• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Looks like NBC/VS will sign a record $200 million/year TV deal with the NHL. Word is that it lasts 10 years.That's pretty awesome news for the NHL, apparently they were only paying $80 million this season.There was apparently a bidding war between ESPN, Turner, and NBC/VS. NBC had the right to match any offer made by someone else.

Grabner.Why is Couture a lock, but Grabner isn't? I never get that. Grabner had more goals, and people seem to think that's pretty important. Has the rookie leader in goals ever not even been nominated for the Calder?

Grabner.Why is Couture a lock, but Grabner isn't? I never get that. Grabner had more goals, and people seem to think that's pretty important. Has the rookie leader in goals ever not even been nominated for the Calder?
Grabner only had 2 more goals than Couture. I also believe Couture is 2 years younger.

Yeah, I mean, I think Couture is great and all, and he's easily in my top 3, I just don't know how Grabs isn't getting more love.Tons of sick defensemen in this class too... Carlson, Fowler, Subban, Shattenkirk... It'll be interesting to see who the nominees are.Btw, age really isn't supposed to make a difference for this award, even though I'm sure it factors into the voters' picks.Grabner had 6 SH goals, fwiw. I think that's something.

Looks like NBC/VS will sign a record $200 million/year TV deal with the NHL. Word is that it lasts 10 years.That's pretty awesome news for the NHL, apparently they were only paying $80 million this season.There was apparently a bidding war between ESPN, Turner, and NBC/VS. NBC had the right to match any offer made by someone else.
Expected to be announced today at 1:00pm Eastern.
You know every time I see Grabner, I think yes Arp had him at one time.
Do me a favour, start thinking JP had him. I got Grabner+Eberle from JP, and now I have Andy MacDonald and Eberle to show for Stephen Weiss.Its like Grabner was never mine!Im trying hard to forget Grabnet, but between Zach's man crush and my buddy's (Islander fan) taunts of how good Grabs looks....Im dying.btw, I really wish ESPN had gotten the NHL coverage. I wonder how much less $ they were.
Do me a favour, start thinking JP had him. I got Grabner+Eberle from JP, and now I have Andy MacDonald and Eberle to show for Stephen Weiss.Its like Grabner was never mine!Im trying hard to forget Grabnet, but between Zach's man crush and my buddy's (Islander fan) taunts of how good Grabs looks....Im dying.btw, I really wish ESPN had gotten the NHL coverage. I wonder how much less $ they were.
I don't think Grabner gets much better than he looked this year.
I kinda agree with you, but I really wish he hadnt turned from a nothing into a 40goal scorers pace the minute after I traded him. He'd be a fun asset to try to trade this offseason.
I'd be surprised if he did.I mean, if he's a perennial 30 goal scorer, then I'm super happy.His speed is unreal. People say he's not a good finisher though. I dunno, he gets a ton of breakaways each game, finishes enough of them, lol.
I'd be surprised if he did.I mean, if he's a perennial 30 goal scorer, then I'm super happy.His speed is unreal. People say he's not a good finisher though. I dunno, he gets a ton of breakaways each game, finishes enough of them, lol.
I think he just needed confidence, many of the goals I saw him score were pretty good finishes. I think like many players, he just needed to get a few to go in, and then he believed in himself.If you listen to my buddy (the Islanders verge of you/Dale), he says Okposo was alos a big help, opens up a lot of space, and it looks like they'll continue to play together. Im hoping those 2 and Bailey make up line #2. The Islanders actually have a ton of young fwds with potential coming up, will be interesting to see it play out.
it's not just about the scoring. Couture was holding the team together for the first couple months of the season and he's not just a one-way player
San Jose struggled with him out of the lineup too.
I think he just needed confidence, many of the goals I saw him score were pretty good finishes. I think like many players, he just needed to get a few to go in, and then he believed in himself.If you listen to my buddy (the Islanders verge of you/Dale), he says Okposo was alos a big help, opens up a lot of space, and it looks like they'll continue to play together. Im hoping those 2 and Bailey make up line #2. The Islanders actually have a ton of young fwds with potential coming up, will be interesting to see it play out.
I think the Islanders have loads of young talent at forward and defense.
If it's true that there was a bidding war, which implies that ESPN was close in money, the NHL should've gone back to ESPN.
If it's true that there was a bidding war, which implies that ESPN was close in money, the NHL should've gone back to ESPN.
I don't think ESPN could guarantee a guest-host spot on The Tonight Show for Bettman though.
They couldn't choose, NBC/Comcast had a right to match any offer.

that blows. VS is much better now but ESPN is the best option. NBC/VS needs to add a third channel for games to be on. Especially since NBC doesn't show games during the week. that's the most ridiculous part of all this. give us NBC, VS and USA. USA has games on on Wednesdays and Saturday. NBC on Sunday. VS on Tuesday/Thursday.

I imagine for nearly 3x the price for the rights this time around, and the fact that it'll be a 10-year deal, I imagine they'll try to get it on tv more often. I would hope, anyways. With this kind of commitment, they should definitely be trying to sell the game as much as possible.

I have a feeling ESPN would cut away from OT in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals if it went too long and interfered with a Tiger Woods tee-off.