7.Vyuhin Alexander E. 8.Дитрих Роберт Генрихович 8.Ditrih Robert Genrikhovich 9.Демитра Павол Pavol 9.Demitra 10.Зимин Андрей Валерьевич 10.Zimin Andrey 11.Калимулин Марат Натфуллович 11.Kalimulin Marat Natfullovich 12.Карповцев Александр Георгиевич 12.Karpovtsev Alexander G. 13.Калянин Александр Игоревич 13.Kalyanin Alexander I. 14.Кирюхин Андрей Анатольевич 14.Kiryuhin Andrey 15.Клюкин Никита Сергеевич 15.Klyukin Nikita 16.Королев Игорь Борисович 16.Korolev Igor Borisovich 17.Кривоносов Николай Иванович 17.Krivonosov Nikolai 18.Куннов Евгений Геннадьевич 18.Kunnov Evgeny 19.Кузнецов Вячеслав Михайлович 19.Kuznetsov Vyacheslav Mikhailovich 20.Лив Стефан Даниэль Патрик 20.Liv Stephen Daniel Patrick 21.Марек Ян Jan 21.Marek 22.МакКриммон Брэд Байрон 22.MakKrimmon Brad Byron 23.Остапчук Сергей Игоревич 23.Ostapchuk Sergey I. 24.Пискунов Владимир Леонидович 24.Piskunov Vladimir Leonidovich 25.Рахунек Карел 25.Rahunek Karel 26.Сидоров Евгений Владимирович 26.Sidorov Evgeny 27.Скрастиньш Карлис Мартинович 27.Skrastinsh Karlis Martinovic 28.Снурницын Павел Сергеевич 28.Snurnitsyn Pavel 29.Собченко Даниил Евгеньевич Daniel E. 29.Sobchenko 30.Ткаченко Иван Леонидович 30.Tkachenko Ivan Leonidovich 31.Траханов Павел Сергеевич 31.Trahanov Pavel 32.Урычев Юрий Олегович Yuri O. 32.Urychev 33.Чурилов Геннадий Станиславович 33.Churilov Gennady S. 34.Шувалов Максим Алексеевич 34.Shuvalov Maxim A. 35.Ярчук Артем Николаевич 35.Yarchuk Artem Nikolaevich

There were lists of those killed in a terrible plane crash near Yaroslavl, which occurred during the day on September 7. Passengers: 1.Anikeenko Vitaly 2.Bahvalov Yuri 3.Belyaev Alexander 4.Balandin Mikhail 5.Vasyunov Alexander 6.Vashichek Joseph 7.Vyuhin Alexander E. 8.Ditrih Robert Genrikhovich Pavol 9.Demitra 10.Zimin Andrey 11.Kalimulin Marat Natfullovich 12.Karpovtsev Alexander G. 13.Kalyanin Alexander I. 14.Kiryuhin Andrey 15.Klyukin Nikita 16.Korolev Igor Borisovich 17.Krivonosov Nikolai 18.Kunnov Evgeny 19.Kuznetsov Vyacheslav Mikhailovich 20.Liv Stephen Daniel Patrick Jan 21.Marek 22.MakKrimmon Brad Byron 23.Ostapchuk Sergey I. 24.Piskunov Vladimir Leonidovich 25.Rahunek Karel 26.Sidorov Evgeny 27.Skrastinsh Karlis Martinovic 28.Snurnitsyn Pavel Daniel E. 29.Sobchenko 30.Tkachenko Ivan Leonidovich 31.Trahanov Pavel Yuri O. 32.Urychev 33.Churilov Gennady S. 34.Shuvalov Maxim A. 35.Yarchuk Artem Nikolaevich Crew: 36.Solomentsev Andrey, Commander 37.Zhivelov Igor Konstantinovich, second pilot 38.Zhuravlev Sergey, bortmehanih 39.Sarmatova Elena, flight attendant 40.Maksumova Hope Murzafarovna, flight attendant 41.Shavina Elena, flight attendant 42.Matyushin Vladimir Yurevich, flight engineer Survivors: Sizov, Alexander B., flight attendantGalimov Alexander (in hospital) At 20.00 Moscow time, managed to extract from the wreckage of the liner 36 of the bodies, searching for six more victims are continuing.Source = http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=r...ext-item/479312Note: It has since been confirmed that Alexander Galimov succumbed to his injuries.

I doubt they give any indication of a return date. It sounds like they will take their time and make sure he is absolutely 100% healthy before he plays again. Looks like any games played this season would be a bonus.