Random Hockey Observations

Someone needs to study what the Sedins did in the offseason and sell that info. They have gone from being very good players to absolutely sick. Hart Trophy sick!
Does being twins mean they can both win the award in one year like they were 1 person?
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Does being twins mean they can both win the award in one year like they were 1 person?
I don't think the award is based on the number of zygotes at birth. :club:

Poor Oilers.They have an asset in Souray who has agreed to a trade to any one of a number of trades and then he breaks his hand in a fight.It's all Karma for not giving Schremp a decent chance, imo.:club:

It hasn't been talked about yet (that I know of?) but Mike Green got a 3 game suspension for his elbow on Michael Frolik. I think he lost his temper and the suspension is warranted. He took a pretty big hit from Cory Stillman, of all people, early in the game, then made a run at Frolik. Got his minor for that and later in the game Demitri Kulikov went after him, some knee on knee contact and Green left the game for good with an injury. No penalty on the knee on knee.

I thought it was fair. It was a pretty terrible elbow.The Kulikov hit wasn't a typical knee on knee, he hit him with his shoulder first, directly in the chest, and they just happened to hit knees.

The Kulikov hit wasn't a typical knee on knee, he hit him with his shoulder first, directly in the chest, and they just happened to hit knees.
Yep agree, sometimes I try not to sound overly biased. Only sometimes. :club:

I think Greene's hit was exactly the kind of hit you need to get out of the game. 3 games was nowhere near enough if you want to eliminate them. Which is more proof that the GM's and Governors just aren't interested in anything that might cause a suspension to an asset..

Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, they definitely need to take it out of the game, but with the precedent that has been set, and the fact that he's a first time offender, I was pretty satisfied with 3 games.

Poor Oilers.They have an asset in Souray who has agreed to a trade to any one of a number of trades and then he breaks his hand in a fight.It's all Karma for not giving Schremp a decent chance, imo.:club:
Our old coaching staff had something against Schremp and it cost us a good young forward. Quinn would have used him if we had the room. Their was nowhere to put him because w had 12 1 way contacts at forward, most of which were small players like him.As for Souray small chance thats a blessing because I would like to keep him for next season anyways. From the local rumor mll; hes proving hard to move anyways because his contact is large. If your gonna break a hand, it might aswell be on Iginlas face!
http://www.sporcle.com/games/Lauro/nhl_scorer_00I only got 23/50...i suck. Plenty of guys I could picture but in the amount of time I didn't remember their name. Plus I struggled with spelling a few of them.I also got 8 that were from ranked 50-79 but they don't really count.
I got a bunch in the 50-79 range as well, but for the ones that count I got 30/50. Missed 3 of the top ten which is a major FML fail.

I can't believe I guessed Spezza but forgot Alfredsson, and got Lecavalier and Richards but forgot St. Louis.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Lauro/nhl_scorer_00I only got 23/50...i suck. Plenty of guys I could picture but in the amount of time I didn't remember their name. Plus I struggled with spelling a few of them.I also got 8 that were from ranked 50-79 but they don't really count.
41/50.

I actually missed the one current Penguin. I missed: Savard, Demitra, Shanny (!), Prospal, Langkow, Bertuzzi, Gonchar, Sullivan, Nylander

I got 42 out of 50. Good score, but Im shocked at a couple of who I missed. They're listed, just scroll thru to read.Hejduk, Whitney, Demitra, Tanguay, Shanahan, Satan, Vy Kozlov.and the one that burns, Nylander, one of my favourites of all time.

41/50.

I actually missed the one current Penguin. I missed: Savard, Demitra, Shanny (!), Prospal, Langkow, Bertuzzi, Gonchar, Sullivan, Nylander

How dare you miss you know who!

33/55, I don't know old timers as well as I should. Got every single one back to 84/85, from there I only got the most obvious one and got lucky on another from the Montreal days so I guess he doesn't really count.