Club De Hockey Canadien

This thread was about to drop off the second page...The ridicolous poutine eating buffoons of Montreal have been quieted. How did your season work out Habs fans??Let me summarize...Lucky run in the first round ..then PFFT..Good luck next year making the playoffs..Les Glorieux nes pas a bon equipe. Les habitants traveille avec le chien de Montreal. Vive le Toronto, Vive le bleu et blanc.
didn't they win the eastern conference or something?
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

didn't they win the eastern conference or something?
yes but with the logic they used to put the Leafs down..They had the same success as the Leafs this year.
yes but with the logic they used to put the Leafs down..They had the same success as the Leafs this year.
truth. it'll all even out in the end, I'm sure. all I'd like to see is a competitive rivalry. this lopsided stuff is getting old.
truth. it'll all even out in the end, I'm sure. all I'd like to see is a competitive rivalry. this lopsided stuff is getting old.
Its really ironic that since we moved to this division set up, i believe almost 15 years ago(correct me if I am wrong)..We have never met the Habs in the playoffs...Mostly because of their sucking in the last 10 years, but recently our sucking..
This thread was about to drop off the second page...The ridicolous poutine eating buffoons of Montreal have been quieted. How did your season work out Habs fans??

Our season worked out very well thank you very much. Our youngsters have stepped up way more than expected and we finished 1 in the east. We lost in the 2nd round due to a fatigued goalie and we ran into a streaking hot quebecois goalie. If we can pick up one or 2 important pieces in the off season we’ll be serious contenders next year.

Let me summarize...Leafs missed the first round ..then PFFT, no more coach, no more GM..We'll need luck next year making the playoffs..
true, true...
Les Glorieux nes pas a bon equipe. Les habitants traveille avec le chien de Montreal. Vive le Toronto, Vive le bleu et blanc.
This means the habs work with Montreals' dog.VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!

recent news in habs land:-Lapierre signs a 2 year deal.-Negotiations with Andrei Kostitsyn are still on going....-Apparently Montreal and Detroit are very interested in Mats Sundin, Toronto journalists are outraged.-Lecavalier said he likes the style of hockey the Habs play. I know he keeps saying he likes Tampa and wants to stay there but I think he's saying that just to protect his reputation with Montrealers and not end up with the Briere treatment, it's surprizing how quick we can turn on someone. It would be amazing to have Lecavalier come to Montreal as a UFA next year. We all know he played in Maurice but did you know he appeared in Happy Gilmour for like 1 second.

recent news in habs land:-Lapierre signs a 2 year deal.-Negotiations with Andrei Kostitsyn are still on going....-Apparently Montreal and Detroit are very interested in Mats Sundin, Toronto journalists are outraged.-Lecavalier said he likes the style of hockey the Habs play. I know he keeps saying he likes Tampa and wants to stay there but I think he's saying that just to protect his reputation with Montrealers and not end up with the Briere treatment, it's surprizing how quick we can turn on someone. It would be amazing to have Lecavalier come to Montreal as a UFA next year. We all know he played in Maurice but did you know he appeared in Happy Gilmour for like 1 second.
curious..which journalists are outraged at Mats Sundin???FWIW there is no way in hell that Mats Sundin would suit up for Montreal, under any circumstance..
curious..which journalists are outraged at Mats Sundin???FWIW there is no way in hell that Mats Sundin would suit up for Montreal, under any circumstance..
lol I think I agree but this could ibe nteresting for Mats. He would be the #1 center, play with Kovy and get a chance to hoist the cup... He would fill the missing link for the Habs perfectly, but the slap in the face to Toronto would be so huge that it's unlikely.The name of the whining reporter slips my mind right now, list me some of the big name reports that follow the leafs religiously...
  • 4 weeks later...

The team is looking better now than it did when we finished the season, BG has pulled some prettty sweet moves once again.- Ryder left to the Bruins for a 4y/$16M contract. Julien coached Ryder in the minors and turned him into a 30 goal scorer in Mtl. Julien obviously thinks he can turn Ryder around, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does score 30 goals aagain, but it's a high price to pay IMO and a big gmble. I'm glad to see him go, I've never been a a big Ryder fan.- Streit is in Long Island with a 5y/ $20M contract. He was our 3rd scorer and was solid on the point on the PP but he wasn't reliable defensively. He said he wanted a regular role as a defenceman but he couldn't crack our top 6 here, so bye bye. We enjoyed having you here and wish you the best in your career. I don't understand how the Isles dump MA Bergeron but sign Streit long term.- Kostistsyn is signed for 3 years at $3.25M/year. Awesome deal. Bob made a great move by signing this guy cheap, great value. - Tanguay to Mtl for a late 1st round pick and next summers 2nd round. Great deal. He's excited to come to Montreal and Montreal is excited to have him, he's going to log lots of quality minutes on the top 2 lines playing an offensive open style of hockey he is comfortable with. Great pickup by BG.- Georges Laraque sings a 3y/ $4.5M contract. The biggest badest enforcer in the league, and he can play hockey. He won't dress for al the games but he'll be very usefull against teams who run at heads. Kovalev and Koivu will finally have a guy who will punish people who fcuk with them. I can't wait to see him fight someone in the Bell Center, he's going to be a hero in Mtl. I caa see him logging minutes with Lapierre._ Grabovski to the leafs. He suddenly becomes a #2 center lol. He was never going to become an NHL'er in Montreal. This is his chance, gl. I think he gets pushed off the puck way too easily and I find he tries plays that may work in the AHL but won't in the NHL. His upside is his speed. This guy is scary fast. Good move by Bob to get a nice 2nd round pick and maybe Timmins identified Payteron as an interesting prospec, he's going to play in a very good program in Michigan neext year so I think this may have been a double whammy. Toronto should not be dishing out their drafts picks, suckas.So here is the core of the team:A Kostitsyn - Plekanec - KovalevTanguay - Koivu - S. KostitsynHiggins- Lapierre/Chipchurra - LatendresseLaraque - Lapierre/Chipchurra - XXXMarkov- KomisarekHamrlik - O'ByrnBouillion - GeorgesPrice Halak XXX - Begin / Kostopoulos / call - upsSmolinsky is done in MTL IMO he won't be offered a contract here. Dandenault is welcome to stay if he is willing to visit the press box alot this season. I don't think he wants that so if we can trade him it would be nice, 4th round pick anyone?Vlentenko or Brisebois can be our 7th defencemen. I think holding on to Brisebois 1 more season could be good. We signed Marc Denis which is smart. we can't call up Dejardins yet but Denis can fill that role perfectly if need be. I don't know who will get the ice time in Hamilton though...Sundin is the only Free Agent i'd like to see join the team now. GO HABS GO!

Tanguay, Laraque and Denis...I hope that shuts up the idiots that are always going on about not enough French players on Montreal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

in honour of the 100 years celebration, i am working on a post calledTOP 100 reasons to hate the Habs.Look for it to come out before training camp.

in honour of the 100 years celebration, i am working on a post calledTOP 100 reasons to hate the Habs.Look for it to come out before training camp.
Here's one to get you on your way...#41 Because they're 100 times better than the Maple Leafs
Here's one to get you on your way...#41 Because they're 100 times better than the Maple Leafs
Ill keep that in mind....Why #41??by the way Adrian is looking forward to his gift that you promised in lieu of the $5 you owe me...I really hope its not Hab relatedSee you Oct 4
Ill keep that in mind....Why #41??by the way Adrian is looking forward to his gift that you promised in lieu of the $5 you owe me...I really hope its not Hab relatedSee you Oct 4

From habsinsideout.comSundin suits upposted by Mike Boone at 6h26 EST on Sep 4For PokerStars.com. “I have always enjoyed playing poker and partnering with PokerStars gives me the opportunity to challenge myself and explore the full potential of my game," Sundin says. "I believe the fighting spirit I’ve developed as a hockey pro will really help me at the tables." Maybe Bob Gainey should try to sign Daniel Negreanu.

Steve Bégin on the acquisition of Georges Laraque: “Even without stepping foot in the gym this summer, all of us gained 20 pounds when Georges signed with us."

Steve Bégin on the acquisition of Georges Laraque: “Even without stepping foot in the gym this summer, all of us gained 20 pounds when Georges signed with us."
I sure hope they stepped in the gym this summer!
I sure hope they stepped in the gym this summer!
The Habs fans will be disappointed this year...Just mark my words...Even the greatest fans will agree they overachieved...They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year..Look for Serge's NHL preview for the details.
The Habs fans will be disappointed this year...Just mark my words...Even the greatest fans will agree they overachieved...They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year..
How much you want to put on this one?