Random Hockey Observations

So how many times can you visit some place to be able to offer up a personal opinion? I don't think I took his comment to say there are zero parks in Winnipeg, just that in his experiences between both cities, Phx offers a better family environment. I think you also have to take into account that English is his second language. If he was still under contract with the Yotes than I would agree that he should keep his trap shut but since he is a FA I don't see any issue with stating he wants to live somewhere else.
I'll give you the English part. Visiting a place is different though. He didn't visit Winnipeg, most likely. He says he was there a couple times for minor hockey. So 10 years ago, he took a bus into the city, saw the minor hockey arena and a second-rate hotel, and left by a bus. I'd probably do a little more research on somewhere before I talked about how terrible a place it is to live based on things I had no idea about.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Actually I'm not pissed...I just think it was classless. And no my opinion would not change if the Habs won or if Toronto was involved somehow. My opinion would change if Wisniewski hadn't been suspended for his obscene gesture.I also disagree with you that Wisniewski's gesture was more obscene as I'm sure many had no idea what he was doing. Four-year-olds have some idea what the middle finger means.P.S. I hope that picture gets enlarged and posted in the Habs' room.
Agree to disagree. My opinion is that I don't believe your opinion.
I'll give you the English part. Visiting a place is different though. He didn't visit Winnipeg, most likely. He says he was there a couple times for minor hockey. So 10 years ago, he took a bus into the city, saw the minor hockey arena and a second-rate hotel, and left by a bus. I'd probably do a little more research on somewhere before I talked about how terrible a place it is to live based on things I had no idea about.
And how many times have you visited Glendale? I have been to Phoenix more than once and myself know that I don't remember it to be the way you described it. I think you are picking at nits.
Agree to disagree. My opinion is that I don't believe your opinion.
Cool. Although, I'd love to hear your reasoning on how flipping off the crowd is so much more acceptable than simulating fellatio toward another player or using the term sloppy seconds to refer to a former girlfriend?And then he lies about it and says he was trying to pump his glove and his finger got stuck. LOL

I think both gestures should carry the same weight personally. I think it is ridiculous to say one is worse than the other. Both have no place in the game, on tv, or in front of children and the NHL again lacks the consistency. Being the playoffs should have nothing to do with it either.

Cool. Although, I'd love to hear your reasoning on how flipping off the crowd is so much more acceptable than simulating fellatio toward another player or using the term sloppy seconds to refer to a former girlfriend?And then he lies about it and says he was trying to pump his glove and his finger got stuck. LOL
"Much more acceptable" is twisting my words a bit. I said Wisniewski was worse and in turn you could say that the finger is "more acceptable" but in reality I meant that both are unacceptable. (with Wisniewski being more unacceptable IMO). Avery's is still on an even higher level because it was premeditated and not in the heat of battle IMO.The same deal applies with the intent of this action as it does with many of the questionable hits. You just can't prove he lied about that.
"Much more acceptable" is twisting my words a bit. I said Wisniewski was worse and in turn you could say that the finger is "more acceptable" but in reality I meant that both are unacceptable. (with Wisniewski being more unacceptable IMO). Avery's is still on an even higher level because it was premeditated and not in the heat of battle IMO.The same deal applies with the intent of this action as it does with many of the questionable hits. You just can't prove he lied about that.
Why do you think Wisniewski's obscene gesture is worse and deserves a much harsher punishment?
Why do you think Wisniewski's obscene gesture is worse and deserves a much harsher punishment?
It's just an opinion. I can't make you a list of reasons why that's just how I am. I never said it deserved a harsher punishment either. Ference got the maximum fine for his gesture. It's also my opinion that Ference would have been more harshly punished if it happened during the regular season.
I also disagree with you that Wisniewski's gesture was more obscene as I'm sure many had no idea what he was doing. Four-year-olds have some idea what the middle finger means.P.S. I hope that picture gets enlarged and posted in the Habs' room.
I don't think four year olds should be the standard for which obscene gestures are ruled.Why do you want the picture in the Habs' room?
I don't think four year olds should be the standard for which obscene gestures are ruled.Why do you want the picture in the Habs' room?
I think 4-year-olds would be a better standard then the current one.As a reminder to be careful not to get their fingers stuck.
And how many times have you visited Glendale? I have been to Phoenix more than once and myself know that I don't remember it to be the way you described it. I think you are picking at nits.
Irrelevant. No one is quoting my opinions in major intraweb articles. My opinions were also sarcastic of course.
This is Bryzgalov's interview about Pronger returning to Edmonton:
.The man loves trolling Canadians.
Heh, he is pretty funny. Then again, making fun of the weather is different than questioning parks and family experience. And seriously, he's crying about the weather? He comes from Russia! They're like...our bad-weather-besties!

From googling Bryzgalov, apparently he met his wife at her 18th birthday party. He was 20-21, playing in the AHL. They were married 8 months later.His wife's name is Yevgenia, his children are Valerie and Vlasislav.Russian people have awful names.

I think 4-year-olds would be a better standard then the current one.As a reminder to be careful not to get their fingers stuck.
How many letters have you written to NBC and Versus about their 'over the net high glass mike' which catches a series of f-bombs every single telecast? I find that much more difficult to explain to my six year old than a barely viewable flash of a middle finger in a hockey glove. I'm not condoning the middle finger, but to be quite honest, I really didnt think it was a big deal. And, for once Dale, I have to say- and I could definately be wrong- but if that was Carey Price to the Boston Crowd, I dunno that you react the same or call for a suspension.
How many letters have you written to NBC and Versus about their 'over the net high glass mike' which catches a series of f-bombs every single telecast? I find that much more difficult to explain to my six year old than a barely viewable flash of a middle finger in a hockey glove. I'm not condoning the middle finger, but to be quite honest, I really didnt think it was a big deal. And, for once Dale, I have to say- and I could definately be wrong- but if that was Carey Price to the Boston Crowd, I dunno that you react the same or call for a suspension.
1. I don't recall hearing any f-bombs on NBC or Versus which probably has more to do with not watching hockey on NBC or Versus. Also, the f-bombs you overhear on TV are NOT directed at the fans that paid money to come watch a hockey game.2. While it may have been barely viewable on live TV it certainly was viewable when they replayed it and I would assume it was visible to many people in the crowd.3. If it were Carey Price I would certainly be hoping for no suspension, but based on the fact that other players have been suspended for disrespecting the fans, I wouldn't have been surprised by a suspension.Let me ask you this, Chris...How would you feel if you and your son were Habs fans and were sitting in the section directly in front of Ference when he flipped the bird to the crowd? I actually think Ference's gesture was more obscene that Wisniewski's because it was directed at the crowd and not another player.
1. I don't recall hearing any f-bombs on NBC or Versus which probably has more to do with not watching hockey on NBC or Versus. Also, the f-bombs you overhear on TV are NOT directed at the fans that paid money to come watch a hockey game.2. While it may have been barely viewable on live TV it certainly was viewable when they replayed it and I would assume it was visible to many people in the crowd.3. If it were Carey Price I would certainly be hoping for no suspension, but based on the fact that other players have been suspended for disrespecting the fans, I wouldn't have been surprised by a suspension.
I'm bitter at Versus anyway.... I'm in Pennsylvania, and the friggin sabres game is blacked out here...

Couple things1. At Kings/Sharks yesterday (awesome btw) and I had popcorn and peanuts thrown at me by anonymous douchebags. If that's the worst I'm gonna get then I suppose that's fine.2. I think I read that the new deal with NBC Sports/Versus has 100 games broadcast. Do we know if this is more or less or the same as we've been getting?3. Don't get me started on tv blackouts. retarded.

For what it's worth, I've got your back on this one Dale. Surprised that several people have suggested this as a homer thing. I think you do too good of a job being reasonable about the Habs to be getting this. I feel pretty much the exact same as you on the whole Ference thing. No room in the game for players making gestures like that to fans, especially after a goal when all the cameras are on him. I think he talked himself out of a suspension with his post-game comments.

I'm bitter at Versus anyway.... I'm in Pennsylvania, and the friggin sabres game is blacked out here...
I stayed over last night in Mars, Pa. Now in Alexandria, Va.
For what it's worth, I've got your back on this one Dale. Surprised that several people have suggested this as a homer thing. I think you do too good of a job being reasonable about the Habs to be getting this. I feel pretty much the exact same as you on the whole Ference thing. No room in the game for players making gestures like that to fans, especially after a goal when all the cameras are on him. I think he talked himself out of a suspension with his post-game comments.
Yeah, let me back up on that one: FWIW, Dale IS extremely objective, and rarely flying the homer flag, despite supporting his team. I think this one is so fineline tho, that it's hard NOT to look at it a little slanted. But to say that I think Dale's opinion is based on being a habs fan would be wrong. I believe HE believes his POV on this. So I apologize if it came out that I think he only said that as a habs fan..