Club De Hockey Canadien

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bolded part is evidently now public. I was not aware. An excerpt from the press conference during the donation pledge....   At Wednesday’s announcement, P.K. was filled with emotion as he talked

This is not the Leafs thread...we don't celebrate every little accomplishment.

Doesn't really matter though. If he creates 5 goals and costs his team 4 goals, he is still more valuable than a super shut down defenseman who never gives up a goal but who never creates a goal for e

thats fine..its a win win for you...But just like I predicted a 20 year old goalie can only do so much in the playoffs..the inexperience is finally showing and i did say it would happen...Also the Habs success this year is because of a very surprising career year from a 35 year old Kovalev..Surprising to see that it was the second highest pt total in his career..(2000-2001 had 95pts) however he has been very inconsistent in his career and without those points and without guys like Markov and Hamrlik this is just a mediocre team...Yes they have young guys but it remains to be seen if they can take it to the next level...
lol, yea take out any teams 3 better players and most teams in the NHL are mediocre or worse. Whats the point there?
was it you criticising the hamrlik signing, serge?
Yes, Serge throws a thousand darts and acts like the one that just sticks into the bottom of the dartboard is Nostradamus-like.
lol, yea take out any teams 3 better players and most teams in the NHL are mediocre or worse. Whats the point there?
The point I was making was, Dale suggested the team is succesful and young..However they had a succesful season mostly because of Kovalev...I am still not convinced on Price being a superstar goalie in the NHL..Just what I feel..I know everyone will disagree

I'd say the Habs success has a lot more to do with the rest of the team than it would one specific player in Kovalev. Teams don't do well with just one good player. (Hint: Leafs) The emergence of some guys offensively, like Plekanec, Higgins, Markov, etc have much more to do with the success of this team, imho, not to mention the Kostitsyn boys, etc.

The point I was making was, Dale suggested the team is succesful and young..However they had a succesful season mostly because of Kovalev...I am still not convinced on Price being a superstar goalie in the NHL..Just what I feel..I know everyone will disagree
It wasn't all Kovalev. Its not like he put up 130 points. Sure he helped, his leadership probably helped too but a lot of guys stepped up. Also, i'd say they've had more then just a successful regular season and lets not forget that this series is far from over. Price still has 2 shutouts these playoffs and he's certainly shown he has the tools to be a superstar. Its not something that we can measure for at least another 10 years anyways.
It wasn't all Kovalev. Its not like he put up 130 points. Sure he helped, his leadership probably helped too but a lot of guys stepped up. Also, i'd say they've had more then just a successful regular season and lets not forget that this series is far from over. Price still has 2 shutouts these playoffs and he's certainly shown he has the tools to be a superstar. Its not something that we can measure for at least another 10 years anyways.
I agree that we wont be able to judge Price's status for a while..however the media annointed this guy to be the next Patrick Roy..This kid only has played only 40 games in the NHL with some success...but so have a lot of other goalies before him.
I agree that we wont be able to judge Price's status for a while..however the media annointed this guy to be the next Patrick Roy..This kid only has played only 40 games in the NHL with some success...but so have a lot of other goalies before him.
That's a lot of pressure to put on a young goalie. Who has more than held his own with all the scrutiny.There are a lot of young goalies who start off hot and fade into oblivion Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, etc..I don't think this will happen to Price but to say he will be the next Roy or Brodeur is a little too much to ask. We'll have to wait and see.
That's a lot of pressure to put on a young goalie. Who has more than held his own with all the scrutiny.There are a lot of young goalies who start off hot and fade into oblivion Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, etc..I don't think this will happen to Price but to say he will be the next Roy or Brodeur is a little too much to ask. We'll have to wait and see.
I also believe that by trading Huet, Gainey put added pressure on the kid...but thats just my opinion...I agreed that Price should be the guy in the playoffs, however having the experience in HUET would of helped him grow as a goalie, as opposed to another rookie as a backup.
It is a lot of pressure on him and it is even more pressure when you're playing in Montreal where they expect better than the best when it comes to their hockey. If Price doesn't take them to the final this year you can pretty much forget about the comparisons to Roy or Brodeur, but they shouldn't be comparing him to those goalies at this stage anyways.
Canadiens Desecrate Rocky Statue
It sure took them long enough to get it on and then it came down faster than it went up lolWould have been a better video it a hockey game broke out with the guys that put it up and those that tore it down.
Halak to get the start in net tonight....interesting
It will be interesting to see how that will play out if it is the case. This is a big game and if the move works Carbs is a genius, if not...

Dont think the Montreal goaltending situation was teh factor tonight...however I think Biron is the MVP in this series without question...Battle of Pennsylvania looming

Dont think the Montreal goaltending situation was teh factor tonight...however I think Biron is the MVP in this series without question...Battle of Pennsylvania looming
Yea it might have had a little to do with the most ridiculous penalty call EVER. If that had happened to the leafs serge you would have already burned down that refs house.
Yea it might have had a little to do with the most ridiculous penalty call EVER. If that had happened to the leafs serge you would have already burned down that refs house.
Yes the Habs are down 3-1 because of one penalty call..sureYou morons deserve to lose..I am not holding back anymore..NANANANA stick it up your ass..Go burn some police cars and look more foolish.
Yes the Habs are down 3-1 because of one penalty call..sureYou morons deserve to lose..I am not holding back anymore..NANANANA stick it up your ass..Go burn some police cars and look more foolish.
actually, the pictures of the destroyed police cars were pretty funny. "GO HABS GO!" in shitty handwriting.
Definitely not the most ridiculous penalty ever. It was a 50/50 call. If he doesn't call it no one mentions it but if he does and they score it gets blown out of proportion. The Capitals have more to coplain about when their goalie got shoved out of the net for the go ahead goal in game 7.The Canadians never lost the game because of 1 penalty. If they would have capitalized on a couple more of their 39 shots then they wouldn't have to worry about 1 penalty leading to a go ahead goal. The Canadians played well and deserved to win but Biron is doing what Price was supposed to do which is steal wins for his teams when they get ouplayed and outshot.

Ottawa getting swept in 4 games CHECKMontreal getting beat due to Price's inexperience CHECKPenguins not to win the EAST Working on it

Penguins not to win the EAST Working on it
Please tell me you're accepting prop bets. I'll say they win the next series in 5 or less, no matter who the opponent.

don't count the Habs out of it yet, they could easily reel off 3 straight. Wash was down 3-1 and pushed it to 7, game 7 in Montreal will be a nightmare situation for Philly.